msstate7
05-01-2020, 01:19 PM
Good luck key

confucius say
05-01-2020, 01:22 PM
I like it. Great academic school too

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2020, 01:24 PM
Congrats to him. Hate it didn't work out for him. But he gave us a great Bulldog memory in the Gator Bowl. Wish him all the best.

HancockCountyDog
05-01-2020, 01:27 PM
Nice landing spot for him. Will be fun to watch

Good for him for getting his degree. Great kid - I wish him nothing but success. I still would have liked to see what he could have done with a Mullen offense in 2019.

Commercecomet24
05-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Hope he does well. That offense will fit his skill set.

FISHDAWG
05-01-2020, 01:59 PM
good luck KT ... we will be pulling for you and UVA

gtowndawg
05-01-2020, 02:26 PM
I'll be pulling for him.

Commercecomet24
05-01-2020, 02:34 PM
He's going to play for a very good coach and a good culture.

IMissJack
05-01-2020, 03:09 PM
It is crazy how certain careers just don't go as everyone expected. I hope he is successful there.

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2020, 03:24 PM
It is crazy how certain careers just don't go as everyone expected. I hope he is successful there.

That's Dan Mullen's fault. My guess is that KT would have been very good had Mullen not decided to leave

Turfdawg67
05-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Awesome! Go kick some ass.

msbulldog
05-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Good luck KT! I'm so glad you are a MSU Alum, and you will get an excellent post-grad degree at UV. I will never forget that Gator Bowl, where ya'll kicked Lamar Jackson and Louisville's ass with mostly GA for coaches. I'll be pulling for you, young man!

Bothrops
05-01-2020, 06:16 PM
The MSU qb that beat a Heisman winner.

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2020, 06:43 PM
The MSU qb that beat a Heisman winner.

KT did well in that game, but our defense beat the Heisman winner, not KT. It's an insult to that defense to continue to say this.

KT was NEVER on the field when Jackson was

Bothrops
05-01-2020, 06:55 PM
KT did well in that game, but our defense beat the Heisman winner, not KT. It's an insult to that defense to continue to say this.

KT was NEVER on the field when Jackson was

Come on man, give the kid a break.

NCMSTFAN
05-01-2020, 07:47 PM
Good luck to KT, I wish Moorhead gave him a chance, he will be good for UVA

Coach34
05-01-2020, 09:21 PM
My guess is that he does pretty well and has a good college career. Moorhead Starts him in 2019 with Shrader as the back-up and we have winning season in 2019. It doesnt tear the team apart. Wish him well and will enjoy his success

bluelightstar
05-01-2020, 10:06 PM
Hope he does awesome. Although if he goes to UVA and plays really well, I will resent Joe Moorhead as a head football coach more than I already do.

Dawgcap
05-01-2020, 11:05 PM
My guess is that he does pretty well and has a good college career. Moorhead Starts him in 2019 with Shrader as the back-up and we have winning season in 2019. It doesnt tear the team apart. Wish him well and will enjoy his success

And you are saying Stevens was the issue? And at what point did you know Shrader was the back up? Funny how you can be a revisionist now. What if Stevens doesn?t get hurt or if KT plays how do you know we win?

Dawgcap
05-01-2020, 11:12 PM
I can?t say if KT starts we don?t have a winning record but you can?t say different because of the injury factor. The point is that Moorhead never trusted KT. He just didn?t. Just like Leach doesn?t believe he fits his system. The point I?m trying to make is he never fit with the previous staff or this new one

Maroonthirteen
05-01-2020, 11:16 PM
And you are saying Stevens was the issue? And at what point did you know Shrader was the back up? Funny how you can be a revisionist now. What if Stevens doesn?t get hurt or if KT plays how do you know we win?

What if stevens doesn't get hurt? That dude gets hurt getting out of bed. Especially if it's a tough day ahead.

Dawgcap
05-01-2020, 11:21 PM
What if stevens doesn't get hurt? That dude gets hurt getting out of bed. Especially if it's a tough day ahead.
The Saints beg to differ. Will he hold on and make it ? I don?t know but I?m thinking the issues of Stevens and our offense had more to do with a poor job coaching by the previous staff. They were fired. Stevens did get drafted.

chef dixon
05-02-2020, 08:33 AM
Sucks we never really got to see him play here. Hard to fathom he didn't get more PT during the catastrophe that was the JOMO QB era. That dang practice completion percentage!

Maroonthirteen
05-02-2020, 09:45 AM
We saw him play plenty. 4-5 as a starter. 1-5 as a starter vs P5 opponents. Arkansas was his lone win.

Edit to add: I don't mean to be argumentative. I just feel Moorhead really took us for a ride bringing in his boy. KT deserved better.

chef dixon
05-02-2020, 02:44 PM
We saw him play plenty. 4-5 as a starter. 1-5 as a starter vs P5 opponents. Arkansas was his lone win.

