PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Kiffin Isn't A Big Plumlee Fan....

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2020, 11:47 AM
At least not as much as Bo Bounds...

Hambone
04-21-2020, 11:53 AM
Or, hear me out, he has the opportunity to have a 5 star QB on his football team???

By your logic, Leach doesn’t care for any of our QB’s

MetEdDawg
04-21-2020, 12:29 PM
We just landed KJ Costello in a Leach-run offense and just got a verbal commit from the highest rated QB we've ever had.

Kiffin is starring down the barrel of Plumlee being his QB for the next few years. If I were him I would be extremely concerned about that situation and looking to fix it any way I could.

Todd4State
04-21-2020, 12:34 PM
Plumlee doesn't fit Kiffin's offense. I've also heard he doesn't like guys that play two sports.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-21-2020, 12:38 PM
We just landed KJ Costello in a Leach-run offense and just got a verbal commit from the highest rated QB we've ever had.

Kiffin is starring down the barrel of Plumlee being his QB for the next few years. If I were him I would be extremely concerned about that situation and looking to fix it any way I could.

I think corral is the QB.

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2020, 01:25 PM
But Bo Bounds said that Plumlee was a star in the making...

msstate7
04-21-2020, 01:27 PM

He still could be. I'd be showing him Freddie Milons tape, and trying to get him to buy in to that role

MetEdDawg
04-21-2020, 01:43 PM

Corral is clearly the better talent. But dude is a nut job. If Kiffin wants to win over the next few years, he will figure out that the QB to help do that currently isn't on their roster.

Not sure who it is but I don't think Corral or Plumlee win them any games they shouldn't.

Commercecomet24
04-21-2020, 01:55 PM
If Plumlee would understand that he can become a Julian Edelman type player he could make some money in the NFL. He needs to go ahead and look at becoming a slot receiver/jet sweep/wildcat type player and forget about being a full time QB.

thf24
04-21-2020, 02:14 PM
OM guys have seemed pretty confident from the day Kiffin stepped on campus that Corral will be his starter at QB and Plumlee will be a scatback/slot or move to DB. Not sure if there's been any word how Plumlee feels about that.

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2020, 02:26 PM
OM guys have seemed pretty confident from the day Kiffin stepped on campus that Corral will be his starter at QB and Plumlee will be a scatback/slot or move to DB. Not sure if there's been any word how Plumlee feels about that.

If I'm Mullen, I'm keeping an eye on this.

Plumlee in Mullen's offense would be scary. IN MULLEN'S offense, Plumlee is way better than anything Florida has

Cooterpoot
04-21-2020, 03:09 PM
If Plumlee would understand that he can become a Julian Edelman type player he could make some money in the NFL. He needs to go ahead and look at becoming a slot receiver/jet sweep/wildcat type player and forget about being a full time QB.

He's looking around. I don't think he's at OM in another year if he's not QB1. Lots of schools will take a shot at him too.

Cooterpoot
04-21-2020, 03:09 PM
If I'm Mullen, I'm keeping an eye on this.

Plumlee in Mullen's offense would be scary. IN MULLEN'S offense, Plumlee is way better than anything Florida has

Mullen didn't even want him here.

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2020, 03:11 PM
Mullen didn't even want him here.

I find that really odd. He clearly looks better than anything Florida has

Commercecomet24
04-21-2020, 03:17 PM

Mullen likes the big QBs. I don't know that Plumlee could stand running that QB power all season.

Commercecomet24
04-21-2020, 03:18 PM
He's looking around. I don't think he's at OM in another year if he's not QB1. Lots of schools will take a shot at him too.

I agree he want's to be QB but he needs to think long term. He's not gonna be a QB in the nfl, of course he may not even want to play in the nfl, so then it would make more sense to want to play QB in college, if that's as far as you plan on going.

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2020, 03:20 PM
Mullen likes the big QBs. I don't know that Plumlee could stand running that QB power all season.

Mullen is going to need more game breakers to beat Georgia.

Mullen is so conservative in the way he awards playing time. Many times he's right, but also many times he's so conservative that he dampers down the ceiling of the team.

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2020, 03:21 PM

Well... I mean, if he wants to catch 50 balls or more in a season.....

RiverCityDawg
04-21-2020, 03:24 PM

I agree with you, but a some guys seem to be QB or bust (see: Tebow, Tim). Maybe baseball is his long term plan and he just wants to play QB for fun as long as he can? If I'm his father I'm advising him to play WR, CB or focus on baseball. To use the Edelman comparison, he can switch when he gets to the NFL, but that's a much tough road.

With all that said, I think he has the makeup to play QB and can be a really good college QB, just not an NFL QB. I'm much more afraid of ole miss with Plumlee than I am Crazy Corral.

Commercecomet24
04-21-2020, 03:27 PM
Mullen is going to need more game breakers to beat Georgia.

