PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl Say....

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2020, 04:50 PM
On the BY that Schafer plans to keep his home in Starkville because he loves Starkville and wants to spend time there in the off season.

WTF?

Strangest situation I've seen with a coach moving on.

Really poor take by Rosebowl today. Supposedly we're just supposed to understand why the head coach of a national title level
Program would just move on.

Sorry, not buying it.

Something happened

West Tn Dawg
04-08-2020, 04:53 PM
https://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/kgou/files/styles/large/public/201303/black%20helicopter.jpg

AROB44
04-08-2020, 04:58 PM
Gun.....have you ever been abducted by aliens? Or are you one?

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2020, 05:01 PM
Hey MSU fans: "shut up and think like you're told".

No need for common sense here or possibly telling someone to go kick rocks.

Heaven forbid we get a little sick of the same crap happening every time we get a good coach.

AlSwearengen
04-08-2020, 05:05 PM
I’m going to go work in the Bahama’s and move my parents down there. But, I will keep my house in Hattiesburg because I love it so much.

Irondawg
04-08-2020, 05:05 PM
Not sure I’m buying Steve’s report on that

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Hearing 99% chance Steve Sarkisian is the new coach*

BeardoMSU
04-08-2020, 05:14 PM
You're quickly becoming the Alex Jones of Elite Dawgs***
https://media1.tenor.com/images/13fc8f1add39b2bb1963ae2944290b3b/tenor.gif?itemid=13613808

Hambone
04-08-2020, 05:19 PM
How many different threads are you going to start with THE SAME DAMN POINT....
give it a rest. Sure, something may be up, just post it on another of your threads

Homedawg
04-08-2020, 05:32 PM
On the BY that Schafer plans to keep his home in Starkville because he loves Starkville and wants to spend time there in the off season.

WTF?

Really poor take by Rosebowl today. Supposedly we're just supposed to understand why the head coach of a national title level

Sorry, not buying it.

Something happened

You're just reaching. You can't accept the fact someone would wan to leave here. Your biased.

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2020, 05:35 PM
You're just reaching. You can't accept the fact someone would wan to leave here. Your biased.

Actually it seems that all the good coaches want to leave MSU

It's like our fan base was infected with some kind of non-competitive gene. Most non-competitive people I've ever been around

Maroonthirteen
04-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Common sense tells you why he left. Pat Mac left. Andy Jackson left. Dan Mullen. Scott Stricklin. On and on. Accept it.

DownwardDawg
04-08-2020, 05:42 PM
Gun is as crazy as a sprayed roach. He’s all Dawg so he’ll always be alright by me, but dudes a trip.

Homedawg
04-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Common sense tells you why he left. Pat Mac left. Andy Jackson left. Dan Mullen. Scott Stricklin. On and on. Accept it.

And who did they leave for Fla, fla, fla fla, and Vic Texas. I mean damn those guys are stupid, smh.

Homedawg
04-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Gun is as crazy as a sprayed roach. He’s all Dawg so he’ll always be alright by me, but dudes a trip.

I admire his passion and live for the dogs. But his glasses are thick and badly shaded. And that's coming from a lifelong dog.

West Tn Dawg
04-08-2020, 05:47 PM
Post Count!

Jack Lambert
04-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Has Mullen been able to sell his home?

fader2103
04-08-2020, 06:03 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/13fc8f1add39b2bb1963ae2944290b3b/tenor.gif?itemid=13613808

Becoming? Already more like it.

Jack Lambert
04-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Let's be honest he can win anywhere he coaches. He is going to be hard to replace.

confucius say
04-08-2020, 06:10 PM
This is why the AD job is so important at miss state and will dictate our athletic success. Because good coaches will likely eventually leave for what they perceive as better jobs.

maroonmania
04-08-2020, 06:17 PM
Let's be honest he can win anywhere he coaches. He is going to be hard to replace.

Apparently anywhere but Sam Houston State that is.

MaroonFlounder
04-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Vic's FB profile doesn't include the MSU years. Why?

Homedawg
04-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Has Mullen been able to sell his home?

