PDA

View Full Version : Going on 4th week deployment update in New Orleans....

99jc
04-25-2020, 01:46 PM
Fellow Dogs, don't know where this virus thing is headed I am sick of it. No pun intended! New cases down today leaves a glimmer of hope. This dang crap just takes so long to get over it just lingers on and on. We are being told there is no evidence yet that the antibodies left in victims leaves them immune...wonderful! I know the economy has to get back going... people here are getting ready to revolt. Our way of life has changed for a while. I say open up stores and make everyone wear m95 masks and gloves or they don't go in...the govt has to supply these to the American public. If we play sports this fall it will be a miracle. I am tired and rambling hope all and families stay safe. Hail State!

BrunswickDawg
04-25-2020, 01:55 PM
Thank you for your service. Stay safe!

starkvegasdawg
04-25-2020, 03:30 PM
Fellow Dogs, don't know where this virus thing is headed I am sick of it. No pun intended! New cases down today leaves a glimmer of hope. This dang crap just takes so long to get over it just lingers on and on. We are being told there is no evidence yet that the antibodies left in victims leaves them immune...wonderful! I know the economy has to get back going... people here are getting ready to revolt. Our way of life has changed for a while. I say open up stores and make everyone wear m95 masks and gloves or they don't go in...the govt has to supply these to the American public. If we play sports this fall it will be a miracle. I am tired and rambling hope all and families stay safe. Hail State!

I've got one of those N95 masks that I'm wearing all the time. But it's just the one and I can't get any more. Or at least I haven't been able to find any. Hell, right now I can't find a simple bottle of hand sanitizer.

Stay safe down there and thanks for what you're doing.

R2Dawg
04-25-2020, 04:07 PM
Thanks for your service, stay safe.

Dawgology
04-25-2020, 04:28 PM
I've got one of those N95 masks that I'm wearing all the time. But it's just the one and I can't get any more. Or at least I haven't been able to find any. Hell, right now I can't find a simple bottle of hand sanitizer.

Stay safe down there and thanks for what you're doing.

those N95 masks can last a pretty good while. Also, look for P95 masks if you can find them.

Dawgology
04-25-2020, 04:39 PM

This is a "maybe" answer. This kind of info is what worries me about the way certain medical outlets are reporting info. It would be VERY strange for a virus to leave antibodies and an individual NOT be immune...at least for a time. Sars-Cov-1 was shown to leave antibosies that created immunity so it would be highly irregular for Cov-2 to diverge significantly. Early studies have shown immunoresistance from antibodies and serum derived from recovered Cov-2 patients has been used successfully to treat those with advanced illness realted to Cov-2 (in a handful of patients that meet criteria). But....there is no 99.9999%, definitive proof that the antibodies create immunity because the studies are largely still in process, haven't been published, and haven't been peer-reviewed which means from a scientific standpoint no doctor (or scientist) can ethically report antibody-based immunity. In fact, those studies and corresponding peer-review and independant replication probably won't be completed for years.

Homedawg
04-25-2020, 05:17 PM

I'm not saying you are wrong about sport this fall, but if we don't his year then how are we ever going to play?? This isn't just going away. And a vaccine, while helpful, might not get rid of it. And if we don't play this fall, college athletics as we know it, is forever gone.

msbulldog
04-25-2020, 08:14 PM
Stay safe 99, and thank you for what you do. I would miss your acidic posts if something happened to you, my friend. I pay attention to the Louisiana statistics since I am in north LA, and it looks like our new cases in the state are falling dramatically. Again, stay safe my Bulldog Brother!

hacker
04-25-2020, 08:45 PM
This is a "maybe" answer. This kind of info is what worries me about the way certain medical outlets are reporting info. It would be VERY strange for a virus to leave antibodies and an individual NOT be immune...at least for a time. Sars-Cov-1 was shown to leave antibosies that created immunity so it would be highly irregular for Cov-2 to diverge significantly. Early studies have shown immunoresistance from antibodies and serum derived from recovered Cov-2 patients has been used successfully to treat those with advanced illness realted to Cov-2 (in a handful of patients that meet criteria). But....there is no 99.9999%, definitive proof that the antibodies create immunity because the studies are largely still in process, haven't been published, and haven't been peer-reviewed which means from a scientific standpoint no doctor (or scientist) can ethically report antibody-based immunity. In fact, those studies and corresponding peer-review and independant replication probably won't be completed for years.

On the other hand, there are quite a lot of people getting reinfected.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/17/836747242/in-south-korea-a-growing-number-of-covid-19-patients-test-positive-after-recover

Dawgology
04-25-2020, 09:09 PM
On the other hand, there are quite a lot of people getting reinfected.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/17/836747242/in-south-korea-a-growing-number-of-covid-19-patients-test-positive-after-recover

I would look long and hard at their testing procedure as well as the tests that they used, their error rate, and whether it's not so much a reinfection as much as it is a reactiviation of a virus not completely gone from the system. ALl being told 2% is a low percentage if there is no immunity.