PDA

View Full Version : Weather

TheLostDawg
04-19-2020, 11:54 PM
I hope everyone is okay from the weather today.

Is Wednesday still suppose to be bad ass well? I remember seeing something about today and Wednesday a week or so ago.

starkvegasdawg
04-20-2020, 02:06 AM
Timing is not looking to be Wednesday night. There's still some model disagreement on specifics, but severe weather is still looking possible. And I'll add, unfortunately, it looks to be mainly in central and southern MS again right now.

TheLostDawg
04-20-2020, 11:36 AM
Timing is not looking to be Wednesday night. There's still some model disagreement on specifics, but severe weather is still looking possible. And I'll add, unfortunately, it looks to be mainly in central and southern MS again right now.

Thanks. Keep us updated as things unfold if you don't mind. We all appreciate it. You certainly nailed yesterday a week out.

Jack Lambert
04-20-2020, 01:09 PM
South Miss got hit hard again.

RocketDawg
04-20-2020, 01:56 PM
The big one south of Hattiesburg went just a couple miles north of my sister's house. They had no damage though.

starkvegasdawg
04-20-2020, 05:09 PM
Thanks. Keep us updated as things unfold if you don't mind. We all appreciate it. You certainly nailed yesterday a week out.

Wednesday night still looking like severe is possible. Right now not looking like it is going to be a huge event but all modes of severe weather will be possible to some extent. The bad thing is it will be an overnight event.

Also starting to be of concern is this coming up weekend. Friday/Saturday looking like it may be another severe event, but let's get past Wednesday night first.

dawgday166
04-20-2020, 06:11 PM
Wednesday night still looking like severe is possible. Right now not looking like it is going to be a huge event but all modes of severe weather will be possible to some extent. The bad thing is it will be an overnight event.

Also starting to be of concern is this coming up weekend. Friday/Saturday looking like it may be another severe event, but let's get past Wednesday night first.

Just curious ... what you thinking on where in MS/AL on Friday/Saturday?

starkvegasdawg
04-20-2020, 11:29 PM
Just curious ... what you thinking on where in MS/AL on Friday/Saturday?

Right now the models I have access to don't have the best grip on it. The Jackson NWS tonight did mention they were starting to come into somewhat of an agreement of severe being possible during this timeframe. As for where...if I were a betting person I'd say along and south of Highway 82 as it looks now.

One quick item...the latest NAM is in and I didn't like what I saw. It looked to possibly be slowing it down and bringing it in more during the day Thursday. It was also ramping up the tornado threat over most of MS south of 82. Now, this is just one run of one model so it's far from the gospel. Just have to wait and see what the others say and what becomes the trend. The GFS is still about 6 hours faster.

RocketDawg
04-21-2020, 05:39 PM
Right now the models I have access to don't have the best grip on it. The Jackson NWS tonight did mention they were starting to come into somewhat of an agreement of severe being possible during this timeframe. As for where...if I were a betting person I'd say along and south of Highway 82 as it looks now.

One quick item...the latest NAM is in and I didn't like what I saw. It looked to possibly be slowing it down and bringing it in more during the day Thursday. It was also ramping up the tornado threat over most of MS south of 82. Now, this is just one run of one model so it's far from the gospel. Just have to wait and see what the others say and what becomes the trend. The GFS is still about 6 hours faster.

How are things looking with today's model runs so far?