Yes. Moorhead no

BeardoMSU
04-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Yes. Moorhead no

Please tell me Moorhead's house is the Gimp Box from Pulp Fiction***

dantheman4248
04-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Now is not the best time to be selling real estate. Schaefer is making a smart business decision. You weren't looking at a wide enough lens, Gun.

maroonmania
04-08-2020, 06:46 PM
I will agree that is the goofiest thing I've ever heard of. I mean you build a program into a Top 5 national power but you leave because its supposedly not the place you want to live. So you take a program where you have to start the building process over again to be where you want to be but you are going to keep a house from where you just left. Goofy as anything I've ever heard. Probably SR is just feeding us crap but, while I do think going back to Texas was a big draw for Vic, I definitely think, and just my opinion, that something was an issue for him inside our athletic department.

msstatelp1
04-08-2020, 07:18 PM

WTF?

Sorry, not buying it.

Something happened

You are putting way too much thought into it. The simplest explanation is usually the correct answer.

VS was always going to leave us for a Texas school. I've known many Texans and every one of them were planning to move back to Texas as soon as they could.

I believe he was waiting on the A&M job but Blair won't retire so when he was approached about the UT job he jumped. What better way to get back at Blair than coaching at his rival.

Who says he can only have one house? He's a multimillionaire plus the UT alumni association has enough money to buy him hundreds if not thousands of 3 mil homes. Maybe he truly likes the area and wants to come back on occasion or maybe he has other plans for it.

Leaving such a talented team? He built that team. He believes he can build another one just like it or better.

Oswald acted alone.

Homedawg
04-08-2020, 07:41 PM
Please tell me Moorhead's house is the Gimp Box from Pulp Fiction***

Ha. Moorhead has a compound, that he made significant improvements to. Gonna take a bath on it but he should be aight....

Homedawg
04-08-2020, 07:43 PM
You are putting way too much thought into it. The simplest explanation is usually the correct answer.

VS was always going to leave us for a Texas school. I've known many Texans and every one of them were planning to move back to Texas as soon as they could.

I believe he was waiting on the A&M job but Blair won't retire so when he was approached about the UT job he jumped. What better way to get back at Blair than coaching at his rival.

Who says he can only have one house? He's a multimillionaire plus the UT alumni association has enough money to buy him hundreds if not thousands of 3 mil homes. Maybe he truly likes the area and wants to come back on occasion or maybe he has other plans for it.

Leaving such a talented team? He built that team. He believes he can build another one just like it or better.

Oswald acted alone.
And to add, he's not taking over the shit show he did here. Not even close.

confucius say
04-08-2020, 07:50 PM
Maybe Cohen was too liberal and too woke and too Jewish for Vic?*** (for anybody who doesn't know, the sarasterisks mean joke)

TheLostDawg
04-08-2020, 08:04 PM
Hey I have a house in Starkville that's really nice. I'm not wanting to sell it but you're looking for a house. Vs. Hey I have a house that I'm trying to get rid of.

What's going to bring more value?

Add to that- hey you want to sell papers. People want to hear from me. Let's talk...

Commercecomet24
04-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Hearing 99% chance Steve Sarkisian is the new coach*

We need Bert Stare for the inside scoop****

dawgday166
04-08-2020, 08:23 PM

I wish he'd show up so Shotgun wouldn't create a hundred threads about it. I think there is something not quite right but we ain't gonna hear about it anytime soon.

32 Dive
04-08-2020, 08:30 PM

I guess he's working on Women's Basketball leads...

Homedawg
04-08-2020, 08:35 PM

Rep!!

Gutter Cobreh
04-08-2020, 08:44 PM
Hey MSU fans: "shut up and think like you're told".

No need for common sense here or possibly telling someone to go kick rocks.

Heaven forbid we get a little sick of the same crap happening every time we get a good coach.

If you're able to solve your riddle of something being amiss with Vic leaving, will that bring him back?

If the answer is yes, then proceed with your investigation. If the answer is no, then what difference does it make?

Gutter Cobreh
04-08-2020, 08:47 PM
Ha. Moorhead has a compound, that he made significant improvements to. Gonna take a bath on it but he should be aight....

Saw today on the Twitter machine where Moorhead provided Starkville PD with some pizza. Thought it was a cool move on his part!

