PDA

View Full Version : If you don't like Hud...don't open this thread.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Just looked at the rankings and Hud's ULL team is currently receiving Top 25 votes. Meanwhile check out this link...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/bcs

As of last week, ULL is ranked #37 in the BCS while we are at #53. I can't imagine that gap tightening after this past weekend.

It's starting to look like not only can Hud do better than Mullen at MSU....he might just end up doing better than Mullen at ULL. I'm starting to wonder if we would beat them. After all, before too long they will be ranked and might be favored over us...and you know how we do against teams favored over us.

Ronny
11-03-2013, 03:33 PM
...if Hud becomes the next MSU coach will he turn out to be the savior you all think he will be.

Mullen is be finished @ MSU after he loses the Egg Bowl by 21 points on Thanksgiving night. Ole Miss is going to beat the piss out of us & I don't think Mullen will survive it.

I wonder if Hud would want to walk into the mess Mullen will leave?

More to the point, I wonder if Hud is really Steve Spurrier 2.0 like 90% of the MSU fanbase seems to think he is.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
...if Hud becomes the next MSU coach will he turn out to be the savior you all think he will be.

Mullen is be finished @ MSU after he loses the Egg Bowl by 21 points on Thanksgiving night. Ole Miss is going to beat the piss out of us & I don't think Mullen will survive it.

More to the point, I wonder if Hud is really Steve Spurrier 2.0 like 90% of the MSU fanbase seems to think he is.

I don't necessarily think he is some savior. I just think he's the best option for MSU and better than Mullen. Far from saying he is Spurrier. I too will be interested to see what he can do.

Quaoarsking
11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
ULL won't sniff the top 25 even if they win their last 4 games. Sun Belt teams don't get ranked, period.
Remember, they lost by 3 touchdowns to Arkansas, a team we will probably beat.

Not that any of this is a knock on Hudspeth, but it is very unlikely they would beat us. The best Sun Belt teams would finish in the middle of the MAC and CUSA, and much lower in a better conference.

engie
11-03-2013, 03:41 PM
No one is calling him Spurrier 2.0. We just think he's better than what we've currently got, is the most logical successor, will recruit on a much higher level, and will give us a chance to win some games we shouldn't, which is all we're asking. Basically, Mullen has lulled us to sleep with his predictability. There's no excitement in the fanbase anymore. Hudspeth would restore that -- and I think he would do it basically immediately in recruiting...

Yes, they are going to finish the year ranked higher than MSU -- and top 25 in the BCS is certainly not out of the question. It's a shame they played Arkansas and K State early before they both realized they weren't very good...

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 03:42 PM
ULL won't sniff the top 25 even if they win their last 4 games. Sun Belt teams don't get ranked, period.

Not that any of this is a knock on Hudspeth, but it is very unlikely they would beat us. The best Sun Belt teams would finish in the middle of the MAC and CUSA, and much lower in a better conference.

I agree. Just thought it was interesting. His program is more relevant right now than ours seems to be.

engie
11-03-2013, 03:44 PM

Yet the Sun Belt has won 4 straight New Orleans Bowls against these other conferences....

Todd4State
11-03-2013, 03:49 PM

I remember some of our fans saying the same thing about Cohen when posters were promoting him as our baseball coach. There are no guarantees- all we can do is look at the data that is given and form an opinion based on that.

And it would be nice if we make a change before we become a total dumpster fire and have to spend a couple of years totally rebuilding for a change.

Ronny
11-03-2013, 03:49 PM
No one is calling him Spurrier 2.0. We just think he's better than what we've currently got, is the most logical successor, will recruit on a much higher level, and will give us a chance to win some games we shouldn't, which is all we're asking. Basically, Mullen has lulled us to sleep with his predictability. There's no excitement in the fanbase anymore. Hudspeth would restore that -- and I think he would do it basically immediately in recruiting...

Yes, they are going to finish the year ranked higher than MSU -- and top 25 in the BCS is certainly not out of the question. It's a shame they played Arkansas and K State early before they both realized they weren't very good...

I don't know anything about Hud but it seems most people here are attributing a savior quality to him.

I don't know where that adoration is coming from. Has he won 11 games as a HC before? Does he have a major upset of a D1 powerhouse as the HC of a mid-major? Maybe he does; I'm too lazy to go to wikipedia and look it up.

But I do know Mullen is rapidly headed for Croom territory. If Mullen loses to Ole Miss as bad as I think he will, by Sat. morning there will be a list & Hud will not be the only name on it.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I remember some of our fans saying the same thing about Cohen when posters were promoting him as our baseball coach. There are no guarantees- all we can do is look at the data that is given and form an opinion based on that.

And it would be nice if we make a change before we become a total dumpster fire and have to spend a couple of years totally rebuilding for a change.

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/f/f4/Amen_gif.png

Dawgface
11-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I agree. Just thought it was interesting. His program is more relevant right now than ours seems to be.

Buffalo is just ahead of us. That is sad.

geotop
11-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I think yall should show a little more patience with Mullen.

We should have a winnin season next year

cheewgumm
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
...and that's what it's all about.

I'm figuring this is sarcasm.

engie
11-03-2013, 04:37 PM

We could have a "winning" season next year and not finish top 40 -- exactly like we didn't finish top 40 last year. I'm tired of underachieving.

09 - 45
10 - 15
11 - 31
12 - 42
current - 55

I'm not satisfied with a "winning" season every other year with a team that should be winning 2-3 more games per year.

donald igwebuike
11-03-2013, 04:47 PM
HC @ a ULL or Toledo or Akron and winning is good experience for the jump to the SEC. Our mistake was to hire a HC in the SEC w/out any HCing exp. Dan would have been smart to jump to a Mid-Am school, find success and t hen come to SEC.

