PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed road to failure for any organization...

MCsMGs
04-13-2020, 11:49 AM
Is to dwell on or to live in the past. Yes, we should learn from past mistakes, but to continuously and passionately regurgitate who coulda, woulda, shoulda is crippling!

Are we really still asking "Should we have kept Stans"?, "Sricklin revisited" ? It seems to me that a group of people who follow sports so passionately would recognize the futility of such nonsense and recognize the cloud that it casts over an entire program. There are some who actually believe they have an obligation to question every decision that they know little about, somehow believing that their tirades are gonna lead our programs in a direction they want them to go.

May I suggest that some of you spend some of your energy reading what sports(and business) psychologists say about the power of positivity.

For those of you who love to criticize decisions made years ago, there is plenty of subject matter on the value that brings to the table too!

Martianlander
04-13-2020, 11:57 AM
Is to dwell on or to live in the past. Yes, we should learn from past mistakes, but to continuously and passionately regurgitate who coulda, woulda, shoulda is crippling!

Are we really still asking "Should we have kept Stans"?, "Sricklin revisited" ? It seems to me that a group of people who follow sports so passionately would recognize the futility of such nonsense and recognize the cloud that it casts over an entire program. There are some who actually believe they have an obligation to question every decision that they know little about, somehow believing that their tirades are gonna lead our programs in a direction they want them to go.

May I suggest that some of you spend some of your energy reading what sports(and business) psychologists say about the power of positivity.

For those of you who love to criticize decisions made years ago, there is plenty of subject matter on the value that brings to the table too!

Let's not start threads that make sense!****

ShotgunDawg
04-13-2020, 12:02 PM

Great post.

I would add that I think this is just as true in life for individuals as well.

Humans fail. It's who we are, but through failure we learn. Accept it & move on. Obviously much more difficult when deep emotions are involved

Todd4State
04-13-2020, 01:40 PM

That was what I was going for when I started the Stricklin thread.

It's a weird time right now. Our present right now is a new women's basketball coach and that's it. So talking about the past at this moment makes a lot of sense. Our sports right now are pretty much replays.