Commercecomet24
04-08-2020, 08:53 PM
I guess he's working on Women's Basketball leads...

I bet it's Napier lol!

Commercecomet24
04-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Saw today on the Twitter machine where Moorhead provided Starkville PD with some pizza. Thought it was a cool move on his part!

That's some good info. Classy move by joe.

trojandawg
04-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Again stop listening to rosebowl so much

Cowbell
04-08-2020, 09:13 PM
That's some good info. Classy move by joe.

Yes indeed - says a lot about him

Homedawg
04-08-2020, 09:23 PM

I've always said he's a really good guy. Not in doubt.

Jarius
04-08-2020, 09:26 PM

WTF?

Sorry, not buying it.

Something happened

Anyone that is not a State fan knows exactly why our head women's basketball coach went to Texas. We will always have this problem unless we hire an MSU grad and then we still may have this problem (see Striklin). We are much better than we used to be but if blue blood programs want our coach they will take them in any sport not named baseball. The silver lining to this (for me Personally) is that we can use that money on sports that I actually give a crap about. I am proud of what the Ladies have done but I have watched 2 or 3 games of women's hoops in my life. I would love to pour the salary money we are saving into football or men's basketball or baseball. May not be a popular opinion but it is mine.

TaleofTwoDogs
04-08-2020, 09:27 PM
What are we running here, the Mississippi version of Hotel California, where you check in but can't check out. The vast majority of workers in this country change jobs during their careers. College coaches are no different.

TUSK
04-08-2020, 09:34 PM

be?com?ing
/bəˈkəmiNG/

noun: becoming; plural noun: becomings
the process of coming to be something or of passing into a state.

Tense are important...

confucius say
04-08-2020, 10:16 PM
Joe did a lot of good for people, and animals, in Starkville. Dude was a really good guy with a huge heart. Part of his downfall as a head college coach too.

BeardoMSU
04-08-2020, 11:03 PM
be?com?ing
/bəˈkəmiNG/

noun: becoming; plural noun: becomings
the process of coming to be something or of passing into a state.

Tense are important...

Next thing you'll tell me is how gay frogs learned how to breed***

https://i.imgur.com/wQc9RPi.gif

Todd4State
04-09-2020, 12:56 AM
How is Schaefer leaving MSU any different than Leach leaving Washington State to coach at MSU?

TUSK
04-09-2020, 04:01 AM
Next thing you'll tell me is how gay frogs learned how to breed***

https://i.imgur.com/wQc9RPi.gif

I dunno that much about LGBTXYZ Amphibians, but I am well versed in the Chaos Theory...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vR07FTHAQllLGJW/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2020, 06:26 AM
How is Schaefer leaving MSU any different than Leach leaving Washington State to coach at MSU?

Was Wazzou a national championship caliber program?

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2020, 06:28 AM
Anyone that is not a State fan knows exactly why our head women's basketball coach went to Texas. We will always have this problem unless we hire an MSU grad and then we still may have this problem (see Striklin). We are much better than we used to be but if blue blood programs want our coach they will take them in any sport not named baseball. The silver lining to this (for me Personally) is that we can use that money on sports that I actually give a crap about. I am proud of what the Ladies have done but I have watched 2 or 3 games of women's hoops in my life. I would love to pour the salary money we are saving into football or men's basketball or baseball. May not be a popular opinion but it is mine.

Would Dabo leave Clemson for Texas?

Vic basically built a Clemson type program at MSU.

Would you understand Dabo doing that?

KentuckyDawg13
04-09-2020, 08:16 AM
Just a nicer way of saying that Vic is going to focus on UT women's bball and not worry about it. I read SOMEWHERE that UT's alumni will buy in the house, but cannot find where I saw that. Who cares? Dude is gone, we all should move on. UT has more money than MSU could ever dream of, it's over.

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2020, 08:26 AM
UT has more money than MSU could ever dream of, it's over.

We matched the contract.....

Would you be surprised if Dabo left Clemson for Texas. They got more money you know

Jarius
04-09-2020, 09:43 AM

Clemson wins the national title every other year. We are not the Clemson version of Women's basketball. This sport also costs us 4 million dollars a year. I don't care who we hire, but it sounds like we are going to continue to put money into this sport with Louisville's coach if he will accept.