Edit to add: I don't mean to be argumentative. I just feel Moorhead really took us for a ride bringing in his boy. KT deserved better.

That's not true though. He started 2 games while he was here and he went 2-0 (Louisville bowl game, and SFA). The only other game he played significant minutes was 2017 egg bowl. He only had 105 passing attempts and 99 carries in 3 years. Scored 18 total touchdowns.

His total number of plays in 3 years was less than both Tommy and Shrader each last year and he's put up more touchdowns than both of them. I can't understand why we didn't see him more with some of the QB play we saw the last 2 years. I just have to assume Joe didn't know what he was doing, but I know a lot of our fans like to think he knew what he was doing when it came to KT. Just my opinion, but I will die on the hill that KT never got a true shot and we would have been better had he started playing some in 2018.

Maroonthirteen
05-02-2020, 03:04 PM
Chef.... dayum. I'm sorry. I read your Post wrong. I thought you were talking about Stevens. I had a few too many Manhattans last night. Hard to focus this morning.

I agree with your posts. Hindsight and all.... but we would have been better off with Knox as HC and KT at QB last year than JoMo and TS.

chef dixon
05-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Chef.... dayum. I'm sorry. I read your Post wrong. I thought you were talking about Stevens. I had a few too many Manhattans last night. Hard to focus this morning.

I agree with your posts. Hindsight and all.... but we would have been better off with Knox as HC and KT at QB last year than JoMo and TS.

No worries. Nothing wrong with a few too many!

parabrave
05-03-2020, 12:35 AM

I said the same after Mullen left.

Todd4State
05-03-2020, 12:57 AM
That's not true though. He started 2 games while he was here and he went 2-0 (Louisville bowl game, and SFA). The only other game he played significant minutes was 2017 egg bowl. He only had 105 passing attempts and 99 carries in 3 years. Scored 18 total touchdowns.

His total number of plays in 3 years was less than both Tommy and Shrader each last year and he's put up more touchdowns than both of them. I can't understand why we didn't see him more with some of the QB play we saw the last 2 years. I just have to assume Joe didn't know what he was doing, but I know a lot of our fans like to think he knew what he was doing when it came to KT. Just my opinion, but I will die on the hill that KT never got a true shot and we would have been better had he started playing some in 2018.

He didn't complete enough passes. Even against Stephen F Austin he was below 50%. Fitz was better than that. Tommy Stevens when healthy is a good QB. The Saints agree- and apparently the Panthers do too. It's not just Moorhead- Leach isn't begging him to stay either. Knock Moorhead all you want but he is considered a good offensive mind. Moorhead's problems goes back to his lack of discipline in general- that includes offensive execution. If we start KT I don't think we win the Egg Bowl and we may have lose to Kentucky. KT had a chance to improve and get better and he didn't do it and hopefully we will figure it out in Virginia.

chef dixon
05-03-2020, 07:25 AM
He didn't complete enough passes. Even against Stephen F Austin he was below 50%. Fitz was better than that. Tommy Stevens when healthy is a good QB. The Saints agree- and apparently the Panthers do too. It's not just Moorhead- Leach isn't begging him to stay either. Knock Moorhead all you want but he is considered a good offensive mind. Moorhead's problems goes back to his lack of discipline in general- that includes offensive execution. If we start KT I don't think we win the Egg Bowl and we may have lose to Kentucky. KT had a chance to improve and get better and he didn't do it and hopefully we will figure it out in Virginia.

Our QB play the last year was atrocious regardless of completion percentage. KT put up points when he played and is the best running QB we had. So you would think the offensive guru would have found a way to incorporate that since he ran our QBs 200 times last year. And of course Leach doesn't want him, he wants pure pocket guys. I can't remember how many times I saw people on this board say KT is SWAC or Nichols State bound. Well he's going to a team that was in a NY6 bowl last year with a coach everyone respects, and Moorhead got fired. Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm not changing anyone else's. Seems like a huge wasted opportunity to me.

Maroonthirteen
05-03-2020, 07:56 AM
I'll be honest. I bought the completion % arguement and drank the Stevens kool-aid summer of 19. But..... knowing what we know now. It would have been extremely valuable for team morale to name KT the starter in the spring going into the summer. Then taking all the first team reps in pre-season camp. He may have improved tremendously.

The way the season went, playing a true freshman half the games, I believe We would have won just as many or maybe more with KT last year.

Captain Falcon
05-03-2020, 08:03 AM
I am convinced we could have had Dak in the Moorhead offense and still not been any good. It all looked the same no matter who was playing QB. Fitz, KT, Stevens, Shrader, none of them could move the ball against good teams in that offense because our system so was dang dysfunctional.

