PDA

View Full Version : For all you Hud lovers...

BogeyGolfer
11-03-2013, 10:17 PM
In order to make this board readable again, let me offer you a piece of information. We are not firing Dan Mullen this year! So, please stop posting hypothetical BS, it ain't happening. Dan Mullen WILL BE our coach next year. Let me say this one more time so Cadaver and company understand.... Hud will not be our coach next year and Dan Mullen will be!!! By the way, we will get the shit beat out if us by A& M and Bama but we will beat Ark and Ole Miss.... We are not a very good football team this year , I tried to tell you guys this back in August...

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 10:22 PM
In order to make this board readable again, let me offer you a piece of information. We are not firing Dan Mullen this year! So, please stop posting hypothetical BS, it ain't happening. Dan Mullen WILL BE our coach next year. Let me say this one more time so Cadaver and company understand.... Hud will not be our coach next year and Dan Mullen will be!!! By the way, we will get the shit beat out if us by A& M and Bama but we will beat Ark and Ole Miss.... We are not a very good football team this year , I tried to tell you guys this back in August...

First of all, you don't know that.

Second of all, most of my posts about Hud are in response to stupid threads like this where you Mullen lovers call out those of us that think Mullen is spiraling.

So the lesson here is....if you want less threads about Hud, don't start threads about Hud. Maybe you and OldfatShit can create about 5 more threads about Hudspeth and me, and that will accomplish your goals of having less posts about Hud and my responses to them***

I never understand logic like you and oldfartdogs. Start a thread about a topic to say stop starting threads about a topic. Brilliant. Why don't you go back and see just how many threads about Hud were started by me or any other guys that are thinking Mullen should go. You won't find many. Most of my comments are responses to people like you that prompt a response. Like MSU, you are your own worst enemy.

engie
11-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah -- you called for 5-7 and are now talking about how right you are -- while calling for 6-6? Your incongruences are pretty funny.

Thanks for starting ANOTHER thread on the topic with administrative propaganda though. It'll certainly die out that way...

BogeyGolfer
11-03-2013, 10:35 PM
I would lose all faith in our leadership. It would make zero sense based on his performance up to this point. If you have ever hired and fired you would understand my point. By they way, you can spin the 5-7 prediction I made in early August, but nobody realized how bad Ark would be, and we still haven't beat Ark yet, but you can't deny that I have been spot on so far with my assessment of this year's team. Mullen will be judged based on next years performance ... All of this Hud talk is similar to amateur sports radio bs... Meaningless!

BHildreth3
11-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Hud or not, if Dan loses out - gets beat by 2 or 3 touchdowns to all 3 teams, and the team looks like a quitter, then he's gone.

bluelightstar
11-03-2013, 10:39 PM
I'd lose confidence in our leadership if we missed a bowl and they kept Mullen. Why bother being a fan of a team that expects nothing from itself?

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 10:41 PM
I would lose all faith in our leadership. It would make zero sense based on his performance up to this point. If you have ever hired and fired you would understand my point. By they way, you can spin the 5-7 prediction I made in early August, but nobody realized how bad Ark would be, and we still haven't beat Ark yet, but you can't deny that I have been spot on so far with my assessment of this year's team. Mullen will be judged based on next years performance ... All of this Hud talk is amateur sports radio bs... Meaningless!

Your prediction was wrong. Period. That's like betting on a team and then when they lose going to the oddsmakers and saying they still owe you money because you didn't know the QB on team A would get hurt. It doesn't work that way.

And again, you are simply giving your opinion and trying to state it as fact. And I would love to work for you if you hire and fire....that way I could have one good year and then be guaranteed 3 more years regardless of how little I do. Good grief.

engie
11-03-2013, 10:54 PM
I'd lose confidence in our leadership if we missed a bowl and they kept Mullen. Why bother being a fan of a team that expects nothing from itself?

Exactly.

We're talking about 18 games of underperformance at that point.

dawgoneyall
11-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Won't beat the bears. Understand that.

