View Full Version : JT Daniels

ShotgunDawg
04-16-2020, 02:14 PM
Do we kick the tires?

Could RS this season & then have 2 to play

Former 5 star

Jack Lambert
04-16-2020, 02:18 PM
If there is a coach that might be able to pull him south it could be Leach.

FISHDAWG
04-16-2020, 02:20 PM
I don't think we chance the current commitments we already have but I'm not the coach ... Interesting tho and I'm sure he is quite familiar with Leach .... I think if we take another QB we might lose Schrader or one of our 4 year guys committed

ShotgunDawg
04-16-2020, 02:24 PM
I don't think we chance the current commitments we already have but I'm not the coach ... Interesting tho and I'm sure he is quite familiar with Leach .... I think if we take another QB we might lose Shrader or one of our 4 year guys committed

In Leach's offense, I'd trade Shrader for Daniels in a heart beat

2020 - Costello with Daniels redshirting.

2021 - Daniels with Rogers or someone else backing up & Robertson/Keys/Greek redshirting

2022 - Daniels SR year with Rogers, Robertson, etc backing up

2023 - Rogers has two years left to start & Robertson, etc 3 years.

I don't see any reason anyone would transfer except Shrader & Mayden

MetEdDawg
04-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Three letters: LSU

Mark it down. LSU getting a QB could potentially get them back into the mix for the West. They are going to make a massive push on this one I think.

ShotgunDawg
04-16-2020, 04:15 PM

Mark it down. LSU getting a QB could potentially get them back into the mix for the West. They are going to make a massive push on this one I think.

Good point. Hopefully he's not granted immediate eligibility.

ShotgunDawg
04-16-2020, 04:23 PM

What I don't get though is why LSU would just now be deciding to do this.

Did they even go after Costello or the Wake Forest kid?

Doesn't make sense, without any Spring practice, to just now up & decide to go after a transfer QB

Dawgology
04-16-2020, 04:44 PM
In Leach's offense, I'd trade Shrader for Daniels in a heart beat

2020 - Costello with Daniels redshirting.

2021 - Daniels with Rogers or someone else backing up & Robertson/Keys/Greek redshirting

2022 - Daniels SR year with Rogers, Robertson, etc backing up

2023 - Rogers has two years left to start & Robertson, etc 3 years.

I don't see any reason anyone would transfer except Shrader & Mayden

That would be one hell of a QB room....and it's already a damn good one.

smootness
04-16-2020, 07:14 PM

They seem pretty set on moving forward with Brennan. Also, Joe Brady is gone so that offense is going with him.

Todd4State
04-16-2020, 11:49 PM
They seem pretty set on moving forward with Brennan. Also, Joe Brady is gone so that offense is going with him.

They lost a TON. Heck- they even lost Kelly Orgeron.

TheLostDawg
04-17-2020, 12:03 AM
They are loaded with talent to replace what they've lost but for QB interest I think the main thing is Brady is gone. I think LSU is going to get back into that top 10 year after year but can't quite make the cut. Not without a lot of help that is

coachnorm
04-17-2020, 01:05 AM
Do not underestimate how popular Ed Orgeron was and still is in Los Angeles.

Bothrops
04-17-2020, 09:26 AM

LSU will likely buy him if they have to. I imagine they are on him big time.

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2020, 09:34 AM
LSU will likely buy him if they have to. I imagine they are on him big time.

You'd think but why weren't they on Costello or the Wake Forest to UGA QB?

Bothrops
04-17-2020, 09:46 AM
You'd think but why weren't they on Costello or the Wake Forest to UGA QB?

I'm sure they were banking new options coming available, but the virus outbreak likely threw the timing off. Plus, I think Costello was a heavy Leach lean early enough and many knew it. They need a big time talent at qb to sustain 9 to 10 wins if football is on for 2020.