PDA

View Full Version : Alex box

TheLostDawg
05-01-2020, 06:09 AM
I just don't see how they seem to always be at the top or around the top. Yes it's a nice stadium but number 1? Their upper deck is equivalent to our south end zone. Eye sore. Their outfield is just assigned seating bleachers.

https://www.collegebaseball.info/post/top-25-college-baseball-stadiums-according-to-players

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2020, 07:04 AM
It's loud and rowdy.

Dudy Noble is a great experience and the nicest stadium, but, due to the LFL, much of our crowd is dispersed over a larger area making for a less rowdy, not quite as loud situation. Alex Box is a little like Tiger Stadium with the acoustics. For players, playing at Dudy Noble is amazing but from an aura standpoint, Alex Box is Broadway.

Just telling the truth here. The stadium is meh, but the LSU fans make it more. They are generally more engaged than MSU fans.

Choctaw Dawg
05-01-2020, 07:34 AM
If you like bleachers you will love alex box!

TheLostDawg
05-01-2020, 07:41 AM
I understand. Hopefully they'll add some more lounges in the future to help. The lofts are nice but they don't fix that problem

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2020, 09:52 AM

Yeah, the bleachers aren't great, but once there is a butt in the seat, there is no difference.

For the most part, not sure if it's culture or what, but LSU fans are just more focused on the game than MSU fans.

BeardoMSU
05-01-2020, 09:54 AM

Nothing captures the majesty and grandeur of college baseball like sunlight glistening off of polished aluminum...**

KOdawg1
05-01-2020, 10:19 AM
Also, and this may be unpopular, but a large amount of our fans are older couples, and they're just not as likely to get loud and act a fool. We have a great atmosphere, don't get me wrong, but we don't have the level of crazy that LSU fans have

smootness
05-01-2020, 10:29 AM
Our atmosphere is more of a traditional baseball atmosphere, which I love. LSU's atmosphere is more like a football atmosphere.

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2020, 10:41 AM
Our atmosphere is more of a traditional baseball atmosphere, which I love. LSU's atmosphere is more like a football atmosphere.

Correct

It's the difference between Wrigley Field & Yankee Stadium.

Joebob
05-01-2020, 01:24 PM
I haven’t been to the current version of the Dude, but I noticed after they built the first version of the stadium, it was nowhere near the same atmosphere for the games I went to compared to the old rinky dink Dudy Noble field when all they had was bleachers and the left field lounge. Those were some crazy crowds back in those days. But it’s pretty much that way anytime they build a new stadium and try to add a more luxury touch to it.

msbulldog
05-01-2020, 05:16 PM
Check the You-tubes of the last super regional that was the last games of Jake Mangum and Big Hit Mac at Dudy Nobel. That may change your mind.

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2020, 05:40 PM
Check the You-tubes of the last super regional that was the last games of Jake Mangum and Big Hit Mac at Dudy Nobel. That may change your mind.

Yes, for a Super Regional Dudy Noble was amazing. There's no doubt.

For a typical SEC weekend, Alex Box is louder & more rowdy. It just is what it is. The fans are more intense on the game.

So whenever you see a poll, because Alex Boxer is better more weekends, there are going to be more players that see Alex Box as the best.

Bothrops
05-01-2020, 06:02 PM
A lot of players have not been to the new DNF yet. We were set to break the DNF crowd record this season, and could have seen its full potential with standing room only.

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2020, 06:05 PM
A lot of players have not been to the new DNF yet. We were set to break the DNF crowd record this season, and could have seen its full potential with standing room only.

Crowd size is only a piece of the puzzle though. It's way more about the intensity in the ballpark.

When you go to Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park, they intensity of the crowd is completely different than Wrigley Field or Dodger Stadium.

That's the difference for a typical game at Alex Box vs Dudy Noble. I honestly wish we'd improve in this regard

weblow
05-01-2020, 10:51 PM
Go to Alex Box and truly observe the fans. Regardless of age, they are there for one reason and that is to freaking cheer and be loud. 85 year old people screaming their asses off.

I love the new Dude and don’t miss a game but the blue hairs in the chairbacks around us literally would burst into flames if the even clapped along, much less screamed like everyone does at the Box.

PKADogs55
05-02-2020, 04:48 AM
I just moved back to Madison from Baton Rouge (3 years), observe fans or not ... been to games a plenty at both stadiums, give me Dudy any day over Alex Box. It's not even a comparison.

PKADogs55
05-02-2020, 04:51 AM
I have OM friends that try to argue that same point ... it's not happening. Sorry, call me bias, but No Sir.

PKADogs55
05-02-2020, 05:06 AM
Crowd size is only a piece of the puzzle though. It's way more about the intensity in the ballpark.