Dawgface
11-03-2013, 11:01 PM
I never understand logic like you and oldfartdogs. Start a thread about a topic to say stop starting threads about a topic. Brilliant. Why don't you go back and see just how many threads about Hud were started by me or any other guys that are thinking Mullen should go. You won't find many. Most of my comments are responses to people like you that prompt a response. Like MSU, you are your own worst enemy.

Ain't that the damn truth. Crazy.

BogeyGolfer
11-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Ain't that the damn truth. Crazy.
How about this novel idea , maybe just maybe my advice is taken and post about Hud will stop. It's not really that difficult to understand.

engie
11-03-2013, 11:25 PM
How about this novel idea , maybe just maybe my advice is taken and post about Hud will stop. It's not really that difficult to understand.

Yeah -- that IS a novel idea.

Taking advice from the guy that brags about being right -- about being wrong. That sounds like a recipe for success.

How hard is it to understand that telling people what to say and do inspires them to do the opposite?

But hey -- let's complain about the Hudspeth threads -- while creating a new Hudspeth thread. That'll get it going in the right direction**

preachermatt83
11-03-2013, 11:30 PM

If Mullen loses out HE IS GONE!! If Mullen only beats Arky and get blown out by OM HE IS GONE!! End of story!

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 11:36 PM
This whole debate is pointless and getting old.

Here is the truth, "NO ONE, INCLUDING STRICK, KEENUM,ETC KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN YET BECAUSE THE SEASON ISN"T OVER"

Hear that? This debate is pointless. Let the season play out and then the discussion will have merit.

This merry-go-round of threads is just a waste of internet space. I'm all for complaining and praising about games, coaches, and players. I love breaking down games, and figuring out why we won or lost and how we can get better. But the Mullen/Hud debate is a horse that has been beat to shit worse than the type writer in "Office Space"

preachermatt83
11-03-2013, 11:41 PM
This whole debate is pointless and getting old.

Here is the truth, "NO ONE, INCLUDING STRICK, KEENUM,ETC KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN YET BECAUSE THE SEASON ISN"T OVER"

Hear that? This debate is pointless. Let the season play out and then the discussion will have merit.

This merry-go-round of threads is just a waste of internet space. I'm all for complaining and praising about games, coaches, and players. I love breaking down games, and figuring out why we won or lost and how we can get better. But the Mullen/Hud debate is a horse that has been beat to shit worse than the type writer in "Office Space"

Yet you make sure to comment on every single one of them.

C222
11-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Bogey is right, Dan isn't going anywhere unless he gets another job or quits.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Yet you make sure to comment on every single one of them.

Damn right I do because I care way to much. lol

But at this point we have covered it. Not sure what else anyone has to say.

engie
11-03-2013, 11:59 PM

Same was true for Croom in 08 as well. No way we could get rid of a coach 1 year removed from national coach of the year honors...with a terribly injured team that played most opponents very well...

The most delusional people in this whole debate are the ones that say there's "no way" something will or won't happen.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2013, 12:01 AM

See, I'm a Mullen supporter but disagree with this. Not sure why any decision maker would make a decision like that at this point. What if Dan gets arrested for DUI or something else?

The point is that no-one, including our admins, know what will happen these last 4 games. So it does't make sense to me for anyone to say that it's a done deal one way or the other.

Just accept that there is no guarantee till after the OM game.

bobcat91
11-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Do any of you have 8-10 million dollars? If so then we may have a new coach next year, if not then Dan is the Man. Dan will be head coach here next year so all this bs about Hud is simply delusional. We will have 2-3 new assistants, but most of the folks here have no clue. Dan would have to do something completely illegal or unethical to lose his job. Period. If we lay an egg next year then I could see a change happening, but it isn't happening this year no matter what anyone thinks. Oh, the money figure I mentioned. That is what Dan's buyout plus the new coach and his assistants salary would be, so again, it isn't happening.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Do any of you have 8-10 million dollars? If so then we may have a new coach next year, if not then Dan is the Man. Dan will be head coach here next year so all this bs about Hud is simply delusional. We will have 2-3 new assistants, but most of the folks here have no clue. Dan would have to do something completely illegal or unethical to lose his job. Period. If we lay an egg next year then I could see a change happening, but it isn't happening this year no matter what anyone thinks. Oh, the money figure I mentioned. That is what Dan's buyout plus the new coach and his assistants salary would be, so again, it isn't happening.