Mullen is so conservative in the way he awards playing time. Many times he's right, but also many times he's so conservative that he dampers down the ceiling of the team.

Especially conservative in big games. Dan has proven he can win the games hes supposed to win which makes him a good coach, but he has yet to prove he can win the big ones and until he does that he will remain a good but not elite coach.

Commercecomet24
04-21-2020, 03:29 PM
I agree with you, but a some guys seem to be QB or bust (see: Tebow, Tim). Maybe baseball is his long term plan and he just wants to play QB for fun as long as he can? If I'm his father I'm advising him to play WR, CB or focus on baseball. To use the Edelman comparison, he can switch when he gets to the NFL, but that's a much tough road.

With all that said, I think he has the makeup to play QB and can be a really good college QB, just not an NFL QB. I'm much more afraid of ole miss with Plumlee than I am Crazy Corral.

I agree if he want's to play football long term he needs to get away from being a qb, but if his only intention is to play college football then by all means chase that dream of being a qb because someone will give him a shot. And I agree on the Plumlee/Corral part. Plumlee much more dangerous than Corral.

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2020, 03:44 PM

He can't hit well enough to just focus on baseball. He's got a 98% better chance of being an NFL player than he does an MLB player

Commercecomet24
04-21-2020, 03:46 PM
He can't hit well enough to just focus on baseball. He's got a 98% better chance of being an NFL player than he does an MLB player

This. He won't ever get out of the low minors if he goes baseball.

Todd4State
04-21-2020, 05:10 PM
I think Plumlee fits Rich Rodriguez's offense better than Dan's for the reasons already stated.

Maybe he goes wherever Rich Rodriguez lands next if that's D-1 and if not maybe he goes somewhere like Tulane or comes home to USM who I think would adapt their offense for him.

I can't see him switching positions when the main reason he went to Ole Miss in the first place was to play QB.

RiverCityDawg
04-21-2020, 05:26 PM

"98% better chance" is oddly specific, and I'll yield to your baseball scouting because I haven't see him play, just didn't want to eliminate that as part of his thought process.

MaroonFlounder
04-21-2020, 06:19 PM
"98% better chance" is oddly specific.

That's what I was thinking.

Shotgun's grasp of statistical probability is like the Chinese informing the world of covid cases/deaths after around March 15.

dawgday166
04-21-2020, 06:28 PM
I don't think Plumlee fits Dan. As stated by someone else, Dan likes bigger QBs. Plumlee could be Wes Welker type ... also stated above.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Mullen always liked big QB's that could pound the ball up the middle in the run game. Tebow, Relf, Dak, Fitz, Cam Newton, etc. They could stick their nose up the middle and push the pile for a 6 yard gain. Plumlee is in the Manziel mode. Fast, quick, elusive. It's like the difference in having Derrick Henry or Fournette at tailback, versus Kamara or McCaffrey.

Jarius
04-22-2020, 06:12 AM

Plumlee will play but it won’t be qb IMO.

Ari Gold
04-22-2020, 08:03 AM

I also agree.

Ari Gold
04-22-2020, 08:04 AM

He also thought Hinson was an all sec talent in hoops as well
And said Sumlin was the next ?big thing ? in the college football ranks..

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2020, 08:34 AM
"98% better chance" is oddly specific, and I'll yield to your baseball scouting because I haven't see him play, just didn't want to eliminate that as part of his thought process.

Just painting a picture.

Cooterpoot
04-22-2020, 08:37 AM

He's smallish and not a very good passer.

Cooterpoot
04-22-2020, 08:40 AM
Well... I mean, if he wants to catch 50 balls or more in a season.....

He's not moving to WR. He's already proven to be a decent P5 QB. He's still got a RS year too.

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2020, 08:45 AM
He's smallish and not a very good passer.

But he's better than Trask. Way more explosive and dynamic.

RiverCityDawg
04-22-2020, 09:34 AM

You said he's better than Trask in response to Cooter saying Plumlee is not a good passer. Surely you are not saying Plumlee is a better passer than Trask because that's ridiculous. They're not even in the same league.

Trask is better as a passer than Plumlee as much as Plumlee is better as a runner than Trask. It just comes down to which skill set you prefer. I like a dual threat QB that is a weapon as a runner, but passing ability is the highest priority for a QB unless you're running the triple option. No way I'm taking Plumlee over Trask to play QB.

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2020, 09:37 AM
You said he's better than Trask in response to Cooter saying Plumlee is not a good passer. Surely you are not saying Plumlee is a better passer than Trask because that's ridiculous. They're not even in the same league.

Trask is better as a passer than Plumlee as much as Plumlee is better as a runner than Trask. It just comes down to which skill set you prefer. I like a dual threat QB that is a weapon as a runner, but passing ability is the highest priority for a QB unless you're running the triple option. No way I'm taking Plumlee over Trask to play QB.

