msstate7
04-25-2020, 05:25 PM
Congrats to tommy

parabrave
04-25-2020, 05:27 PM
4 more tries for Benito

msstate7
04-25-2020, 05:31 PM
How awesome is this moment for tommy? He probably had no idea he would be drafted. I can't believe the saints actually traded back in when tommy almost certainly would've been available as UDFA. Nevertheless, great honor for tommy after a tough year

TheLostDawg
04-25-2020, 05:36 PM
This is wonderful. He'll have a big fan base here if he ever gets some PT. Hopefully he stays healthy and can develop under great coaches. I know that seventh round doesn't guarantee anything but the saints is where Joe Brady was. Hopefully he becomes something special. I know the chances aren't great but I'll be pulling for him.

parabrave
04-25-2020, 05:38 PM
This is wonderful. He'll have a big fan base here if he ever gets some PT. Hopefully he stays healthy and can develop under great coaches. I know that seventh round doesn't guarantee anything but the saints is where Joe Brady was. Hopefully he becomes something special. I know the chances aren't great but I'll be pulling for him.

Practice Squad Material.

Skydawg1
04-25-2020, 05:39 PM
How awesome is this moment for tommy? He probably had no idea he would be drafted. I can't believe the saints actually traded back in when tommy almost certainly would've been available as UDFA. Nevertheless, great honor for tommy after a tough year

2020 zanyness carries on. Good for Tommy.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2020, 05:43 PM
Tommy has tools man. This doesn't surprise me.

I was ridiculed for saying he threw a better ball than Dak, but I really believe/believed it.

That in no way means he's half the QB Dak is but I do believe one tool on his game is better.

msstate7
04-25-2020, 05:47 PM

I was ridiculed for saying he threw a better ball than Dak, but I really believe/believed it.

That in no way means he's half the QB Dak is but I do believe one tool on his game is better.

Next year taysom is supposed to get his shot at QB1. Stevens being drafted to step into the gadget role or be given a shot at te imo

msstate7
04-25-2020, 05:50 PM
6?4 247

40-yard dash: 4.49.

Shuttle run: 4.19.

Three-cone drill: 7.09.

Vertical jump: 34.5. inches.

Broad jump: 9 feet, 8 inches.

Bench press: 19 reps

^^^
This is what got tommy a look from Sean Payton

DeltaChicagoDog
04-25-2020, 05:50 PM
Second QB MSU has had drafted since, what, 1968? Excellent news.

msstate7
04-25-2020, 05:54 PM
Poster on saints' board saying...

"The Saints had Tommy Stevens send a video of him running routes."

dawgday166
04-25-2020, 06:13 PM
I thought Sean Payton was smart ***

Todd4State
04-25-2020, 06:15 PM
Next year taysom is supposed to get his shot at QB1. Stevens being drafted to step into the gadget role or be given a shot at te imo

That and Bridgewater leaving makes me believe that Tayom will replace Brees.

mparkerfd20
04-25-2020, 06:34 PM
Please tell me the Saints didn't waste a pick on Tommy and instead signed him in free agency.

dawgday166
04-25-2020, 06:39 PM
Please tell me the Saints didn't waste a pick on Tommy and instead signed him in free agency.

The Saints didn't waste a draft pick on Tommy and are signing him as a UDFA.

msstate7
04-25-2020, 06:42 PM

Saints had no scheduled picks today, and they announced some signings immediately after draft. Makes me think tommy was gonna sign with someone else if given a choice

Todd4State
04-25-2020, 06:56 PM
Saints had no scheduled picks today, and they announced some signings immediately after draft. Makes me think tommy was gonna sign with someone else if given a choice

I'm not sure what his plans were but that could be the case. He is athletic there is no doubt about that and the NFL will draft you if you are athletic- the Cowboys even drafted Carl Lewis once and he never played football before.

msstate7
04-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Katherine Terrell @Kat_Terrell
Saints wanted to sign Stevens as a free agent, guess they got wind that someone else liked him

quote:
Katherine Terrell @Kat_Terrell
Actually sounds like he was leaning toward signing with someone else if he didn't get drafted so Saints wanted to make sure they got him

HoopsDawg
04-25-2020, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure what his plans were but that could be the case. He is athletic there is no doubt about that and the NFL will draft you if you are athletic- the Cowboys even drafted Carl Lewis once and he never played football before.

Let's not forget, Tommy spent his whole career in Moorhead's offense. He may be the next Joe Burrow and we just don't know it.

Jack Lambert
04-25-2020, 07:24 PM

I think he would have be way better under leach then Moorhead.

TUSK
04-26-2020, 02:14 PM
The Saints didn't waste a draft pick on Tommy and are signing him as a UDFA.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dawgday166 again.