PDA

View Full Version : Looks like A&M will be ready for football in Sept

Ezsoil
04-30-2020, 12:47 PM
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04/30/texas-am-tech-universities-reopen-fall-football/

Jack Lambert
04-30-2020, 01:09 PM
When you see schools like Harvard needing money, that just means all schools are hurting for money and they will be open and football will take place.

BiscuitEater
04-30-2020, 02:10 PM
When you see schools like Harvard needing money...

Harvard DOESN'T need ANY money. They just don't want to dip into the ~$40 BILLION bank account.

Jack Lambert
04-30-2020, 02:27 PM
Harvard DOESN'T need ANY money. They just don't want to dip into the ~$40 BILLION bank account.

they are losing money. Yes they probably have huge endowment but they are losing money just like all universities.

Joebob
04-30-2020, 03:04 PM
they are losing money. Yes they probably have huge endowment but they are losing money just like all universities.

They have the largest endowment of any university, which makes it all the more disgusting that they jumped to the front of the line to get their hands on the money that was intended for small businesses.

Jack Lambert
04-30-2020, 03:24 PM
They have the largest endowment of any university, which makes it all the more disgusting that they jumped to the front of the line to get their hands on the money that was intended for small businesses.

I agree

gtowndawg
04-30-2020, 03:57 PM
If A&M is playing then we are all playing (SEC). Let's go. I'll be there.

RocketDawg
04-30-2020, 04:12 PM

They're probably not losing all that much on football since they and other Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships (as I understand it).

RocketDawg
04-30-2020, 04:15 PM

It was said - truthfully or not - that Harvard didn't apply for the small business loans. Same for the Lakers.

Jacksondevildog
04-30-2020, 05:56 PM
We don't need any good news! We have men happy to flaunt their facebook pics of them wearing masks and staying at home! We can play college football in 2022!

BeardoMSU
04-30-2020, 06:12 PM
If A&M is playing then we are all playing (SEC). Let's go. I'll be there.

I don't think it's up to just them, but we'll see.

Ari Gold
04-30-2020, 08:08 PM
As should every other school... if the Ivy League doesn’t want to play the pin fine .. Who gives a ****

Jack Lambert
04-30-2020, 08:11 PM
They're probably not losing all that much on football since they and other Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships (as I understand it).

I was just making a point schools are losing money. That is all.

Homedawg
04-30-2020, 08:12 PM
It was said - truthfully or not - that Harvard didn't apply for the small business loans. Same for the Lakers.

I read the lakers did and chose to return it. And how in the world did they get it if they didn't sign up for it. I call bullshit.

KentuckyDawg13
05-01-2020, 08:25 AM
When politics takes over common sense. A&M has the largest stadium in the country, of any school that should be concerned about pandemics it SHOULD be them, but no...."WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL" without discussing with the SEC. Typical texans.

Ezsoil
05-01-2020, 09:07 AM
When politics takes over common sense. A&M has the largest stadium in the country, of any school that should be concerned about pandemics it SHOULD be them, but no...."WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL" without discussing with the SEC. Typical texans.

Obviously you missed Sankey's tweet yesterday that leagues don't have to be on the same timeline... which to me says the SEC will be ready to go...

Typical Texans who haven't had an issue with this virus ...of those that are tested only 8% are positive anyone who wants a test can one...my county of 700,000 which neighbors Brazos County where A&M is has had 38 hospitalizations and 10 deaths .....so I'd say common sense would be to prepare to get back to normal....

TaleofTwoDogs
05-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Noticed on Hailstate that the season open is still on schedule for Sept 5 and all events prior to that have been cancelled. So it looks like A&M may not be the only school starting back up in the Fall.