PDA

View Full Version : Weird times for our program right now

NCMSTFAN
04-09-2020, 12:57 PM
During this CORVID-19 scare we lost a whole mens basketball team (actually 8 people, 5 being transfers), our new football coach has been in the news for a controversial post (whether we agree or disagree) and we lost arguably the programs best coach in MSU history...... My goodness, I'm hoping for some good luck soon because this is ridiculous.

Cohen has to make a good hire to potentially save or maintain our girls program and Ben Howland has to literally build a basketball team. I'm sure it will all work itself out but I dont ever remember this much going on at once.

KentuckyDawg13
04-09-2020, 02:45 PM
Men's basketball is going to be thin in the front-court unless we grab some immediately eligible transfers. Looking through the lists, there does not seem to be many immediate eligibles left.
Was hoping a couple of the redshirts would step up instead of transferring. Tolu Smith will have some HUGE shoes to fill.

maroonmania
04-09-2020, 04:43 PM
Men's basketball is going to be thin in the front-court unless we grab some immediately eligible transfers. Looking through the lists, there does not seem to be many immediate eligibles left.
Was hoping a couple of the redshirts would step up instead of transferring. Tolu Smith will have some HUGE shoes to fill.

If Woodard stays in the draft, afraid next year we are going to be really down in MBB.

NCMSTFAN
04-09-2020, 05:13 PM
Ole Miss and Alabama have both recently picked up some good graduate transfers and recruits. Howland needs to get on it pretty quick because we dont even have a team right now. Our team currently looks like:

Nick W.
D.J Stewart
Iverson Molinar
Tolu Smith
Abdul Ado
Quentin Post

We also bring in two Freshmen, and the PG looks to be the real deal. We do still have some talent but we have to get some quality depth soon. We need to try to get a couple grad transfers and possibly a Juco kid or two...at this point I dont see alot of highly recruited Freshman available

TheLostDawg
04-10-2020, 12:18 PM
Ole Miss and Alabama have both recently picked up some good graduate transfers and recruits. Howland needs to get on it pretty quick because we dont even have a team right now. Our team currently looks like:

Nick W.
D.J Stewart
Iverson Molinar
Tolu Smith
Abdul Ado
Quentin Post

We also bring in two Freshmen, and the PG looks to be the real deal. We do still have some talent but we have to get some quality depth soon. We need to try to get a couple grad transfers and possibly a Juco kid or two...at this point I dont see alot of highly recruited Freshman available

And then there were 5

Todd4State
04-10-2020, 12:57 PM
I think we're making this worse than it really is because focus so much on MSU sports.

NCMSTFAN
04-10-2020, 01:21 PM
I think we're making this worse than it really is because focus so much on MSU sports.

???? Please explain.

By the way, if you haven't heard Nick W is turning pro also. 8 players in one season to leave is almost unheard of.