Again, I'm a Mullen supporter, but you can't say this. I seriously doubt money would be the concern if the right people felt it was the right thing to do.

Stop throwing out that you know what the decision is when a decision hasn't been made. Why is it so hard for people to just wait?

engie
11-04-2013, 12:22 AM

I can't even wrap my mind around everything you got wrong in this. While giving even more absolutes that are truly hilarious.

If you don't have a clue, don't pretend that you do, while calling out the rest of us. MONEY will have nothing to do with ANY coaching decision we decide to make. Buyout funding is already secured. That part is well-known "among people that have a clue" -- even among the people that still support Mullen.

And please provide us with your math that arrived at such a ridiculous buyout figure. I'd love to see it.

engie
11-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Again, I'm a Mullen supporter, but you can't say this. I seriously doubt money would be the concern if the right people felt it was the right thing to do.

Stop throwing out that you know what the decision is when a decision hasn't been made. Why is it so hard for people to just wait?

Exactly. I know we disagree sometimes -- but you are 100% spot on in this analysis. There's no way to take anyone seriously that is speaking in absolutes right now. They make themselves look silly by even trying.

We can discuss all we want about what we think should happen -- and how/what signs are pointing to that happening -- but anything beyond that is totally ridiculous.

bobcat91
11-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Exactly. I know we disagree sometimes -- but you are 100% spot on in this analysis. There's no way to take anyone seriously that is speaking in absolutes right now. They make themselves look silly by even trying.

We can discuss all we want about what we think should happen -- and how/what signs are pointing to that happening -- but anything beyond that is totally ridiculous.

Talk to me in January and we will see who is right. This isn't happening and all the fantasies you Hud lovers have isn't going to make it so. You are so afraid that Mullen is going to be back that you want to riot. It is so funny. Mullen has had one bad year, so fire him? It isn't going to happen. HAHAHAHA.

Todd4State
11-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Talk to me in January and we will see who is right. This isn't happening and all the fantasies you Hud lovers have isn't going to make it so. You are so afraid that Mullen is going to be back that you want to riot. It is so funny. Mullen has had one bad year, so fire him? It isn't going to happen. HAHAHAHA.

WTF?

Yeah- just like all of those Bobby Wallace lovers in 1996 were pissed when Jackie turned it around by beating Alabama and Ole Miss.**

Todd4State
11-04-2013, 12:53 AM

Name the 2-3 assistants that are going to be gone?

Les? Maybe but I doubt it and I doubt it matters anyway.
Hevesey? Nope.
Sallach? Nope.
Gonzalez? Nope.
Knox? Highly unlikely.
Turner? I doubt it.
Collins? No.
Hughes? Our best recruiter- No.
Townsend? Maybe he leaves on his own because he is a darn good coach with NFL ties but we're not going to fire him.

engie
11-04-2013, 01:07 AM

Put down the drink.

Ignorance only knows how to project more ignorance. Thanks for that ridiculously simple-minded diatribe.

bobcat91
11-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Name the 2-3 assistants that are going to be gone?

Les? Maybe but I doubt it and I doubt it matters anyway.
Hevesey? Nope.
Sallach? Nope.
Gonzalez? Nope.
Knox? Highly unlikely.
Turner? I doubt it.
Collins? No.
Hughes? Our best recruiter- No.
Townsend? Maybe he leaves on his own because he is a darn good coach with NFL ties but we're not going to fire him.

