PDA

View Full Version : Reason I cant stand 6-pack.

PKADogs55
04-14-2020, 11:21 PM
I read both boards. Only post on this board bc apparently we are all full of it (From what they say). Some bastard just posted .. it's about to hit the fan. Basically saying if we have another month at home ... "There will be an Uprising". And I dont mean to bring this Sh!t up, but just FYI. It does not matter when this ends. As soon as everyone can get out, your delaying the inevitable, once people get out .. there WILL be a spike in numbers, even if it's small. It may not be significant, and GOD willing it's not, but there will be a spike. There is no right or wrong answer, I guess I just hate reading that Sh!t on that board, since they talk so much Sh!t. Saying there is about to be an Uprising. I work for a State Angecy, been dying to get back to work. Anyways, love all you guys, I hope you and yours and doing well. Even when they lift this ... there is no right way. Be safe guys!

PKADogs55
04-14-2020, 11:29 PM
Lol Jesus, Scotch and this board dont Mix. BTW did we win the SEC West in baseball?

parabrave
04-15-2020, 12:32 AM
All the OT threads did it for me.

FISHDAWG
04-15-2020, 07:07 AM
I read both boards. Only post on this board bc apparently we are all full of it (From what they say). Some bastard just posted .. it's about to hit the fan. Basically saying if we have another month at home ... "There will be an Uprising". And I dont mean to bring this Sh!t up, but just FYI. It does not matter when this ends. As soon as everyone can get out, your delaying the inevitable, once people get out .. there WILL be a spike in numbers, even if it's small. It may not be significant, and GOD willing it's not, but there will be a spike. There is no right or wrong answer, I guess I just hate reading that Sh!t on that board, since they talk so much Sh!t. Saying there is about to be an Uprising. I work for a State Angecy, been dying to get back to work. Anyways, love all you guys, I hope you and yours and doing well. Even when they lift this ... there is no right way. Be safe guys!

I'm in an Atlanta suburb North of Downtown about 20 miles ... I'm already seeing traffic and congestion making it's way back ... I think a lot of the populous are saying enough - not exactly an uprising but getting difficult to keep folks under control - also seeing much much more police presence on the roads .... heard on the radio this am that Harvard U is speculating that no college classes this year - lot of confusion and speculation right now but I think many folks are starting to get to a point where they say screw this. Back to your original point - I have started back reading over there whenever there's something interesting .... which isn't very often. SO GLAD THIS BOARD WAS CREATED

msstate7
04-15-2020, 07:20 AM
If the curve has been flattened some, probably best that people start getting out some. Social distancing isn't to stop the spread... just slow it down, right?

Jack Lambert
04-15-2020, 08:04 AM
I suspect you will still post over there though.

Maroonthirteen
04-15-2020, 08:20 AM
It isn't just six pack. You pretty much can't post anything about getting back to work on any social media without some Karen/nurse chastising you and predicting death to everyone.

Cooterpoot
04-15-2020, 08:34 AM
There's not going to be any uprisings. That's nonsense. And the fact is, we're all likely to get some form of this virus at some point because a vaccine is a ways away. If enough people get it and immunity is built up overall, that's the best thing til a vaccine. Opening up in stages is the answer but we're still a few weeks from that. Everyone will wear masks too, so get ready.

BiscuitEater
04-15-2020, 09:06 AM
I read both boards.

And, you spend time there, reading what you hate?

Hot Rock
04-15-2020, 09:29 AM
I never quit working, being an essential, but I did get sick with confirmed pneumonia and had to cornteen myself. I must have had it a couple weeks before I really noticed it. COVID test was negative but:

I still wonder if it was COVID or not that caused the pneumonia and I had recovered from COVID and been left with the pneumonia. Hopefully, that antibody test will be out soon and I can find out. I hope I had it and I am immune, one less thing to worry about.

This social distancing thing is working though the curve is being flattened. I have been working and keeping my distance very well, if I got it, at least I didn't spread it to my parents who are 90 & 95. If I didn't get it, then I have been able to keep working and not catch it with people around me getting it, two confirmed to my knowledge.