I think you're over valuing Trask's passing ability

thf24
04-22-2020, 09:37 AM

You could also say Dylan Favre was way more explosive and dynamic than Chris Relf. Granted this isn't a great example since Trask obviously isn't the runner Relf was in any form, but I think there's a clear, longstanding pattern that shows Mullen is uncomfortable playing undersized QB's, regardless of their top end playmaking ability in his offense.

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2020, 09:43 AM
You could also say Dylan Favre was way more explosive and dynamic than Chris Relf. Granted this isn't a great example since Trask obviously isn't the runner Relf was in any form, but I think there's a clear, longstanding pattern that shows Mullen is uncomfortable playing undersized QB's, regardless of their top end playmaking ability in his offense.

You may have hit the nail on the head that Mullen requires a certain size at QB

RiverCityDawg
04-22-2020, 09:51 AM
I think you're over valuing Trask's passing ability

67% completion percentage, 2941 yards, 25 TDS to 7 Ints and a 156 passer rating last year. It's hard to compare stats with Plumlee who was a part time player (in large part because of his limitations as a passer) but he had a 53% completion percentage even with the threat of him being a runner, only 4 TDS to 3 Ints, and a 108 rating.

I'm not saying Trask is the greatest passer in the league, just that he's a MUCH better passer than Plumlee. I don't see how that's debatable.

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2020, 09:55 AM
67% completion percentage, 2941 yards, 25 TDS to 7 Ints and a 156 passer rating last year. It's hard to compare stats with Plumlee who was a part time player (in large part because of his limitations as a passer) but he had a 53% completion percentage even with the threat of him being a runner, only 4 TDS to 3 Ints, and a 108 rating.

I'm not saying Trask is the greatest passer in the league, just that he's a MUCH better passer than Plumlee. I don't see how that's debatable.

He's also a good bit older than Plumlee. I'm not a huge Trask fan.

I think he's "adequate" and really does nothing to give Florida an advantage against UGA

R2Dawg
04-22-2020, 12:39 PM

Shotgun, don't let your opinion get in the way of the facts. Trask is maybe above average, Plumlee below average. Trask is better.

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2020, 01:01 PM
Shotgun, don't let your opinion get in the way of the facts. Trask is maybe above average, Plumlee below average. Trask is better.

One is 2 years older than other & plays with far more talent around them.

I'm looking at the talent of the two players, not stats.

Sorry, stats are only a peice of the puzzle. Sorry if you think stats are the end all be all of evaluation. That's pretty ignorant

Turfdawg67
04-22-2020, 01:53 PM
That's right! Stats are one thing but Shotgun's eye for talent is on a whole other level!

IMO, Trask saved Mullen's season because he is clearly better than Franks. But Mullen being Mullen started Franks over him.

TNDawg35
04-22-2020, 02:03 PM
Trask is the better QB

Plumlee is the better athlete, but not a QB. Ole Miss took him as a QB just to get him. Plain and simple. He is very very fast, that?s the only thing that saves him.

He is a hell of a pinch runner in baseball also, but not a D1 baseball player.

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2020, 02:59 PM
That's right! Stats are one thing but Shotgun's eye for talent is on a whole other level!

IMO, Trask saved Mullen's season because he is clearly better than Franks. But Mullen being Mullen started Franks over him.

Trask is better than Franks, but I've never been a Franks fan either.

Mullen is a damn good QB coach. I think it's reasonable to believe that Plumlee would be better at most things with Mullen as his coach

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2020, 03:00 PM
Trask is the better QB

Plumlee is the better athlete, but not a QB. Ole Miss took him as a QB just to get him. Plain and simple. He is very very fast, that?s the only thing that saves him.

He is a hell of a pinch runner in baseball also, but not a D1 baseball player.

Trask has more NFL potential than Plumlee as a QB, however, Plumlee is way more explosive. I think it's reasonable to believe that if Florida took Plumlee & adjusted their offense ot fit his skill set, Florida would be a better team & have a greater chance of beating UGA

Todd4State
04-22-2020, 03:05 PM

Probably scarred from Tyson Lee vs LSU. Like the rest of us.

FISHDAWG
04-23-2020, 07:19 AM

maybe he never got over the disappointment against LSU in his first year here ... 4th & goal from the 1 yard line and a 5'-10" QB tried to do a jump pass .....................................

ETA - posted before seeing Todd's post ... and yes, I'm def still scarred from that play .... If I remember correctly I think we had 1st & goal from the 3 yd line - Ralph, Dak, or Fitz gets us in

Todd4State
04-23-2020, 07:53 AM
maybe he never got over the disappointment against LSU in his first year here ... 4th & goal from the 1 yard line and a 5'-10" QB tried to do a jump pass .....................................

ETA - posted before seeing Todd's post ... and yes, I'm def still scarred from that play .... If I remember correctly I think we had 1st & goal from the 3 yd line - Ralph, Dak, or Fitz gets us in

Even worse- Dixon gets in on that play too.