PDA

View Full Version : SI article on Ole Miss football. Enjoy my fellow Elitedawgs.

Todd4State
04-25-2020, 07:01 PM
https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/football/ole-miss-football-has-an-nfl-problem-it-goes-both-ways

klong-dog
04-25-2020, 07:24 PM
Couldn't open, just spins.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Y'all....Not-A-Fan-Neal is saaaaaaaalty. Holy shit that guy is retarded.

Jack Lambert
04-25-2020, 07:28 PM
Was the Dog Pisser a Senior?

msbulldog
04-25-2020, 07:28 PM
The rebs on the UM 247 site are not happy, Colonel Reb is crying!

msbulldog
04-25-2020, 07:29 PM
No a freshman or sophomore.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2020, 07:31 PM
It's a funny read and all, but it's horrendously written. Holy hell, is this the future of sports journalism? The phrase "whose at fault" is peppered in throughout like it's a Steven King suspense short story, lol.

parabrave
04-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Was the Dog Pisser a Senior?

Soph I think

State82
04-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Now that is funny! Good find, Todd. That piece needs to be spread far and wide.

Turfdawg67
04-25-2020, 07:35 PM
That's from The Grove Report, an SI Community (ie blog). How come State doesn't have one?

Ari Gold
04-25-2020, 07:36 PM
That’s 4 possible recruiting classes with no one drafted
1. RS seniors
2. Seniors / RS Juniors
3. Juniors / RS Soph

That’s hard to do .. Congratulations

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2020, 07:55 PM
The problem is their culture and I don’t know how you change that.

It’s not the kids they recruit. They recruit the same kids MSU does. The problem is the type of kid that’s attracted to Ole Miss.

Kids that are attracted to that school have their priorities out of order.

Metcalf was a legacy and AJ Brown was an MSU kid that just went to OM for the offense. He’s a bulldog with Leach here.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2020, 08:08 PM
The Ole Miss fans are blaming it all on Luke, which is great because it means they’re still missing the real reason.

They’re incapable of building anything until they figure out culture.

Todd4State
04-25-2020, 08:11 PM
That’s 4 possible recruiting classes with no one drafted
1. RS seniors
2. Seniors / RS Juniors
3. Juniors / RS Soph

That’s hard to do .. Congratulations

#Flagship

The Ole Miss fans are blaming it all on Luke, which is great because it means they’re still missing the real reason.

They’re incapable of building anything until they figure out culture.

Or Leo Lewis like Neal McCready and Stephen Godfrey are doing.

Bdawg
04-25-2020, 08:42 PM
It's a funny read and all, but it's horrendously written. Holy hell, is this the future of sports journalism? The phrase "whose at fault" is peppered in throughout like it's a Steven King suspense short story, lol.

You got that right. Horribly written and pieced together blaming OM and the nfl, while steadily asking whose fault is it.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2020, 08:57 PM
Does unm still have a football program? Hahaha at the idiots up north!

Jack Lambert
04-25-2020, 11:08 PM
So they had no one drafted? Looks like Benito should have come out last year. I don't know if it would make any difference.

revdrdawg
04-26-2020, 06:39 AM
It was another attempt to say "All is well and will be better going forward." All the blame is on Luke and the NFL. Luke is gone and the NFL will wake up after reading this article. The SI label gives the article some undeserved credibility.

Jarius
04-26-2020, 07:03 AM
Y'all....Not-A-Fan-Neal is saaaaaaaalty. Holy shit that guy is retarded.

Huurrrrr durreee LeO LeWiS bad hurrrrr durrrrrr BaRnEY FaRrAr SAINT hurrrrr durrrr I nOt A fAN durrrrrrr

msbulldog
04-26-2020, 08:22 AM
So they had no one drafted? Looks like Benito should have come out last year. I don't know if it would make any difference.

Jack, it wouldn't have made any difference Benito had the slowest time of any lineman at the combine, he's too short for a NFL defensive lineman and he is top heavy overweight.

RiverCityDawg
04-26-2020, 08:30 AM
Jack, it wouldn't have made any difference Benito had the slowest time of any lineman at the combine, he's too short for a NFL defensive lineman and he is top heavy overweight.

I've never understood the Benito Jones hype. He's short fat, not particularly athletic and has a low motor. I guess some people still care about his recruiting ranking... which was way off.

Cooterpoot
04-26-2020, 08:41 AM
I've never understood the Benito Jones hype. He's short fat, not particularly athletic and has a low motor. I guess some people still care about his recruiting ranking... which was way off.

Benito Jones was a good college DL. But he was limited for the NFL because he's a tweeter.. He's got ability. He's a little like Willie Evans. But he got worse every year at OM.

ShotgunDawg
04-26-2020, 08:59 AM
Benito Jones was a good college DL. But he was limited for the NFL because he's a tweeter.. He's got ability. He's a little like Willie Evans. But he got worse every year at OM.
5 star though*

Commercecomet24
04-26-2020, 02:25 PM

This. While he was quick, he's overweight, to short and can't run a lick.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-26-2020, 02:47 PM

Should be a case study in unnecessary prepositional phrases. Plus I kept waiting for the author to mention Kimdeechee and Treadwell and how their transition to the NFL plays a part in the larger story.

Indndawg
04-27-2020, 07:19 AM
As usual, there's always the scapegoat, fall guy, and straw man. This time its Fat Boy. This perception began with Reverend and OM's buying of players and not really coaching them up. Treadwell, Nakamichi, et al...uncoachable turds that haven't improved since joining the NFL. Its not a preception problem. OM does not coach up their players

FISHDAWG
04-27-2020, 07:26 AM
if history has taught us anything - they will be back.

Todd4State
04-27-2020, 07:51 AM
if history has taught us anything - they will be back.

If history has taught us anything they will cheat their ass off to do it.

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2020, 07:55 AM
If history has taught us anything they will cheat their ass off to do it.

Correct and that’s not sustainable. At least until they gain the benefit of the doubt.

I’m still confused on how A&M got it

BulldogDX55
04-27-2020, 09:46 AM
I am confident that this article will launch several...coronavirus stimulus packages from the ole miss alumni association for a few lucky families that just so happen to have talented children.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-27-2020, 10:13 AM
AJ Brown was an MSU kid that just went to OM for the offense. He?s a bulldog with Leach here.

If Brown had Leach as a coach, Brown easily wins the Biletnikoff.

Todd4State
04-27-2020, 10:19 PM
If Brown had Leach as a coach, Brown easily wins the Biletnikoff.

AJ Brown with Minchew throwing him the ball is scary to think about.

gtowndawg
04-28-2020, 01:05 PM
A+ article. Would read again.

Lord McBuckethead
04-28-2020, 01:25 PM
Correct and that?s not sustainable. At least until they gain the benefit of the doubt.

I?m still confused on how A&M got it

I hope they cheat while on probation. That would be nice.

crackerjax
04-28-2020, 01:43 PM

That guy is or was a writer at the oxford eagle the last couple years. Def has not been the best or brightest writer out there.