There are ways to go to work and practice social distancing. People just have to do it, and therein lies the problem. We can reopen society and practice social distancing. We cannot stay closed down forever.

ShotgunDawg
04-15-2020, 09:32 AM
I think Sixpack has some interesting topics, but, if you're looking to talk MSU sports, it ain't the place for you

R2Dawg
04-15-2020, 12:10 PM
I'm in an Atlanta suburb North of Downtown about 20 miles ... I'm already seeing traffic and congestion making it's way back ... I think a lot of the populous are saying enough - not exactly an uprising but getting difficult to keep folks under control - also seeing much much more police presence on the roads .... heard on the radio this am that Harvard U is speculating that no college classes this year - lot of confusion and speculation right now but I think many folks are starting to get to a point where they say screw this. Back to your original point - I have started back reading over there whenever there's something interesting .... which isn't very often. SO GLAD THIS BOARD WAS CREATED

Live in AL and the traffic has picked up the past week or so a good bit.

Hear this though, there will be an uprising by the media and Trump haters whenever we come back and all it will take is one COVID19 case to start the attach that we started up too soon. It is coming regardless of your politics, that is a fact. The COVID19 Trump investigation has already started. Starting back up is tricky and there is no perfect plan.

I am tired of the virus and tired of politicians and their investigations.

Political Hack
04-15-2020, 12:17 PM

Harvard just released a study saying social distancing will stay in effect at some level until at least 2022. People don't realize we're going to have to ride the waves. Go out. Come in. Go out. Come in. That'll happen until we have a vaccine, treatment, or until herd immunity takes over.

msbulldog
04-15-2020, 12:32 PM
I have been working as an essential, but I get here before anyone else and can get to my car without seeing anyone when I leave. I lock my office door and communicate by phone. I do vibration testing in the shop, and when I come in everybody clears out. I am 64 years old and have lung issues from 35 years of smoking, the virus would probably be my death warrant. The only person I see is my wife and we have our groceries delivered. It is very important that we do everything possible to get the economy going again. The government can only print so much money, without the debt being called.

Lord McBuckethead
04-15-2020, 12:54 PM
Live in AL and the traffic has picked up the past week or so a good bit.

Hear this though, there will be an uprising by the media and Trump haters whenever we come back and all it will take is one COVID19 case to start the attach that we started up too soon. It is coming regardless of your politics, that is a fact. The COVID19 Trump investigation has already started. Starting back up is tricky and there is no perfect plan.

I am tired of the virus and tired of politicians and their investigations.

Investigations? People just want to know why Trump was downplaying the virus for 50 days and doing next to nothing to prepare. Literally the Friday before all shit broke loose dude was saying that HE has it under control and its no big deal.

The President has more information than every regular citizen. He knew the scale of this thing. He still hasn't addressed testing, prep for vaccine production, prep for essential material production, etc. He hasn't even outlined a path back to work yet. As a leader, it is up to the leader to take the bull by the horns and 17 this thing.

So there is no need for an investigation, he stumbled coming out of the gate. We all are hoping he gets up and starts to lead. Also, 17 his useless press conferences. Both for the questions and the lack of substitive answers.

Commercecomet24
04-15-2020, 12:58 PM
I have been working as an essential, but I get here before anyone else and can get to my car without seeing anyone when I leave. I lock my office door and communicate by phone. I do vibration testing in the shop, and when I come in everybody clears out. I am 64 years old and have lung issues from 35 years of smoking, the virus would probably be my death warrant. The only person I see is my wife and we have our groceries delivered. It is very important that we do everything possible to get the economy going again. The government can only print so much money, without the debt being called.

Well said! Stay safe!

msbulldog
04-15-2020, 01:07 PM
Investigations? People just want to know why Trump was downplaying the virus for 50 days and doing next to nothing to prepare. Literally the Friday before all shit broke loose dude was saying that HE has it under control and its no big deal.

The President has more information than every regular citizen. He knew the scale of this thing. He still hasn't addressed testing, prep for vaccine production, prep for essential material production, etc. He hasn't even outlined a path back to work yet. As a leader, it is up to the leader to take the bull by the horns and 17 this thing.

