PDA

View Full Version : New Leach Article

ShotgunDawg
05-03-2020, 12:10 PM
He?s Back!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mike-leach-talks-lane-kiffin-recruiting-in-mississippi-as-most-compelling-chapter-of-his-career-begins/

HoopsDawg
05-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Not really. This interview was done before the infamous tweet.

tireddawg
05-03-2020, 04:28 PM
Love this

"Also, it might be wise for him to load up on defensive linemen. Fortunately, Mississippi State has spat them out like an assembly line."

Hope it continues.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-03-2020, 05:22 PM
I'll be glad when we get to the point where an article on Leach doesn't have to include the name Lane Kiffen alongside. And to say that Moorhead got run out of town "in part" because OM fired the first shot with Kiffen....I don't know what to say. Did he get that from Nafoom?

ShotgunDawg
05-03-2020, 05:23 PM
Love this

"Also, it might be wise for him to load up on defensive linemen. Fortunately, Mississippi State has spat them out like an assembly line."

Hope it continues.

Yet A&M, who hasn’t produced many DL comes in the state and purchases the best one last year

Bothrops
05-03-2020, 07:14 PM
Thing is, if we don't have d-linemen to recruit within the state and juco system, we aren't gonna be in on much.

TUSK
05-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Yet A&M, who hasn’t produced many DL comes in the state and purchases the best one last year

Any idea how much he cost A&M?

Todd4State
05-03-2020, 07:33 PM
I'll be glad when we get to the point where an article on Leach doesn't have to include the name Lane Kiffen alongside. And to say that Moorhead got run out of town "in part" because OM fired the first shot with Kiffen....I don't know what to say. Did he get that from Nafoom?

Probably some Clarion-Ledger beat writer.

It's not like the Gay/Shrader fight, the Tutor-Gate 10, and the multiple suspensions and etc. are secrets.

Unfortunately the way we played last year is how the College football world "expects" MSU to play football- sloppy. Which they in turn misinterpret as "lacking talent".

It's also against our M.O. Croom got a chance to coach against Nutt. You can maybe say that we fired Felker in part because he lost to Ole Miss and Brewer but that was a long time ago and even then it took three losses in a row for us to pull the trigger. I'm pretty sure we've never fired a football coach for specifically not beating Ole Miss. How many times did we allow Dan to lose to Ole Miss while he was looking for another job? And even then the "worst" thing we did was just not extend his contract.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-03-2020, 08:54 PM
Any idea how much he cost A&M?

Probably close to the price UA-T was offering.

Just kidding.

TALL DAWG
05-04-2020, 07:06 PM
Thing is, if we don't have d-linemen to recruit within the state and juco system, we aren't gonna be in on much.

This should NEVER EVER be the case anymore!
With as many studs as we have in the NFL now
we should be able to sell a lot of out of state
lineman on coming here.

Bothrops
05-04-2020, 07:42 PM
lineman on coming here.

I agree. You would think.

ShotgunDawg
05-04-2020, 08:18 PM
lineman on coming here.

I agree. It makes no sense.

Recruiting makes no sense to me. Never has.

How does McKinley Jackson not consider MSU after the DL we have produced yet signs with a non DL producer that has won much.

Crazy

Ari Gold
05-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Didn’t read the article .. is there anything in there Cohen and the administration need to make him “apologize” for??? **

Dawgology
05-06-2020, 08:49 AM
I'm suprised at the number of passive aggressive shots he took at Kiffen. This could get fun.

ShotgunDawg
05-06-2020, 08:51 AM
I'm suprised at the number of passive aggressive shots he took at Kiffen. This could get fun.

Kiffin doesn't talk. People are building up something that will be a dud in reality. Especially after Leach's twitter downfall