PDA

View Full Version : Saints pick of Tommy Stevens didn't shock one guy...

Rick Cleveland
04-28-2020, 01:54 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2020/04/28/is-tommy-stevens-saints-next-taysom-hill-joe-moorhead-believes-he-has-the-skills/

FISHDAWG
04-28-2020, 02:15 PM
7th round pick really shouldn't shock anyone ... that's not really taking a big chance in my book - kinda like me dropping a few hundred bucks on the Blackjack table to see how the cards are falling ... obviously this is just a metaphor but the same concept applies .... Tommy is worth a look if you have the money and going in the 7th is affordable for any NFL team

Jack Lambert
04-28-2020, 02:18 PM
7th round pick really shouldn't shock anyone ... that's not really taking a big chance in my book - kinda like me dropping a few hundred bucks on the Blackjack table to see how the cards are falling ... obviously this is just a metaphor but the same concept applies .... Tommy is worth a look if you have the money and going in the 7th is affordable for any NFL team

Didn't he run a 4.49 forty at the combine? His size and if that speed is correct, he will fit right in with NO. I did see him being drafted mention on the Penn St message board. He only started four or five games in four years of college ball and gets drafted. Let that sink in. Just think if he was in a good offensive system.

KentuckyDawg13
04-28-2020, 02:22 PM
Not combine-timed. Privately held.

Todd4State
04-28-2020, 03:33 PM
Did not realize that Moorhead was still living in Starkville.

Todd4State
04-28-2020, 03:34 PM
Didn't he run a 4.49 forty at the combine? His size and if that speed is correct, he will fit right in with NO. I did see him being drafted mention on the Penn St message board. He only started four or five games in four years of college ball and gets drafted. Let that sink in. Just think if he was in a good offensive system.

Just think if he was healthy.

Maroonthirteen
04-28-2020, 03:45 PM
I can buy..... NFL coaches seeing his size, arm strength and speed and giving him a chance at QB. But to suggest he is going to play another position on the field, that isn't protected from hits..... is baffling to me.

Cooterpoot
04-28-2020, 03:51 PM
Taysom Hill was injured his whole college career too. These type players are becoming more common every year.

Goldendawg
04-28-2020, 03:52 PM
Typical JoMo take on things, "tough guy who has overcome injuries". Wish him the best, but he seemed to stay hurt all the time.

Todd4State
04-28-2020, 04:02 PM
I can buy..... NFL coaches seeing his size, arm strength and speed and giving him a chance at QB. But to suggest he is going to play another position on the field, that isn't protected from hits..... is baffling to me.

I saw an interview with Joe Montana and he said something interesting about getting hit. He said as a quarterback it wasn't really the hits that injured him as much as it was players grinding you into the ground after you get hit. Basically his point was if they could somehow prevent players from grinding the QB in the ground it would be better.

Interesting take even though I'm not sure I 100% agree with it. But he has way more QB experience than I do.

Jack Lambert
04-28-2020, 04:16 PM
Taysom Hill was injured his whole college career too. These type players are becoming more common every year.

So was Patrick Willis at ole miss.

Maroonthirteen
04-28-2020, 05:25 PM
We shall see.

A shoe string tackle vs USM injured him this year.

Randolph Dupree
04-28-2020, 10:11 PM
Let's face it, Tommy Stevens will probably end up shattering every record Brees has. That would be the most MSU thing ever.

Cowbell
04-28-2020, 10:26 PM
And Shae Shae got nae nae lol

Maroonthirteen
04-29-2020, 06:53 AM
So was Patrick Willis at ole miss.

Patrick Willis played his last egg bowl with a broken hand and led his team in tackles.

Moorhead's boy sat out his only egg bowl.

Jack Lambert
04-29-2020, 09:10 AM
Patrick Willis played his last egg bowl with a broken hand and led his team in tackles.

Times have changed since then as well. Are coaches even allowed to let the kid play now with a broken hand without fear of backlash or even being fired?

KentuckyDawg13
04-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Fitz is a better athlete overall, if that is what the Saints are looking for...a utility player.

gtowndawg
04-29-2020, 01:04 PM

I hate Ole Miss as much as the next guy but Patrick Willis was one tough SOB and a heck of a football player.

Todd4State
04-30-2020, 02:15 AM
Fitz is a better athlete overall, if that is what the Saints are looking for...a utility player.

The problem is Fitz isn't accurate enough at QB to fill that role. He could play WR or TE though.

DeltaChicagoDog
04-30-2020, 05:31 AM
Fitz is one of my favorite all time MSU QB's, but Tommy may have presented himself as a more coachable player in terms of willingness to do whatever it takes to make a team's roster, as well as intangibles/leadership skills.

Goldendawg
04-30-2020, 09:48 AM
Article on CBS Sports.com, "Most Questionable Picks of All 32 Teams". You guessed it, Tommy Stevens. Just their opinion, hope he can stay well and makes it. Hail State! Hail Tommy.

Choctaw Dawg
04-30-2020, 10:49 AM
Article on CBS Sports.com, "Most Questionable Picks of All 32 Teams". You guessed it, Tommy Stevens. Just their opinion, hope he can stay well and makes it. Hail State! Hail Tommy.

That makes sense from CBS sports perspective, the Saints only had 4 draft picks this year and Tommy was just the lowest common denominator as a seventh round draft pick at QB.

Maroonthirteen
04-30-2020, 04:19 PM
This dude.... just seems to have a way of falling backwards to continue his career.

Saints made a spite trade to draft a fourth quarterback https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-made-spite-trade-draft-174236075.html