PDA

View Full Version : Here are 2 WBB coaches from the SEC I relaly like

R2Dawg
04-07-2020, 11:29 AM
Nicki Fargas from LSU and the coach from Auburn, don't remember her name. Like the way both those teams played with toughness, D and they played as a team. I think either could come here and take the next step and even be a final destination for either. They could be the Dawn Staley at MSU.

Dawg2003
04-07-2020, 11:32 AM
Hell no. They are both mediocre to bad coaches. They also have zero clue as to how to run an offense.

KentuckyDawg13
04-07-2020, 11:34 AM
Personally would like to stay away from SEC coaches other than Harris. One name that I find intriguing is Gail Goestenkors. She hasn't coached since 2015 (Indiana Fever) but her record esp @ Duke is impressive.

R2Dawg
04-07-2020, 11:35 AM
Hell no. They are both mediocre to bad coaches. They also have zero clue as to how to run an offense.

Everyone has their opinion but they kicked out tail in close loses with half the talent. They outhustled us most of the time, we out talented them. Did you watch them play us last year? Both coaches are class acts on top of that.

ScoobaDawg
04-07-2020, 11:47 AM
Sorry I can't take your opinion seriously if you can't even remember the coaches name. and no. just because they played us good for one half doesn't mean they are that good against an extremely young team.

I trust in John. but feel you either pull a top 10 sitting head coach or give it to Johnny.

Dawg2003
04-07-2020, 11:52 AM
Everyone has their opinion but they kicked out tail in close loses with half the talent. They outhustled us most of the time, we out talented them. Did you watch them play us last year? Both coaches are class acts on top of that.

Yes, I watched those games. Have you looked at the body of work of these coaches?

Irondawg
04-07-2020, 11:54 AM
I don't care for Goestenkors - go look at her Texas tenure. Not sure what happened there but she was not impressive after Duke for whatever reason.

I agree that I really liked the way Auburn played last year - coach info is here. Great success as Georgetown and then really up and down at Auburn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Williams-Flournoy

Old Dominion coach and ex USC-East assistant Nikki McCray-Penson is getting some traction as a candidate. Here's a video interview of her - really turned Old Dominion around.

https://youtu.be/n3wN7MxA9mM

R2Dawg
04-07-2020, 12:03 PM
Sorry I can't take your opinion seriously if you can't even remember the coaches name. and no. just because they played us good for one half doesn't mean they are that good against an extremely young team.

I trust in John. but feel you either pull a top 10 sitting head coach or give it to Johnny.

I agree let John do his job and I would go after one of top WBB HC in the country too. I never said hire the two I mentioned; just said I like what I've seen of them and their teams particularly last season.

I understand you not wanting to take an opinion seriously about the name part. I could have googled her name and it wouldn't have changed anything in my post but make you feel better. Aub and LSU in regular season both played us to the wire, Aub to OT. They out played us.

Not saying those two are the best options, just said I like them. I am a basketball guy (played at high level and coached some) and I watch the game a little different than most. No I don't follow WBB outside of MSU so I don't follow LSU or Aub. Liked what I saw when they played MSU though.

If we can't pull in a top HC, then maybe give it to JH if that is what it takes to hold team together. I've not seen enough of her to know if she is cut for it.

VandelayIndustries
04-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Hell no on Fargas, she has made them middle of the road SEC team

MaroonFlounder
04-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Louisville is where the university plane is right now, is what I'm hearing. Walz May have an offer on the table.

Irondawg
04-08-2020, 02:11 PM
I think it's:

1) Walz

2a) Harris

2b) McCrary

If Walz says no it's an interview war between Harris and McCrary

That's my best guess

KOdawg1
04-08-2020, 02:22 PM
I think it'll end up being McCray. Walz will use is for a payday, and then we'll choose McCray. She's already followed John and all of our players on twitter

Dawg2003
04-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Walz is like Mullen. His name comes up in every coaching search. He obviously wants his name floated out there.

basedog
04-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Walz is in the $1.5 million range at Louisville, not sure how much more we would be willing to pay him, not sure another million would do the trick. I do think if he says no it will be McCray.

AROB44
04-08-2020, 03:30 PM
Well....McCray is my first choice. Think we are wasting our time with Walz.

State82
04-09-2020, 01:10 PM
Walz is in the $1.5 million range at Louisville, not sure how much more we would be willing to pay him, not sure another million would do the trick. I do think if he says no it will be McCray.

Sounds like it is down to those two, according to report just announced by Matt Wyatt.

TALL DAWG
04-09-2020, 07:48 PM
Sounds like it is down to those two, according to report just announced by Matt Wyatt.

So, is Mitchell from UK not even a candidate?