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2020, 09:45 AM
We are not the Clemson version of Women's basketball.

You're right. We're a layup away from being EXACTLY the Clemson version of Women's basketball.

It's a very good comparison.

Again, if Dabo left Clemson for Texas, would you understand?

revdrdawg
04-09-2020, 09:58 AM
Dabo to Bama would be a better analogy. Dabo is not from Texas, Vic is.

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2020, 09:58 AM
Dabo to Bama would be a better analogy. Dabo is not from Texas, Vic is.

Actually Dabo to Auburn would be an even better analogy

Gutter Cobreh
04-09-2020, 10:12 AM

WTF?

Sorry, not buying it.

Something happened

Will you please also investigate why Vic's two grown children were present for his announcement? Honestly, this bothers me more than why he left. How many coaches do you see accept new jobs and their adult children make the trip and are included in the announcement photo.

Also, if you get time - will you please also look into the nepotism. How many professions allow you to take the head job and automatically give your kid a job along side of you?

I'll hang up and listen...

KentuckyDawg13
04-09-2020, 10:20 AM
While I agree it is strange to include grown adult children in one's announcement, most likely Blair will be on Vic's staff again. Also, re "How many professions allow you to take the head job and automatically give your kid a job along side of you?" I can think of several in the White House which emphasizes the lack of professionalism that entails.

revdrdawg
04-09-2020, 10:49 AM
I have a strong feeling that the announcement (and his first post hiring interview on the UT network) were made from his home. I was out walking in the neighborhood on the afternoon of the announcement and there were a noticeable bunch of cars at Vic's house. And in the interview, he made several references that indicated he was in Starkville (and that Blair was operating the video).

Gutter Cobreh
04-09-2020, 10:54 AM
While I agree it is strange to include grown adult children in one's announcement, most likely Blair will be on Vic's staff again. Also, re "How many professions allow you to take the head job and automatically give your kid a job along side of you?" I can think of several in the White House which emphasizes the lack of professionalism that entails.

It's already been announced that she is following him and will be on staff. I know nepotism is rampant within politics, but just highlighting that it also seems prevalent in college sports and no one really bats an eye at it.

Regarding the family photo op. with the announcement, maybe they're all quarantining together....

Jarius
04-09-2020, 11:09 AM
You're right. We're a layup away from being EXACTLY the Clemson version of Women's basketball.

It's a very good comparison.

Again, if Dabo left Clemson for Texas, would you understand?

No, we are not. Clemson has won multiple national titles and has 5 final 4 playoff type appearances in the last few years. Clemson recruits better than we do in football. Clemson is a better program in football than we are in women's basketball. That is not debatable. Also, if Dabo had family he wanted to be near in Texas that would possibly alter his decision. I don't know what to tell you. We can't compete with Texas for a coach unless it's baseball. You can continue to put on a tin foil hat and everyone else can continue to tell you you don't know what you are talking about.

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2020, 11:29 AM
No, we are not. Clemson has won multiple national titles and has 5 final 4 playoff type appearances in the last few years. Clemson recruits better than we do in football. Clemson is a better program in football than we are in women's basketball. That is not debatable. Also, if Dabo had family he wanted to be near in Texas that would possibly alter his decision. I don't know what to tell you. We can't compete with Texas for a coach unless it's baseball. You can continue to put on a tin foil hat and everyone else can continue to tell you you don't know what you are talking about.

I disagree. I believe the Women's program was absolutely the Clemson of WBK but maybe a few years behind. I think it's a solid comp

Maroonthirteen
04-09-2020, 11:47 AM

Shotgun ..... that is actually a good comparison and gives me pause to rethink my position on this. However I've never been to Clemson and therefore can't compare the quality of life in Clemson vs Starkville and the respective campuses. However I'll bet ya anything...... Dabo will leave for Alabama when Alabama comes calling.

Good point though.

BrunswickDawg
04-09-2020, 11:51 AM
We matched the contract.....

