PDA

View Full Version : Top HS basketball prospect skipping college - going to G league

Irondawg
04-16-2020, 10:47 AM
This is such a good alternative to the 1 and done in my opinion.

I would however like to link this with a baseball-like rule in college with a 3-year stay and also say that anybody that took the G league option and then WAS NOT drafted by the NBA after one year could still play college.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29043828/sources-top-high-school-player-jalen-green-enter-nba-g-league-pathway

Lord McBuckethead
04-16-2020, 01:32 PM
This is such a good alternative to the 1 and done in my opinion.

I would however like to link this with a baseball-like rule in college with a 3-year stay and also say that anybody that took the G league option and then WAS NOT drafted by the NBA after one year could still play college.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29043828/sources-top-high-school-player-jalen-green-enter-nba-g-league-pathway

Not sure, but are G league guys not already drafted? I like the baseball rules for basketball. Let these players go pro if they want, but if they touch the court on a college program they are locked until they are out of high school 3 years.

After 3 years, if they are drafted they can go. If they are not or a terrible draft spot they can return. Every player is eligible like baseball. Why not?

Personally I think football should also have a path to return if not drafted, regardless of agent involvement. Imagine if DeRunnya and BBrown could have returned.

I am not sure how G league guys could return. They are getting paid to play. It would ve awesome if sone of our bball guys could return to play football. Imagine how awesome Nick Weatherspoon could be as a WR.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-16-2020, 02:35 PM
G League players get paid.

ZedFedder
04-16-2020, 06:00 PM
Isaiah Todd (top 10ish player) decommitted from Michigan and is doing the same. There are a few more doing it as well, on top of kids like RJ Hampton and Lamelo Ball going to play a year overseas. It’s going to keep growing as an avenue.

Percho
04-16-2020, 06:22 PM
G League players get paid.

H--- don't know the No. if one, we are talking about paying college players, next high school.

Maroonthirteen
04-16-2020, 06:50 PM
That sounds good to me.

Assuming this becomes a trend and all the elite talent takes this route..... I won't mind watching a court full of 3 stars for 4 years.

Cowbell
04-16-2020, 08:56 PM
That sounds good to me.

Assuming this becomes a trend and all the elite talent takes this route..... I won't mind watching a court full of 3 stars for 4 years.

Amen!