PDA

View Full Version : Great article on Wes Shivers "The Protector"

Goldendawg
04-25-2020, 08:14 PM
I found this on nafoom of all places. Yeah, I go there occasionally to keep track of their illusions. This fascinating article covers Wes's life from high school to his current position as a US Marshall. It can be found on https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb...plocalnews. Of course, UM thread claims Deuce McAllister punched him out fair and square during the pregame brawl in Jackson. Fight can be found online. Heck, I was there and it looked like a cheap shot to me. Deuce was in full uniform and Wes was a high school recruit in his maroon letterman jacket. Great read article is from the clarion ledger by Tyler Horka a day ago, maybe one of you can get the correct link.

msbulldog
04-25-2020, 08:16 PM
I go over there too, Goldendawg, It's always good for a laugh.

Todd4State
04-25-2020, 08:38 PM
It was in Starkville. Amazing how Ole Miss NEVER starts it.

Here's the rundown of Egg Bowl's when I was at MSU.

1996- Brad Lott calling our players the n word.
1997- That fight that the thread is about
1998- Some fan or someone from Ole Miss ran up to Jackie after the game on the field and said something about his daughter and/or wife and Jackie's MHP were the only thing keeping him from kicking the guy's ass. Guy ran off scared when Jackie was about to lay his second beatdown that night.
1999- While we were storming the field after another questionable Ole Miss football coaching decision leading to the pick and kick one of their cheerleaders got into a fight with one of our player's brothers. I think it was Kevin Sluder but I could be mistaken.

Goldendawg
04-25-2020, 08:55 PM
You guys and my wife are correct that it was in Starkville. I hated driving from north Mississippi down to Jackson back in the day. Anyone remember the sec doubleheaders in Memorial Stadium? I always rooted for state and whoever played against ole miss.

msbulldog
04-26-2020, 08:46 AM
You guys and my wife are correct that it was in Starkville. I hated driving from north Mississippi down to Jackson back in the day. Anyone remember the sec doubleheaders in Memorial Stadium? I always rooted for state and whoever played against ole miss.

Lord yes saw my first MSU game in Jackson MSU/Fl.

parabrave
04-26-2020, 12:44 PM
There was a huge pre-game fight when the teams were coming onto the field before the last game in Jackson. There was an even larger fight in the stands behind me in that 3rd Qtr. I had a smoldering hatred of OM before that game. Afterward I just wanted to burn that place down.