PDA

View Full Version : Top Dak Prescott games at MSU

Todd4State
04-13-2020, 12:26 AM
I saw a video on Twitter that was basically a highlight video of Dak while he was at MSU. I'd like to see MSU put out a similar highlight video of Dak and they also should do one for Eric Moulds.

For me personally:

1. Ole Miss in 2013. This is where Dak became Dak. Like a cheesy sports movie, he's hurt comes off the bench with the team down and rallies and gets us the win in OT. Would have been regulation had we not missed the field goal but had we made the field goal we wouldn't have gotten Nikoe Whitley stripping Bo Wallace at the goal line. Or Dak running over Tony Conner for the TD.

2. LSU 2014. His run where he stiff armed that LSU DB is probably his iconic MSU moment. Beating LSU in Death Valley was impressive. His scramble and pass to Jameon Lewis and his pass to Bear for a TD were also awesome. If you went to this game it was better than beating Auburn that year. Most fun I've had at a MSU road game. There is nothing like watching Death Valley empty out midway through the fourth quarter. LSU also turned the lights out on us after the game and told us to go home which I thought was pretty funny.

3. Auburn 2014. This game made MSU number one. Dak had a couple of picks but his pass to Bear to get us started for a TD was memorable as was his TD run where he pointed to the sky which MSU used a lot and rightfully so.

4. Arkansas 2015. This game was pretty wild. 51-50 and Fred Ross made an insane catch and run for a TD. Dak lit him them up and in some ways I think you could argue that this was his best quarterbacked game as a passer at MSU. I believe he tied or set a MSU record for TD passes in this game.

5. Texas A&M 2014. Really solid showing in the middle of a run to number one for MSU. The play that stands out to me in this game was his pass to Fred Brown for a TD. Good performance in an important game but maybe not as flashy as LSU or Auburn that year.

6. USM 2014. This was a pretty historic game for Mississippi. We had not played USM in 24 years I believe so this game was a little more special. Dak and MSU were dominant Bear had a really impressive TD over the middle to start the game and then Ross and Bear scored on passes from Dak later on as well. I think this game showed the separation that has occurred between MSU and USM which elevated MSU as a program in state.

7. Rice 2013 Liberty Bowl. Dak was really impressive in a bowl blowout. This built off of the Egg Bowl win as Dak had firmly taken the reigns at QB and it introduced us to Jameon Lewis whose injury really hurt MSU down the stretch in 2014. Bear Wilson also made some nice plays as well. Dak was making plays with his arm, legs, and blocking people which really showed us that he was a special player.

8. Arkansas 2014. MSU's first game at home as number one and Dak had been banged up at Kentucky. He came out against a good Arkansas defense and when he had to make a play with his arm to win the game- he did by throwing a pass to Fred Ross for the go ahead TD. Will Redmond ended the game with an INT in the end zone.

9. Kentucky 2014. OK- so this was really more of a Josh Robinson game. Dak still made some nice plays with his legs even though it wasn't a great passing performance in terms of throwing TD passes.

10. NC State 2015. Finished off his career with a bowl win in Charlotte and played pretty well.

BogeyGolfer
04-13-2020, 08:11 AM
I saw a video on Twitter that was basically a highlight video of Dak while he was at MSU. I'd like to see MSU put out a similar highlight video of Dak and they also should do one for Eric Moulds.

For me personally:

1. Ole Miss in 2013. This is where Dak became Dak. Like a cheesy sports movie, he's hurt comes off the bench with the team down and rallies and gets us the win in OT. Would have been regulation had we not missed the field goal but had we made the field goal we wouldn't have gotten Nikoe Whitley stripping Bo Wallace at the goal line. Or Dak running over Tony Conner for the TD.

2. LSU 2014. His run where he stiff armed that LSU DB is probably his iconic MSU moment. Beating LSU in Death Valley was impressive. His scramble and pass to Jameon Lewis and his pass to Bear for a TD were also awesome. If you went to this game it was better than beating Auburn that year. Most fun I've had at a MSU road game. There is nothing like watching Death Valley empty out midway through the fourth quarter. LSU also turned the lights out on us after the game and told us to go home which I thought was pretty funny.

