PDA

View Full Version : Proud Day for This Daddy

Really Clark?
04-24-2020, 10:46 PM
I haven?t posted in a while but still read the board every few days. Been a lot of things happening the last few years that have limited me from posting nearly as much as I use to, but in spurts. A big part of this is because of my daughters and their journeys into adulthood and trying to help them reach goals they have set from themselves. My oldest daughter will be transferring from JUCO this fall (whether it?s face to face classes or not) to the best university in this state and one of the best in the country for her major, Mississippi State University!! So proud of her hard work to continue pursuing her major that has never wavered and she had to really overcome some difficult classes that don?t come easy for her because she believes and has stayed the course to pursue that career. So proud of her determination!!

My youngest daughter is a junior in high school and has worked extremely hard as well to realize her dream to play softball after high school and committed today to play JUCO ball in the state. She has become my biggest sports hero because of her desire, work ethic, and attitude. She is a poster child of a player who just didn?t quit, grinding to find her place and kept working extremely hard to reach this goal. For those parents who have young child who loves a sport, the best advice I can give, and this is not just a cliche, but it is a marathon NOT a sprint. Make sure they love the game and most of all willing to do the grind to reach a goal of playing after HS. I can?t count how many players and all the different ages she has gone through where they were the sure fire thing and for whatever reason, they don?t have the opportunity to play after HS or have completely quit a sport. Also, surround your player with others with that same desire, work ethic, and are positive competitors with each other. Whether they reach the goal of playing after HS or not, hard work wins in life everyday and twice in Sunday?s.

Thanks for letting me post this as a proud daddy who is humbled to have 2 such great daughters...much better than I deserve.

Todd4State
04-24-2020, 10:50 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations to you and your daughters.

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2020, 11:07 PM
Very few days are as good as the day your kid joins the Bulldog family! Congrats to both your girls on their accomplishments.

confucius say
04-24-2020, 11:15 PM
Awesome news! Congrats. Love to hear positive and good news!

Goldendawg
04-24-2020, 11:39 PM
Great news. My son is in his 2nd semester of his Freshman year at NEMCC and is of course now having to finish all his classes on line at home with us. Tough times for our kids in this shutdown also. May God Bless you and yours always. Hail State!

Commercecomet24
04-24-2020, 11:41 PM
That's awesome! Congrats to y'all and good luck to them!

Randolph Dupree
04-25-2020, 07:26 AM
Great news! It sounds like you've instilled work ethic in both...that alone will allow them to continue to be successful.

msstatelp1
04-25-2020, 08:02 AM
I haven?t posted in a while but still read the board every few days. Been a lot of things happening the last few years that have limited me from posting nearly as much as I use to, but in spurts. A big part of this is because of my daughters and their journeys into adulthood and trying to help them reach goals they have set from themselves. My oldest daughter will be transferring from JUCO this fall (whether it?s face to face classes or not) to the best university in this state and one of the best in the country for her major, Mississippi State University!! So proud of her hard work to continue pursuing her major that has never wavered and she had to really overcome some difficult classes that don?t come easy for her because she believes and has stayed the course to pursue that career. So proud of her determination!!

My youngest daughter is a junior in high school and has worked extremely hard as well to realize her dream to play softball after high school and committed today to play JUCO ball in the state. She has become my biggest sports hero because of her desire, work ethic, and attitude. She is a poster child of a player who just didn?t quit, grinding to find her place and kept working extremely hard to reach this goal. For those parents who have young child who loves a sport, the best advice I can give, and this is not just a cliche, but it is a marathon NOT a sprint. Make sure they love the game and most of all willing to do the grind to reach a goal of playing after HS. I can?t count how many players and all the different ages she has gone through where they were the sure fire thing and for whatever reason, they don?t have the opportunity to play after HS or have completely quit a sport. Also, surround your player with others with that same desire, work ethic, and are positive competitors with each other. Whether they reach the goal of playing after HS or not, hard work wins in life everyday and twice in Sunday?s.

Thanks for letting me post this as a proud daddy who is humbled to have 2 such great daughters...much better than I deserve.

Congrats!

msbulldog
04-25-2020, 08:19 AM

Congratulations Clark, I know you're a proud Father! P.S. You're a great poster too! +1

Maroonthirteen
04-25-2020, 08:20 AM
Congratulations!

R2Dawg
04-25-2020, 08:44 AM
Congrats, I know how proud you are. Best of luck to her.

Got one daughter at MSU right now as well. She made a third family generation Bulldog. Hoping to keep it going.

Martianlander
04-25-2020, 10:32 AM
Congratulations. Success to both and their work ethic says a lot about you.