PDA

View Full Version : Leo Lewis

SteelCurtain74
04-25-2020, 08:49 PM
Leo signed a free agent deal with the Steelers. I'm biased but I think it's a good spot for him. Steelers also signed Coatney from Ole Miss and a punter named Corliss Waitman who is listed as playing for South Alabama/Mississippi State.

Goldendawg
04-25-2020, 08:57 PM
Congratulations Leo! Thank you for your time at state. Think the steelers free agent deal can pay him more than UM did?****

Bothrops
04-25-2020, 09:02 PM
I like Leo at the Steelers as well.

R2Dawg
04-25-2020, 09:07 PM
Congrats Leo, best of luck.

Any word on Williams, Autry, others?

SteelCurtain74
04-25-2020, 09:10 PM
Williams signed with the Cheifs, Champion signed with Seattle, Rivers signed with Baltimore, Guidry signed with Cowboys and Zuber signed with Patriots.

R2Dawg
04-25-2020, 09:18 PM
Can't believe Autry didn't get a deal based on mock drafts early in year.

defiantdog
04-25-2020, 09:47 PM
Can't believe Autry didn't get a deal based on mock drafts early in year.
He only played in 4 games

Lord McBuckethead
04-25-2020, 10:31 PM
Williams signed with the Cheifs, Champion signed with Seattle, Rivers signed with Baltimore, Guidry signed with Cowboys and Zuber signed with Patriots.

Zuber is going to do well at the patriots.

R2Dawg
04-26-2020, 08:29 AM
He only played in 4 games

And so did Gay so that is irrelevant. Autry was projected all year and one of our 3-4 NFL guys. He didn't even pick up a FA?

R2Dawg
04-26-2020, 08:32 AM
Zuber is going to do well at the patriots.

He probably will. Zuber leads a power 5 school in catches and we get him and turn him into a 2nd string WR. Go figure. Then that same WR gets NFL contract.

MaroonFlounder
04-26-2020, 07:15 PM
And so did Gay so that is irrelevant. Autry was projected all year and one of our 3-4 NFL guys. He didn't even pick up a FA?

Bears signed Autry to FA deal.

klong-dog
04-26-2020, 07:35 PM
He probably will. Zuber leads a power 5 school in catches and we get him and turn him into a 2nd string WR. Go figure. Then that same WR gets NFL contract. kinda the way we've been thru out our history with wide receivers really, right? It's why hiring Mike Leach is so fascinating. Something's gotta give.

TheLostDawg
04-26-2020, 08:04 PM
What's the Steelers lb unit look like? Hopefully he reaches his full potential when he gets away from all the distractions that he's had. I would love it if he can work his way as a starter in a few years.

SteelCurtain74
04-26-2020, 09:07 PM
What's the Steelers lb unit look like? Hopefully he reaches his full potential when he gets away from all the distractions that he's had. I would love it if he can work his way as a starter in a few years.

Steelers drafted Devin Bush out of Michigan last year. He's entrenched as a starter. Bud Dupree just signed a franchise tag. I think this will be his last year unless he just has a monster year. Vince Williams is a B player at best. Mark Barron is not coming back, thank God. Bunch of other no names. Could include TJ Watt but he is more of a rush end.

Steelers drafted a linebacker in the 3rd round this year. They also signed two other free agent linebackers, one from USC and one from Baylor. Leo needs to make special teams this year and try to get on the field in 2021.

FISHDAWG
04-27-2020, 07:02 AM

Cole signed with some team (can't remember who) in the 7th

klong-dog
04-27-2020, 09:19 AM
Cole signed with some team (can't remember who) in the 7th
Vikings

Homedawg
04-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Steelers drafted Devin Bush out of Michigan last year. He's entrenched as a starter. Bud Dupree just signed a franchise tag. I think this will be his last year unless he just has a monster year. Vince Williams is a B player at best. Mark Barron is not coming back, thank God. Bunch of other no names. Could include TJ Watt but he is more of a rush end.

Steelers drafted a linebacker in the 3rd round this year. They also signed two other free agent linebackers, one from USC and one from Baylor. Leo needs to make special teams this year and try to get on the field in 2021.

Leo is going to have a hard time making any NFL roster.

TheLostDawg
04-27-2020, 11:42 AM
Leo is going to have a hard time making any NFL roster.

Are you saying that because he's a free agent out of college at the LB position? Just curious because you said any NFL roster.

Homedawg
04-27-2020, 11:57 AM
Are you saying that because he's a free agent out of college at the LB position? Just curious because you said any NFL roster.

I'm saying that because he's not a good enough player to play in the NFL. He was an avg sec player, at best.

TALL DAWG
04-27-2020, 04:16 PM
I'm saying that because he's not a good enough player to play in the NFL. He was an avg sec player, at best.

Not hating on Leo but he doesn?t have enough speed for NFL.

Schultzy
04-28-2020, 10:04 PM
I personally have him rated as the best linebacker in the history of football.