starkvegasdawg
05-04-2020, 10:25 AM
He was 90.

FISHDAWG
05-04-2020, 10:30 AM
one of my all time favorites ... RIP coach

msbulldog
05-04-2020, 12:13 PM
Only perfect NFL season, that team was just fun to watch, Jim Kiick, Larry Czonka and Mercury Morris, just Damn! God Speed coach.

FISHDAWG
05-04-2020, 12:42 PM
Only perfect NFL season, that team was just fun to watch, Jim Kiick, Larry Czonka and Mercury Morris, just Damn! God Speed coach.

I have an interesting story about that perfect season .... I was at a hunting / fishing lodge in Montana and the owner told us this story since Larry Czonka filmed several of his shows from that lodge and became good friends with Phil (owner of the lodge)..... One night after dinner and the drink was flowing Czonk said it actually wasn't a "TRUE" perfect season .... They were playing the Raiders when John Madden was still coaching them and it was 4th and one or two yards, The Dolphins were trailing .... Gresie in the huddle said Czonk was going inside tackle and if he didn't make it he instructed the tight end to start a fight immediately ... the play was close so the tight end swung a fist and the ref's and the crowds attention was drawn to the fight .... meanwhile Czonka laying on the ground gave a belly lunge to put the ball just across the first down line while the diversion was working perfectly... Czonk said he looked straight down the line and there was Madden watching him do it ... The only person in a crowd of 70K to see it was Madden who proceeded immediately to plead to the refs about what had just happened but to no avail .... Dolphins won the game to continue that "Perfect" season and for a while the only two men who knew better was Czonka and Madden .... He said several years later they had a good laugh about it - but make no mistake - It wasn't actually a perfect season even though it is in the record book

Liverpooldawg
05-04-2020, 02:43 PM
I have an interesting story about that perfect season .... I was at a hunting / fishing lodge in Montana and the owner told us this story since Larry Czonka filmed several of his shows from that lodge and became good friends with Phil (owner of the lodge)..... One night after dinner and the drink was flowing Czonk said it actually wasn't a "TRUE" perfect season .... They were playing the Raiders when John Madden was still coaching them and it was 4th and one or two yards, The Dolphins were trailing .... Gresie in the huddle said Czonk was going inside tackle and if he didn't make it he instructed the tight end to start a fight immediately ... the play was close so the tight end swung a fist and the ref's and the crowds attention was drawn to the fight .... meanwhile Czonka laying on the ground gave a belly lunge to put the ball just across the first down line while the diversion was working perfectly... Czonk said he looked straight down the line and there was Madden watching him do it ... The only person in a crowd of 70K to see it was Madden who proceeded immediately to plead to the refs about what had just happened but to no avail .... Dolphins won the game to continue that "Perfect" season and for a while the only two men who knew better was Czonka and Madden .... He said several years later they had a good laugh about it - but make no mistake - It wasn't actually a perfect season even though it is in the record book

Make no mistake.....it is in the record book as a perfect season. It is a perfect season. No matter what some guy who says he knows Cznok said.

FISHDAWG
05-04-2020, 03:17 PM
Make no mistake.....it is in the record book as a perfect season. It is a perfect season. No matter what some guy who says he knows Cznok said.

it has a caveat ... Jesus you're insufferable

msbulldog
05-04-2020, 06:45 PM

That's funny! Rep given!

TaleofTwoDogs
05-05-2020, 09:45 PM
One of the best. RIP

Cooterpoot
05-05-2020, 10:52 PM
Never liked him or Marino.