PDA

View Full Version : The Baum

TheLostDawg
05-02-2020, 09:55 AM
I hate that we were so being in all our upgrades that it's going to be a while before we make more additions to the dude.

We have the hump then football before I imagine we make major upgrades to baseball again.

Arkansas is dumping money into their baseball program and did football recently.

I know that it's good to be a little late so we can adjust to the future and consider what works such as not more seats in football but premium seating while baseball it seems it needs both.

Anyway here is Arkansas new addition plans. I imagine that it's years away but with the Walmart money, y'all might have a better idea.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackBSB/status/1255934957760856064?s=19

Turfdawg67
05-02-2020, 10:06 AM
Wait... we literally just finished building the best college baseball facility in America and you want to upgrade? We aren't late, we are ushering in the new stadium era, again.

confucius say
05-02-2020, 10:11 AM
Ark is hurting for money and operating at a deficit. Will be interesting to see if they cut jobs or a whole sport.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Arkansas-Razorbacks-athletic-director-Hunter-Yurachek-budget-cuts-wont-result-in-loss-of-sports-COVID-19-coronavirus-pandemic-SEC-145651346/Amp/

WPS
05-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Ark is hurting for money and operating at a deficit. Will be interesting to see if they cut jobs or a whole sport.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Arkansas-Razorbacks-athletic-director-Hunter-Yurachek-budget-cuts-wont-result-in-loss-of-sports-COVID-19-coronavirus-pandemic-SEC-145651346/Amp/

URL says budget cuts won?t result in a loss of sports lol. Article sounds like it?s pretty typical for most schools to be facing a deficit with the current situation. We should have plenty in reserves in the Razorback Foundation but if we keep firing coaches and paying buyouts while continuing to upgrade facilities then that may change lol. The baseball facility was half paid for by former Walmart execs and fans who donated their season ticket refunds back into the project.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-02-2020, 08:48 PM
Covid gonna put a hurting on Tyson.

TheLostDawg
05-03-2020, 09:28 AM
Wait... we literally just finished building the best college baseball facility in America and you want to upgrade? We aren't late, we are ushering in the new stadium era, again.

You must have season tickets. For those that don't know the struggle of getting seats there. So yes I wish they'd upgrade by having more seating somewhere. Maybe extend the upper level. As Les miles once said "if you don't have a crane outside your facilities at all times then you aren't doing something right". Obviously that was an exaggeration but we have a lot of needs in many sports. My point was that it sucks that we were so behind on upgrades and it's going to be a while before we get back to doing anything big with say baseball because we have so many other big needed projects ahead of it. They should have started on the hump the moment they finished the dude.

Bothrops
05-03-2020, 06:12 PM
I hate that we were so being in all our upgrades that it's going to be a while before we make more additions to the dude.

We have the hump then football before I imagine we make major upgrades to baseball again.

Arkansas is dumping money into their baseball program and did football recently.

I know that it's good to be a little late so we can adjust to the future and consider what works such as not more seats in football but premium seating while baseball it seems it needs both.

Anyway here is Arkansas new addition plans. I imagine that it's years away but with the Walmart money, y'all might have a better idea.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackBSB/status/1255934957760856064?s=19

The next thing that was going into the Dude was the second condominium building of lofts. I doubt that happens now due to the economic impact of Covid-19. But the stadium is done and everyone is trying to play catchup. Baum is comfortably in at #2 with these upgrades.