When you go to Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park, they intensity of the crowd is completely different than Wrigley Field or Dodger Stadium.

That's the difference for a typical game at Alex Box vs Dudy Noble. I honestly wish we'd improve in this regard

Gun I'm not picking on you ... but I've been to Fenway, Old NYY Stadium, and I've been to Wrigley .. all 3 on opening days. How do you judge insensitivity? Is that what truly makes a ballpark? The experience all around is what makes it. Hell ... the Old Fulton County stadium, was on par with all those .. and I'm a die hard Boston fan.

ShotgunDawg
05-02-2020, 07:30 AM
What makes a great ballpark is different for everyone. I'm just telling you why players typically vote Alex Box over DN

dawgoneyall
05-02-2020, 07:49 AM
The new Dudy did not address student participation.

Poor forethought/planning or what ever.

But it looks nice.

basedog
05-02-2020, 07:53 AM
Winning makes crowds, If a team sucks their is no atmosphere to speak except maybe the Cubs, LOL.

AlSwearengen
05-02-2020, 07:54 AM
Ya’ll might as well be arguing about a covid 19 cure. It all boils down to culture. Coonasses and louisianans are more vocal by nature, throw in alcohol which is more embedded in their culture and it makes for a more intense fan.

A typical birthday party in La will be more raucous and loud than one in MS. Same for a wedding, bunko game, or orgy.

ShotgunDawg
05-02-2020, 08:01 AM
Ya’ll might as well be arguing about a covid 19 cure. It all boils down to culture. Coonasses and louisianans are more vocal by nature, throw in alcohol which is more embedded in their culture and it makes for a more intense fan.

A typical birthday party in La will be more raucous and loud than one in MS. Same for a wedding, bunko game, or orgy.
This

TaleofTwoDogs
05-02-2020, 08:39 AM
I just moved back to Madison from Baton Rouge (3 years), observe fans or not ... been to games a plenty at both stadiums, give me Dudy any day over Alex Box. It's not even a comparison.

That's why we are #1 in the fan poll, but from the field view (the players) Box is a little more intense and distracting. Besides, this is an internet poll and you got to question the methods, especially how many of the 88 players who voted have played in both the Box and the Dude and how many of those have played in the new Dude.

tribaldawg
05-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Are these the same students that don't show up for basketball? Unless it is SBW or an LSU or OM weekend students aren't coming. The LFL drew them in but as cool as it was it had to go.

You can't trust a player poll and that is obvious by the vote counts. There were many more votes that didn't go to LSU and MSU than did. If they voted for anybody other than these two stadiums they let personal bias come before what are clearly the best two stadiums in America. We have no idea which players took part and if they have even played at Dudy Noble or Alex Box.

The twitter poll allowed fan bases to vote and the stadium that most people agreed was the top stadium going into the vote came out as the top stadium in America.

ShotgunDawg
05-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Are these the same students that don't show up for basketball? Unless it is SBW or an LSU or OM weekend students aren't coming. The LFL drew them in but as cool as it was it had to go.

You can't trust a player poll and that is obvious by the vote counts. There were many more votes that didn't go to LSU and MSU than did. If they voted for anybody other than these two stadiums they let personal bias come before what are clearly the best two stadiums in America. We have no idea which players took part and if they have even played at Dudy Noble or Alex Box.

The twitter poll allowed fan bases to vote and the stadium that most people agreed was the top stadium going into the vote came out as the top stadium in America.

Some of you are letting this get personal.

There's a different between stadium & atmosphere.

There is a difference between DNF's atmosphere week to week vs regionals

LSU's more consistent.

LSU outdraws MSU in baseball on an average basis & we both count tickets sold rather than buts in seats.

It just is what it is. Had our forefathers built MSU in Jackson then we could be what LSU is. But instead they built the school in the middle of nowhere for no good reason & thus we struggle to get good attendance on weekdays & Sundays.

It is what it is.

msbulldog
05-02-2020, 10:50 AM
That's why we are #1 in the fan poll, but from the field view (the players) Box is a little more intense and distracting. Besides, this is an internet poll and you got to question the methods, especially how many of the 88 players who voted have played in both the Box and the Dude and how many of those have played in the new Dude.

And how many LSU players voted, all 35 on their roster?

BiscuitEater
05-02-2020, 11:29 AM
I just don't see how they seem to always be at the top or around the top.

Simple. No matter looks or fan experience, they FILL IT UP. They 'usually' have a good team and BR and surrounding area is close to ~ 1 Million to draw from. Compare that to Golden Triangle area population.

Leading the nation in attendance sways folks.

smootness
05-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Also, we still finished 2nd in player polling. We're doing just fine.