Would you be surprised if Dabo left Clemson for Texas. They got more money you know

Yes, it would be surprising, but that's the wrong question. the question is would Dabo leave for Auburn or Alabama. Because, I think he would

StateDawg44
04-09-2020, 11:54 AM
Yes, it would be surprising, but that's the wrong question. the question is would Dabo leave for Auburn or Alabama. Because, I think he would

So he could give up his cushy path to the CFP every year and trade it for a much tougher road and to be ridiculed 10 fold by those fans if he doesn't have the same success?

What is the pay differences between those school and their head coaches currently? I just don't see why he would make that move.

R2Dawg
04-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Shotgun ..... that is actually a good comparison and gives me pause to rethink my position on this. However I've never been to Clemson and therefore can't compare the quality of life in Clemson vs Starkville and the respective campuses. However I'll bet ya anything...... Dabo will leave for Alabama when Alabama comes calling.

Good point though.

I've been to Clemson many times. It ain't no better Starkville. Campus not any better either. Now it is close to Greenville SC which is a good size town but that is about it. Smokin Pig is a real good BBQ joint if anyone goes thru there.

Maroonthirteen
04-09-2020, 12:18 PM

Dabo leaving Clemson to Auburn would be dumb. Leaving for Alabama..... would be understandable. He played for Alabama and obviously Alabama is his home state. Even if the path is tough in the sec, Alabama is still the strongest program in the strongest conference. Alabama is the premier college football program in the United States.

msbulldog
04-09-2020, 12:20 PM
I've been to Clemson many times. It ain't no better Starkville. Campus not any better either. Now it is close to Greenville SC which is a good size town but that is about it. Smokin Pig is a real good BBQ joint if anyone goes thru there.

Thomas Clemson who left the money to found Clemson directed that it be modeled after that A&M school in Mississippi!

Jarius
04-09-2020, 12:28 PM
I disagree. I believe the Women's program was absolutely the Clemson of WBK but maybe a few years behind. I think it's a solid comp

Well let me tell you, there isn't a Clemson fan alive that would trade their football program success with our wbb success (if you could translate our women's success to football success), even if you deleted both of their national titles. They have nearly 3 times more playoff appearances than we have final 4s during the same time frame. It's not remotely close. If Dabo would have went to Texas after having Vic type success while at Clemson no one would blink an eye. Now that he's done what he has done it would raise a few questions.

Jarius
04-09-2020, 12:30 PM
So he could give up his cushy path to the CFP every year and trade it for a much tougher road and to be ridiculed 10 fold by those fans if he doesn't have the same success?

What is the pay differences between those school and their head coaches currently? I just don't see why he would make that move.

He went to school at Alabama. That's like asking you if you had the job at Clemson would you go to MSU if we were what Alabama is in football? You may or may not but it's not some secret as to why you would if you chose that route. It's where you went to school and what's in your heart.

BiscuitEater
04-09-2020, 01:03 PM
Actually it seems that all the good coaches want to leave MSU

Again, for those 'challenged' .. Dan stayed NINE years, six+ years than an average CFB HC stays at a school. Vic stayed longer than your average WBB HC.

We were lucky!

Dawgface
04-09-2020, 01:11 PM
Again, for those 'challenged' .. Dan stayed NINE years, six+ years than an average CFB HC stays at a school. Vic stayed longer than your average WBB HC.

We were lucky!

This is true. It's not like they both got us going a little bit and then jumped ship after 3 years. If you can get 8 years out of a coach it's hard to be too upset. I think we will end up with a good WBB coach due to what Schaefer did for us. That is if Cohen doesn't screw it up.

Jarius
04-09-2020, 01:32 PM
This is true. It's not like they both got us going a little bit and then jumped ship after 3 years. If you can get 8 years out of a coach it's hard to be too upset. I think we will end up with a good WBB coach due to what Schaefer did for us. That is if Cohen doesn't screw it up.

Cohen has hired a baseball coach who won more games than any first year head coach in SEC history and Mike Leach. His softball hire was also lighting it up this year. Canni was a bad hire but it was not because he couldn't coach. The only truly bad hire he made was Moorhead, and that hire was praised by everyone when it happened. I don't trust Cohen with a lot other things in the day to day operations but he knows how to hire good coaches. That part I don't worry about.