Yeah Todd, shoot the messenger. Mullen isn't going anywhere. Not this year at least. Stricklin is an idiot, but even he saw what happens when we fire a coach, Stansbury, and expect to make that next great hire. We got Jackie because he was a pariah and out of coaching. Croom, was and NFL assistant 20 years removed from college coaching. Mullen has average 8 wins a season, but yeah lets fire him as well. Do you remember who were the finalists for this job? Mullen and Wilson the OC from Oklahoma. We aren't firing an 8 win a season coach after this one year. I agree with you most of the time in baseball, but all the crying in the world isn't getting a coaching change this year. We got Cohen because he was an alumni and Butch because he is from Mississippi and out of work. We got Ray because Stricklin is doing the hiring. God help us on the next hire. As far as assistants-we always have a couple leave. Les, Hev and Salach could all be gone, some on their own accord and Townsend to the NFL is a possibility. Enjoy more Hud wet dreams.

engie
11-04-2013, 01:21 AM
lol

bobcat91
11-04-2013, 01:23 AM
lol

See you in January when Mullen is still our coach.

engie
11-04-2013, 01:32 AM
K. Feel free to link me to where I said "Dan Mullen will be fired this year and will not be our coach next year" if you can? THAT'S what I thought.

You are guessing at the future in absolutes -- a future that is FAR from currently certain. Yet you fail to realize the ridiculousness of your approach -- even AFTER I spelled it out for you before your first post in this very thread. The ignorance in that is almost overwhelming really.

A one sentence reply -- and you still totally FUBAR the details. Gotta love those January coaching searches**

bobcat91
11-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Here are some absolutes for you. Hud has never won the Sun Belt. Hud has no signature wins. He even got hammered by Arkansas this year who along with UK are the worst teams in the SEC, yet you think he will perform miracles. He did not bring in one game changing recruit while at MSU, yet you think he would be recruiting lights out. He got hammered by Freeze the one game they played: he lost 50-27. But he is the MSU miracle man. How's that for absolutes. And yes, coaching searches many times wait until bowl games are over in January.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Sallach was given an off the field position when Gonzalez was hired at WR and Brewster was going to coach TE's. Brewster bailed for FSU and we were left scrambling to fill the spot.

Dawgfan77
11-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Here are some absolutes for you. Hud has never won the Sun Belt. Hud has no signature wins. He even got hammered by Arkansas this year who along with UK are the worst teams in the SEC, yet you think he will perform miracles. He did not bring in one game changing recruit while at MSU, yet you think he would be recruiting lights out. He got hammered by Freeze the one game they played: he lost 50-27. But he is the MSU miracle man. How's that for absolutes. And yes, coaching searches many times wait until bowl games are over in January.
Your agrument is sooo weak! Lets start with your points
Hud has never won the sun belt.. He will this year
Hud has no signature wind... Beat Petrino and Ark State this year, and played FL to the wire last year. Where is Dan's signature win??
He lost to Ark, Not sure your point here but SEC>Sun belt talent
No game changers.. Had Hud stayed we would have kept CJ and Singleton
He got hammered by Freeze... So did Mullen and will again this year

Mullen cannt get it done and I dont know if Hud will but he resume and the fact he is averaging 9 wins at ULL along with his stint as HC at UNA leads me to believe he will be a much better coach than Dan Mullen

RougeDawg
11-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Please see the thread I started regarding the consensus amongst former player who are still very involved in the program. It most likely doesn't matter what Dan does the final 4 games, unless he wins 3 of them. They've basically written him off, and see where this train is headed. They would be the most likely to know, of any of the alumni out there. They've been closer to the program than any of us.

DawgsBite34
11-04-2013, 08:07 AM
I would lose all faith in our leadership. It would make zero sense based on his performance up to this point. If you have ever hired and fired you would understand my point. By they way, you can spin the 5-7 prediction I made in early August, but nobody realized how bad Ark would be, and we still haven't beat Ark yet, but you can't deny that I have been spot on so far with my assessment of this year's team. Mullen will be judged based on next years performance ... All of this Hud talk is similar to amateur sports radio bs... Meaningless!
it would make zero sense??????? WTF?????????

