PDA

View Full Version : Governor's Press Conference

SteelCurtain74
05-01-2020, 05:59 PM
I only caught a little of his press conference today but he seemed a little fired up. Was the issue over who will control the 1.2 billion? It seemed he doesn't want the state legislature to put their paws on it. Is that the issue?

iPat09
05-01-2020, 06:25 PM
I've been at a fair share of his press conferences since this all started, and he was definitely more fired up than usual today. I just think he wants to make sure it goes to the right people and that it's not wasted and eventually sent back unused because it was appropriated to the wrong people.

Harrydawg
05-01-2020, 06:42 PM
This is a crazy deal / Am I to Understand that Dilbert and Gunn agree to allow the Legislature to have a say on spending and Tater disagrees?

Interesting if that?s the case

msbulldog
05-01-2020, 07:05 PM
Damn and the Mississippi Legislature has such an outstanding record of moving expediently and being real smart.

BeardoMSU
05-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Damn and the Mississippi Legislature has such an outstanding record of moving expediently and being real smart.

Well, Tater spent about that much on all those license plate commercials, guess he's qualified, too.**

HoopsDawg
05-01-2020, 07:18 PM

To get something done a committee should consist of no more than three people, two of whom are absent. ~Robert Copeland

Cooterpoot
05-01-2020, 07:51 PM
Tot's been coached. He's started cussing and acting tough. Someone told him he looked like a ***** and he's been coached to act tough.

confucius say
05-01-2020, 08:25 PM
The current state of the law is that the governor controls allocation of disaster, emergency relief. That is why the legislature convened today, after sitting on their collective asses for 7 weeks as non-essential workers, to try and change a decades old law that gives the gov the power in these situations. I'm no Tate fan, but what the legislature tried to do today after cowering in the corner like puss**s for the last 7 weeks is disgusting. Money hits the coffers and they come from behind their cozy protective shields because they want a say, and are willing to change a law to do it.

Harrydawg
05-01-2020, 08:29 PM
I have been on Tate’s side, why would a Rep run house and senate (Delbert and Gunn who I think are great) do this?

Doesn’t make sense

MaroonFlounder
05-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Tate was on a national interview talking about MS has not had a single day with more than 300 new cases.

He jinxed himself.

Today we had 397 new cases. Oof.

Jack Lambert
05-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Tot's been coached. He's started cussing and acting tough. Someone told him he looked like a ***** and he's been coached to act tough.

since being in office he had the record floods, virus and the biggest tornadoes breakout in a long time. All that in his first four months. He's probably tired and just said ****'em.

yjnkdawg
05-01-2020, 09:41 PM
It's a crapping power struggle. Delbert (or Gilbert as the elderly Lady called him that probably got him some votes he wouldn't have gotten) and some of the legislative big wigs are butt hurt because they want control of where the money is going. If they do get control, it will be interesting if any little pet projects evolve? That would be the stupidest thing in the world, especially with a panademic still going strong, and their constituents needing money now, for them to sue Tate, but that wouldn't surprise me in the least. So when and if they get control and we need a another national disaster declaration, the legislature would have to convene and vote on it? But actually if this legislation does go through, it depends on the wording and the intent of the legislation.

yjnkdawg
05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
I have been on Tate?s side, why would a Rep run house and senate (Delbert and Gunn who I think are great) do this?

Doesn?t make sense

It's called power and control.

MaroonFlounder
05-03-2020, 09:01 AM
Don't you know Phil Bryant is sitting at home thinking whew! Timing is everything.

Tater has had to deal with massive problems. FLOODS, TORNADOES AND COVID 19!