3. Auburn 2014. This game made MSU number one. Dak had a couple of picks but his pass to Bear to get us started for a TD was memorable as was his TD run where he pointed to the sky which MSU used a lot and rightfully so.

4. Arkansas 2015. This game was pretty wild. 51-50 and Fred Ross made an insane catch and run for a TD. Dak lit him them up and in some ways I think you could argue that this was his best quarterbacked game as a passer at MSU. I believe he tied or set a MSU record for TD passes in this game.

5. Texas A&M 2014. Really solid showing in the middle of a run to number one for MSU. The play that stands out to me in this game was his pass to Fred Brown for a TD. Good performance in an important game but maybe not as flashy as LSU or Auburn that year.

6. USM 2014. This was a pretty historic game for Mississippi. We had not played USM in 24 years I believe so this game was a little more special. Dak and MSU were dominant Bear had a really impressive TD over the middle to start the game and then Ross and Bear scored on passes from Dak later on as well. I think this game showed the separation that has occurred between MSU and USM which elevated MSU as a program in state.

7. Rice 2013 Liberty Bowl. Dak was really impressive in a bowl blowout. This built off of the Egg Bowl win as Dak had firmly taken the reigns at QB and it introduced us to Jameon Lewis whose injury really hurt MSU down the stretch in 2014. Bear Wilson also made some nice plays as well. Dak was making plays with his arm, legs, and blocking people which really showed us that he was a special player.

8. Arkansas 2014. MSU's first game at home as number one and Dak had been banged up at Kentucky. He came out against a good Arkansas defense and when he had to make a play with his arm to win the game- he did by throwing a pass to Fred Ross for the go ahead TD. Will Redmond ended the game with an INT in the end zone.

9. Kentucky 2014. OK- so this was really more of a Josh Robinson game. Dak still made some nice plays with his legs even though it wasn't a great passing performance in terms of throwing TD passes.

10. NC State 2015. Finished off his career with a bowl win in Charlotte and played pretty well.

I watched an interview with Mullen about Dak, he said that Dak was a much better QB in 2015 than in 2014. I agree with this 100% if you look at the highlight films, even though he did not get as much media praise in 2015. I also think that the 2015 Arkansas game isn't talked about enough, that was the best offensive showing by any MSU team in my life-time and proved that Dak could play in the NFL.

Maroonthirteen
04-13-2020, 09:09 AM
I watched an interview with Mullen about Dak, he said that Dak was a much better QB in 2015 than in 2014. I agree with this 100% if you look at the highlight films, even though he did not get as much media praise in 2015. I also think that the 2015 Arkansas game isn't talked about enough, that was the best offensive showing by any MSU team in my life-time and proved that Dak could play in the NFL.

100% agreed. Probably his best offensive sec game of his career.

Renardo Sidney
04-13-2020, 09:19 AM
Couldn?t have said it better myself. Brought back a lot of nostalgia. Dak played well vs Alabama in 2014 despite a few picks and the loss.

Dawgology
04-13-2020, 10:12 AM
The best thing about this quarantine is it is giving me some time to go through old boxes I've had shoved into the back of closets since we moved in to our new home. I rediscovered all of my Dak Prescott Sports Illustrated and ESPN magazines that I thought I had lost. Getting those framed once all this BS is over.

R2Dawg
04-13-2020, 12:07 PM

For me personally:

Gotta agree on top 4. 2013 Egg Bowl was exactly when Dak became "the man" and a legend. That 2013 bowl against Rice is where Dak had a serious coming out party that made everyone take notice. He put the college football world on notice against Rice. LSU game was huge for MSU and Dak, night game at LSU, national game.

Another one most forget about is the 2015 Orange Bowl where he set an Orange Bowl record.

FISHDAWG
04-14-2020, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;1243042]

And it was freezing that night but one of my favorites as well

Maroonthirteen
04-14-2020, 07:47 AM
Josh Robinson had a helluva catch that game to set up a score.

ShotgunDawg
04-14-2020, 07:51 AM
Kentucky 2015 was pretty special as well