PDA

View Full Version : Hudspeth question

Jdawg
11-03-2013, 12:28 PM
For those in the know, has HUD actually been approached and is this a real possibility or is everyone just wishing this would happen?

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 12:31 PM
I doubt hes been approached right now because the season isn't over yet but if he is not one of the top candidates then Strick needs to catch the first bus outta Starkville with Dan too

Op4isabitch
11-03-2013, 12:48 PM
I doubt he's been officially contacted but I can guarantee you that he and his agent are well aware of the growing swell of support he has from MSU fans.

was21
11-03-2013, 01:18 PM
MSU fans on message boards which may constitute a vocal minority only.

Coach34
11-03-2013, 01:20 PM
For those in the know, has HUD actually been approached and is this a real possibility or is everyone just wishing this would happen?

He was approached before the season even started- unofficially of course.

He has some other ops now too though- he is by no means a lock if we fire Mullen.

Op4isabitch
11-03-2013, 01:24 PM
MSU fans on message boards which may constitute a vocal minority only.

No it's not only fans on message boards, I can promise you that much. A couple of deep pockets are very interested in Hudspeth. I know of two of them here in my area.

Coach34
11-03-2013, 01:37 PM
No it's not only fans on message boards, I can promise you that much. A couple of deep pockets are very interested in Hudspeth. I know of two of them here in my area.

Yep- it's much more than just message boards. We may be headed for a booster vs admin battle. That's why I want Mullen to get to 6 and it's all moot

maroonmania
11-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Yep- it's much more than just message boards. We may be headed for a booster vs admin battle. That's why I want Mullen to get to 6 and it's all moot

Yes, and the last time we went down that road we got Rick Ray instead of a different candidate. Of course the boosters will be much more up in arms over being bucked in a football hire than a basketball hire if we end up going down that road. Hopefully Mullen can show before the season ends that he is deserving of keeping the job but I am definitely starting to lose faith at this point.

engie
11-03-2013, 02:14 PM
He has some other ops now too though- he is by no means a lock if we fire Mullen.

Disagree. IF we fire Mullen, Hud will already be on board.

engie
11-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Why is the status quo a good thing?

Booster/admin battle on a football coaching search = new administration. Those boosters have oversight on both boards that handle hiring/firing. They are Strick and Keenum's bosses.

I'm not saying that Mullen is the whole problem. He's not. Not by a long shot. But he IS a problem at this point.

AROB44
11-03-2013, 02:41 PM
And he (HUD) will most likely be fired after his 5th or 6th year. That is the historical pattern.

SPMT
11-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Mullen isn't getting fired as of the current situation. And indication is he won't unless he pulls a petrino or NCAA shit.

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Mullen isn't getting fired as of the current situation. And indication is he won't unless he pulls a petrino or NCAA shit.

you're a good poster but this is misinformation that's being put out by the administration. Actions speak louder than words and their actions are very clear.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 09:52 PM
you're a good poster but this is misinformation that's being put out by the administration. Actions speak louder than words and their actions are very clear.

So what exactly has the administration done to this point

preachermatt83
11-03-2013, 09:55 PM
The money already knows how interested Hud is. They begin to gauge his interest before the season even started.

engie
11-03-2013, 09:59 PM
I never understand the argument that things could get worse as a valid reason to hold the status quo when the status quo isn't good enough for the majority of fans. Moving on is a gamble. But you never get better without taking chances.

If it gets worse -- you rinse and repeat until it gets better.

We're in transition to a "have" right now financially. We're getting out from under some of the limitations of the past -- that shouldn't be allowed to define our future.

Todd4State
11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
I never understand the argument that things could get worse as a valid reason to hold the status quo when the status quo isn't good enough for the majority of fans. Moving on is a gamble. But you never get better without taking chances.

If it gets worse -- you rinse and repeat until it gets better.

We're in transition to a "have" right now financially. We're getting out from under some of the limitations of the past -- that shouldn't be allowed to define our future.

Staying status quo is what almost ruined our baseball program under Polk II. We're way too nice to coaches that have had production in the past but no longer appear to have what it takes to move us forward- and coaching is a profession where being "fired" is different than say a salesman being fired.

C222
11-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes, and the last time we went down that road we got Rick Ray instead of a different candidate. Of course the boosters will be much more up in arms over being bucked in a football hire than a basketball hire if we end up going down that road. Hopefully Mullen can show before the season ends that he is deserving of keeping the job but I am definitely starting to lose faith at this point.

Some of our boosters wanted Kenny Payne. Yeah, much better

Behrdawg
11-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Cruisin the gulf on a yacht is always fun

messageboardsuperhero
11-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Staying status quo is what almost ruined our baseball program under Polk II. We're way too nice to coaches that have had production in the past but no longer appear to have what it takes to move us forward- and coaching is a profession where being "fired" is different than say a salesman being fired.

We kept Polk around too long, and it took years for Cohen to recover from it.

We also kept Stans around after seeing signs of the program going down the shitter. It will take years for Ray to fully revover, if/when he does.

For as every Spurrier/Beamer example people give about how we need to be patient, I can give two examples of why it's good to be proactive when a program begins to go downhill in a coach's fifth year.

dawgoneyall
11-03-2013, 11:32 PM
The status quo put our program on a downward spiral under Polk I. I am one of those who saw it "happening" in the mid-nineties. Needless to say I am not a Polk worshiper. Coach Gregory started MSU baseball and Polk ran with what he had started (the Polk made MSU baseball pisses me off).....but he ran only has far as his ability would allow.

CliffDawg39339
11-04-2013, 03:52 PM
This guy had us finishing third in the west ahead of aTm and ole miss finishing dead last of course. He wants us to win six so we can avoid this issue. I just don't understand this rationale. If someone as in the know as coach really cares about the school why would he want this to be dragged out another year. Sounds to me like booster vs admin is long overdue. Our fan base has on blinders.

PMDawg
11-04-2013, 04:48 PM
And he (HUD) will most likely be fired after his 5th or 6th year. That is the historical pattern.

This is true at 95% of schools. What's your point? Can you name me a coach in our history (football) that we fired too early? Because I can name a bunch that we fired too late.