ShotgunDawg
05-03-2020, 09:30 AM
I am convinced we could have had Dak in the Moorhead offense and still not been any good. It all looked the same no matter who was playing QB. Fitz, KT, Stevens, Shrader, none of them could move the ball against good teams in that offense because our system so was dang dysfunctional.

This

bluelightstar
05-03-2020, 02:46 PM

Plenty of coaches were thought to be offensive geniuses before getting exposed. I will look with interest to see if Moorhead turns out to be a flash in the pan that was only good with scholarship advantages or Saquon Barkley. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is.

NCMSTFAN
05-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Our QB play the last year was atrocious regardless of completion percentage. KT put up points when he played and is the best running QB we had. So you would think the offensive guru would have found a way to incorporate that since he ran our QBs 200 times last year. And of course Leach doesn't want him, he wants pure pocket guys. I can't remember how many times I saw people on this board say KT is SWAC or Nichols State bound. Well he's going to a team that was in a NY6 bowl last year with a coach everyone respects, and Moorhead got fired. Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm not changing anyone else's. Seems like a huge wasted opportunity to me.

Agree 100%

Bothrops
05-03-2020, 06:17 PM

This is true because his offense never even turned over.

Todd4State
05-03-2020, 07:21 PM

If you don't complete passes the offense will not get into a rhythm. Stevens was at 60% and wasn't healthy most of the year. Shrader was at 58% as a true freshman and that's pretty good. KT didn't put up points on anyone that wasn't coached by Peter Sirmon or a FCS school.

A lot of people that think we were awful last year on offense don't realize we were 7th in the SEC in PPG and 8th in total offense- so we were actually middle of the pack. In conference games we were 8th in PPG and 10th in total offense. So again in the middle of the pack.

If KT doesn't learn to complete passes more than 50% of the time he will not play at Virginia either.

Completing passes is good. I'm not sure why people argue otherwise as far as completion percentage goes.

Could he have used KT other ways? Yeah probably. But KT wants to play QB- not WR. So he's gone either way.

Todd4State
05-03-2020, 07:22 PM
Plenty of coaches were thought to be offensive geniuses before getting exposed. I will look with interest to see if Moorhead turns out to be a flash in the pan that was only good with scholarship advantages or Saquon Barkley. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is.

He may. I wouldn't be surprised if he does well as an OC though too. There will be a lot less on his plate as an OC that's for sure. Sometimes people have to fall on their ass before they move forward like Ed Orgeron.

bluelightstar
05-03-2020, 07:49 PM
If you don't complete passes the offense will not get into a rhythm. Stevens was at 60% and wasn't healthy most of the year. Shrader was at 58% as a true freshman and that's pretty good. KT didn't put up points on anyone that wasn't coached by Peter Sirmon or a FCS school.

A lot of people that think we were awful last year on offense don't realize we were 7th in the SEC in PPG and 8th in total offense- so we were actually middle of the pack. In conference games we were 8th in PPG and 10th in total offense. So again in the middle of the pack.

If KT doesn't learn to complete passes more than 50% of the time he will not play at Virginia either.

Agree — he may turn out to be an Ed O, but my money is on a Charlie Weis.

Completing passes is good. I'm not sure why people argue otherwise as far as completion percentage goes.

Could he have used KT other ways? Yeah probably. But KT wants to play QB- not WR. So he's gone either way.

Moorhead is gone so need to rehash much of this — but in conference games, much of our offense and our scoring came when we were down 30 in the 3rd and 4th quarters...

Todd4State
05-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Moorhead is gone so need to rehash much of this ? but in conference games, much of our offense and our scoring came when we were down 30 in the 3rd and 4th quarters...

That's a message board fallacy to justify why a coach that is statistically producing should be fired.

Kentucky- we won so not applicable.
Auburn- yes.
Tennessee- lost by 10 and game was in doubt until last five minutes of fourth quarter so not applicable.
LSU- weren't down by 30 until five minutes left in third quarter and they did you know- just win a National Title. We only scored six in the fourth quarter so I wouldn't say that this was applicable.
Texas A&M- the most we were down was 25. Close to applicable. Lost by 19.
Arkansas- we won so not applicable.
Alabama- our TD came in the first quarter so not applicable.
Ole Miss- we won so not applicable.

So the garbage time padding was only really applicable twice- Auburn and A&M.

That doesn't mean that our offense wasn't underperforming. But it wasn't the dumpster fire some of our fans make it out to be. I think it says more about the potential talent we have than anything. Think about it- we were poorly conditioned and were undisciplined and we still managed to put out a team that finished middle of the SEC in PPG and total offense.

Todd4State
05-03-2020, 09:27 PM
These are Virginia's starting QB's stats from this past season. Note the completion percentage despite being a true dual threat QB.

https://virginiasports.com/sports/football/roster/bryce-perkins/6545