MarketingBully01
11-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Didn't we have Byrne as our AD then? Oh how I miss those days.

MarketingBully01
11-04-2013, 08:22 AM
8-10 million dollars is nothing to an alumni base of a major university. You are an idiot if you think this is an obstacle. Besides, they never pay out the full buy out price at once anyway. We have quite a few alumni that are worth $100 million+. Do you guys even realize this?

C222
11-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Same was true for Croom in 08 as well. No way we could get rid of a coach 1 year removed from national coach of the year honors...with a terribly injured team that played most opponents very well...

The most delusional people in this whole debate are the ones that say there's "no way" something will or won't happen.

I'm not saying I want to keep him. Just posting what I was told. I think it's time for a change, I just don't believe there will be one.

PMDawg
11-04-2013, 08:58 AM

I have, and I totally disagree with you. Actually, I'd wager that a majority of people on here have since we are mostly degreed professionals and business owners. So, that's one more thing you can add to the list of things you need to stop patting your own back about.

Bamboo
11-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Mullen will probably be let go, not for performance but for lack of fan support.

The only thing that worries me is missing out on a proven winner that seems to fit well with our program. Kinda like how Cohen fit well and had a personal interest in seeing State succeed along with the business interest.

HunterDawg
11-04-2013, 09:29 AM
See you in January when Mullen is still our coach.

Yep. And here is why. At worst, it will be 3 bowls in the last 4 years with the one bad year missing by maybe one win.

Next year we go back to a bowl. Even if we don't make it this year, that will mean 4 bowls in a 5 year period. He will not be fired next year, either.

If you had been told the day he was hired that Dan would take us to 4 bowls in the first 6 years, would you have been happy?

That is the way the national media will look at it and the way any future coaches here will look at it. If 4 out of 5 years are bowl years and we fire the coach, don't expect good things publicity wise and don't expect good young coaches to come running.

One down year in there where the coach misses a bowl by one game and he gets fired? We wouldn't be able to get a decent coach to interview.

Oh, and $5 or $6 million is a lot to pay in addition to what you have to pay the new guy.

Dan is safe, and he knows it.

engie
11-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Here are some absolutes for you.
Great -- more ignorance.

Hud has never won the Sun Belt.
He's been there 2 years. At what was rated as the #120 school in FBS when he arrived. Convenient to make this argument in year 3 when he's going to win it this year.

Hud has no signature wins.
He beat Petrino on the road. He beat Harsin on the road. In year 3, he took the Mississippi State of the Sun Belt, and beat EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN IT.

He even got hammered by Arkansas this year who along with UK are the worst teams in the SEC, yet you think he will perform miracles.
Yeah, the Sun Belt talent = SEC talent. That's why Freeze got blown out by Illinois at Arky St. Nevermind that Hud is recruiting better at ULL than Freeze ever did at Arkansas St.

He did not bring in one game changing recruit while at MSU, yet you think he would be recruiting lights out.
You've never heard of the names CJ Johnson, Snoop Brassell, Jermaine Whitehead, and Tobias Singleton huh? All 4 of the "mississippi homerun" = Hud recruits. 2 of which are at schools we can't normally touch.

He got hammered by Freeze the one game they played: he lost 50-27.
Uh, no he didn't. He lost 30-21 in year 1 on the road.

But he is the MSU miracle man. How's that for absolutes.
Just like every other post you've made on the topic -- absolutely nightmarishly terrible.

And yes, coaching searches many times wait until bowl games are over in January.
No they don't. EVER.

Butch Jones - Dec 7
Mark Stoops - Nov 27
Gus Malzahn - Dec 4
Brett Bielema - Dec 5
Hugh Freeze - Dec 5
Kevin Sumlin - Dec 10
James Franklin - Dec 17
Will Muschamp - Dec 12
Gene Chizik - Dec 14
Dan Mullen - Dec 20
Bobby Petrino - Dec 12

Need I go further?

tcdog70
11-04-2013, 11:41 AM

Empty Stadiums will cause Coach's asses to be fired