PDA

View Full Version : McGrew

TheLostDawg
04-22-2020, 01:44 PM
Notre Dame head women baseball coach steps down. Wonder if they'll go after Johnnie. It'll be interesting to see which direction they take and who has more success.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-22-2020, 01:53 PM
Vic to Notre Dame! Praise The Lord and Go Irish.**

Homedawg
04-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Notre Dame head women baseball coach steps down. Wonder if they'll go after Johnnie. It'll be interesting to see which direction they take and who has more success.

Johhnie who? Harris? No.

TNDawg35
04-22-2020, 01:59 PM
May be a good thing we got McCray-Penson when we did...

Ifyouonlyknew
04-22-2020, 02:09 PM
Niele Ivey has already been hired to replace her.

RocketDawg
04-22-2020, 04:42 PM
Vic to Notre Dame! Praise The Lord and Go Irish.**

That would be funny ....

jdelta02
04-22-2020, 04:43 PM
Career assistant got the job,(high profile job) not nearly as much experience as Coach Johnnie Harris.

Also, feel good that Coach Harris would have/would do an outstanding job..likewise given an opportunity. John Cohen went with McCray-Penson over Harris, and no doubt a huge pickup for the women's basketball program. Still, coudn't have gone wrong with giving Coach Harris an opportunity, regardless head coaching experience. My opinion, she is no where near an ordinary assistant, is well qualified (especially being a huge key to what Coach Schaefer and Coach Blair had built over the years) , and had/has well earned it....program would easily have been in very good hands with her.

That said....
Coach Nikki McCray-Penson is an exceptional choice in he own right. Very capable of doing great things with the program (already is beginning to, and as she continues moving forward). Fanbase continue to support and rally behind/with her....program in very good hands.

TheLostDawg
04-22-2020, 05:10 PM
May be a good thing we got McCray-Penson when we did...

100% agree if we can keep her

TheLostDawg
04-22-2020, 05:14 PM
I hope Harris finds a job soon that way if CMP does leave then Harris has some experience being a HC if we still want her and she'd still want to come.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-22-2020, 05:43 PM
I hope Harris finds a job soon that way if CMP does leave then Harris has some experience being a HC if we still want her and she'd still want to come.

She's going to Texas with Vic.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-22-2020, 05:55 PM
Career assistant got the job,(high profile job) not nearly as much experience as Coach Johnnie Harris.

Also, feel good that Coach Harris would have/would do an outstanding job..likewise given an opportunity. John Cohen went with McCray-Penson over Harris, and no doubt a huge pickup for the women's basketball program. Still, coudn't have gone wrong with giving Coach Harris an opportunity, regardless head coaching experience. My opinion, she is no where near an ordinary assistant, is well qualified (especially being a huge key to what Coach Schaefer and Coach Blair had built over the years) , and had/has well earned it....program would easily have been in very good hands with her.

That said....
Coach Nikki McCray-Penson is an exceptional choice in he own right. Very capable of doing great things with the program (already is beginning to, and as she continues moving forward). Fanbase continue to support and rally behind/with her....program in very good hands.

I wouldn't say Ivey isn't nearly as experienced as Johnnie. Ivey spent 13 years coaching at ND with McGraw & spent this season as an asst coach for the Memphis Grizzlies. She's also a former ND player who played for McGraw. She's coming home so the circumstances aren't quite apples to apples.

TheLostDawg
04-22-2020, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't say Ivey isn't nearly as experienced as Johnnie. Ivey spent 13 years coaching at ND with McGraw & spent this season as an asst coach for the Memphis Grizzlies. She's also a former ND player who played for McGraw. She's coming home so the circumstances aren't quite apples to apples.

I just saw where she spent this year (or what was) with the grizzlies. Hopefully Ivey needs a learning curve so we can jump ahead of them

maroonmania
04-22-2020, 08:34 PM

Yep, if NMP has a lot of success I feel very strongly TN will eventually come get her (just like Vic got called back back to TX). If JH had gotten our job and had a lot of success I believe she would most likely have been here for the duration. She doesn't have strong ties to another big time P5 program like NMP does.

Homedawg
04-22-2020, 08:40 PM

That said....

He'd been around her and she wasn't getting it. She deserved it less than Gary henderson did. And he led us to Omaha.

Homedawg
04-22-2020, 08:43 PM

If she's so good she leaves us our women's program will have been good for more years. More attractive to the next person. ... I'd rather have that than have to fire her Bc she wasn't good. Replicating Vic will be impossible anyway. Almost feel sorry for her

bulldawg28
04-23-2020, 12:09 AM
If she's so good she leaves us our women's program will have been good for more years. More attractive to the next person. ... I'd rather have that than have to fire her Bc she wasn't good. Replicating Vic will be impossible anyway. Almost feel sorry for her

I wouldn't say feel sorry for due she's ready for the role. If wouldn't shock me if she won the national championship. Just one surpasses everything Vic would have done.