So there is no need for an investigation, he stumbled coming out of the gate. We all are hoping he gets up and starts to lead. Also, 17 his useless press conferences. Both for the questions and the lack of substitive answers.

Same reason Dr. Fauci (sp?) said no big deal early on, because the Chinese were feeding us the bullshit that it was animal to human transmission, not human to human. The good Dr. was who the president was relying on for guidance. If you don't believe me google it. The Dr's. statements are all over the web, google the Dr's statement on Waters World on Fox news.

msbulldog
04-15-2020, 01:08 PM
Well said! Stay safe!

Thanks CC.

Joebob
04-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Here in my suburb of DFW, it’s remarkable how few people are out doing things. It finally seems like people have gotten serious about social distancing and staying at home. Even Walmart was nearly deserted and they had toilet paper (even Charmin!).

I understand how people are getting restless though, especially in rural areas that are more spaced out. People need to stay vigilant for a little while longer though. Then it’s going to be a matter of figuring out how function in society without creating a massive second wave. Hopefully we can find the right balance. If not, I’m going to have to stay home and my wife will have to continue working from home until a vaccine is available. As a high risk person, it’ll just be too dangerous otherwise.

MaroonFlounder
04-15-2020, 07:02 PM
We have GOT to bite the bullet eventually and start trying to get back to normal.

There are estimates that we will have a suicide rate of around 17,000 people from loss of work.

And drug abuse and overdoses will escalate.

Commercecomet24
04-15-2020, 07:09 PM
We have GOT to bite the bullet eventually and start trying to get back to normal.

There are estimates that we will have a suicide rate of around 17,000 people from loss of work.

Not to mention violent crime among other bad stuff.

turkish
04-15-2020, 07:16 PM
I read both boards. Both have their drawbacks. [looks at OP]

TaleofTwoDogs
04-16-2020, 12:39 AM
To be fair, the responses to the "upraising" post on SPS were mostly negative to the OP's position. Right now, SPS has very little in the way of bulldog sports but ED isn't much better, but as always is definitely more sports oriented than SPS. I just hope this pandemic ends soon so we all can get back to what we all love...bulldog sports.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2020, 11:03 AM
To be fair, the responses to the "upraising" post on SPS were mostly negative to the OP's position. Right now, SPS has very little in the way of bulldog sports but ED isn't much better, but as always is definitely more sports oriented than SPS. I just hope this pandemic ends soon so we all can get back to what we all love...bulldog sports.

Yes, yes, yes! It's a whole lot more fun discussing sports than corona 24/7.

BB30
04-16-2020, 12:40 PM

You don't miss a post related to Trump haha. Kudos.

FISHDAWG
04-16-2020, 02:29 PM

it's laughable ... like he's going to change public opinion on a MSU message board**

MaroonFlounder
04-16-2020, 09:24 PM

Most forums have a no politics policy, but with what is going on right now, it's almost impossible for the non-sports threads about the virus to not get political. The SPS poster with the user name dawg61 makes sure every one of those gets shut down, or replies locked.

Tbonewannabe
04-17-2020, 08:06 AM

I was telling my wife this yesterday. At some point, people losing jobs and homes becomes a bigger problem than a 3% mortality rate of possibly getting a virus. A lot of Asian countries have people walking around with masks on. We will need to be really careful but the economy has to start back soon. This isn't saying go back to normal. We probably don't need big groups of people together unless necessary until the virus is under control.

It could be that restaurants and bars only have 50% or less capacity and maybe any type of event has social distancing like every other row and seat empty.

Commercecomet24
04-17-2020, 08:56 AM
I was telling my wife this yesterday. At some point, people losing jobs and homes becomes a bigger problem than a 3% mortality rate of possibly getting a virus. A lot of Asian countries have people walking around with masks on. We will need to be really careful but the economy has to start back soon. This isn't saying go back to normal. We probably don't need big groups of people together unless necessary until the virus is under control.

It could be that restaurants and bars only have 50% or less capacity and maybe any type of event has social distancing like every other row and seat empty.

You nailed it.