Bully13
11-03-2013, 04:50 PM
until we as a program decide to modernize some things on the recruiting end, it ain't gonna matter whose coach.. I'm more concerned with that than the head coach right now...Mullen can coach and win but he doesn't have the support group like ole miss, uk, vandy and upig does...I understand and accept not recruiting with bama and lsu, but getting our asses whipped by the uk's, and ole misses of the world is unacceptable and I'm not ready to entirely lay the blame on mullen for that at this point

geotop
11-03-2013, 04:57 PM
If Tyler Russell had not gotten injured early, this season would have been a lot different.

TrapGame
11-03-2013, 05:00 PM
HC @ a ULL or Toledo or Akron and winning is good experience for the jump to the SEC. Our mistake was to hire a HC in the SEC w/out any HCing exp. Dan would have been smart to jump to a Mid-Am school, find success and t hen come to SEC.

And here we have it folks. Spot on. Dan was not qualified as an OC to be head coach in the SEC. I'd say the same goes for Muschamp. If Dan had gone to UCF or USF and got his lumps it would have put him in a better position in the SEC. This learning on the job route he's taken has hit a big ol' pot hole and I'm worried he has peaked.

I was told by someone right after Hud left us that he knew more than Dan Mullen and when he tried to offer his experience Mullen treated him like shit for dare questioning his football knowledge.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 05:00 PM
If Tyler Russell had not gotten injured early, this season would have been a lot different.

Yep, it would have been even worse

engie
11-03-2013, 05:11 PM
until we as a program decide to modernize some things on the recruiting end, it ain't gonna matter whose coach.. I'm more concerned with that than the head coach right now...Mullen can coach and win but he doesn't have the support group like ole miss, uk, vandy and upig does...I understand and accept not recruiting with bama and lsu, but getting our asses whipped by the uk's, and ole misses of the world is unacceptable and I'm not ready to entirely lay the blame on mullen for that at this point

Whose fault is it that Mullen doesn't have that support in year 5? That ultimately falls RIGHT BACK ON HIM. Jackie didn't have a problem gaining the support structure at MSU to be successful...

If Mullen had used his power when he had all the marbles(2010) to force modernization in compliance(any powerful coach in America can and does get this done), we wouldn't find ourselves on probation right now. And we would never have started struggling to recruit in the first place.

I'm hopeful that the correct hire for head coach can fix all this. Actually, I'm expecting it. Because our money people want the same changes to be made and will likely FORCE them while we're in the flux of a coaching change...

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm not going to engage in the Hud debate anymore because I'm pretty confident he's not coming unless some major things happen soon... but, the Sun Belt is as good as C-USA and could compete with most of the MAC IMO.

Schultzy
11-03-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm not going to engage in the Hud debate anymore because I'm pretty confident he's not coming unless some major things happen soon... but, the Sun Belt is as good as C-USA and could compete with most of the MAC IMO.

What major things? If you don't want to be specific then at least generalize.

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 07:42 PM
changes on our end will have to take place before he'll come to State.

Bark
11-03-2013, 07:44 PM
changes on our end will have to take place before he'll come to State.

As in administrative personnel changes? Strick and bracky or something else?

bulldawg28
11-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Whose fault is it that Mullen doesn't have that support in year 5? That ultimately falls RIGHT BACK ON HIM. Jackie didn't have a problem gaining the support structure at MSU to be successful...

If Mullen had used his power when he had all the marbles(2010) to force modernization in compliance(any powerful coach in America can and does get this done), we wouldn't find ourselves on probation right now. And we would never have started struggling to recruit in the first place.

I'm hopeful that the correct hire for head coach can fix all this. Actually, I'm expecting it. Because our money people want the same changes to be made and will likely FORCE them while we're in the flux of a coaching change...

Do you read what you post? It doesn't work the way your insider 101 magazine reads.

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
As in administrative personnel changes? Strick and bracky or something else?

I haven't heard Bracky specifically being an issue. Also, money can overcome a lot.

MrKotter
11-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Oh dear God

engie
11-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Do you read what you post? It doesn't work the way your insider 101 magazine reads.

How does the magazine that says "if you don't like Hud...don't open this thread" read?**

Tell me -- how does it work?

Or better yet -- explain to me why we're the 12/13th best team in the conference in year 5 -- the two behind us are outrecruiting us -- and about half the team(and coach) don't look like they give a shit?

You've obviously got it all figured out. What did you call for our record to be again? That genius level insider information you were getting from Mullen was on point on that one. But he lets you hang out in the locker room -- so he can do no wrong...

bluelightstar
11-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Tell me -- how does it work?

Or better yet -- explain to me why we're the 12/13th best team in the conference -- and the two behind us are outrecruiting us?

You've obviously got it all figured out. What did you call for our record to be again? Genius level information you were getting from your boy Mullen on that one. But he lets you hang out in the locker room -- so he can do no wrong...

+1

dawgoneyall
11-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Only one way to find out.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Anyone using recruiting as an excuse for Mullen to stay right now needs to get off of scout. com and rivals and look at the results on the field. Even with as bad as Mullen has coached, name me one team, besides Alabama that we have looked just totally outmatched against across the board. Not LSU. They had us beat with their WR'S, not Auburn, I believe our players are every bit as good as theirs, better in some areas equal in others, not SC, they have an edge at QB right now but Dak will be better than him. Not OK State, not Ole Miss, not UK, not Arky, no one. WE ARE GETTING OUTCOACHED PERIOD. Mullen has lost the fanbase, there Is no excitement at games, people are pissed. Dan is a DUD we want HUD