PDA

View Full Version : Football transfers are a good thing

BeastMan
04-07-2020, 09:29 AM
I?m so ready for Leach year 3 when the team has a different attitude similar to the Mullen years. Right now the bad seeds are leaving. But even the guys that are staying, some of those guys are so entitled and starved for attention. Complain complain complain. Do these guys not understand they went 6-7 last year? That?s a losing record. That season was a failure. What does that entitle you to? I wish all our guys had Aaron Brule?s leadership qualities. Rant over

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 09:33 AM
I?m so ready for Leach year 3 when the team has a different attitude similar to the Mullen years. Right now the bad seeds are leaving. But even the guys that are staying, some of those guys are so entitled and starved for attention. Complain complain complain. Do these guys not understand they went 6-7 last year? That?s a losing record. That season was a failure. What does that entitle you to? I wish all our guys had Aaron Brule?s leadership qualities. Rant over

100%!!!

MSU will have a talented roster but it has to be the right guys or we can't win

We’ll lose some but with every transfer, the opportunity opens up to get a “Leach guy”

What’s frustrating is that Joe created this and some of the transfers aren’t bad kids but rather players that didn’t learn the right way to do things at that critical point early their careers where habits are formed. I'm fully convinced that JoMo ruined some players' careers.

The complaining ads need for attention is an insecurity and a need for coddling.

BeastMan
04-07-2020, 09:40 AM
I agree shotgun. The culture of the program eroded completely in 2 years. It’s currently being reinstated. In regards to Lovette in particular, dude was always out of shape and wasn’t adjusting to the current culture. Mark my words, that guy will gain 30-50 lbs before he gets to his new school and won’t be effective next year. He’s an NFL talent but I don’t see that coming to fruition.

FISHDAWG
04-07-2020, 09:48 AM
agree here .... I wanna see some Dillion Day kinda attitude come back to this team

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 09:49 AM
I agree shotgun. The culture of the program eroded completely in 2 years. It’s currently being reinstated. In regards to Lovette in particular, dude was always out of shape and wasn’t adjusting to the current culture. Mark my words, that guy will gain 30-50 lbs before he gets to his new school and won’t be effective next year. He’s an NFL talent but I don’t see that coming to fruition.

I agree.

What's frustrating though is I believe if Lovett would've been under Mullen's culture or came in under Leach's culture, he may have "converted" to doing things the right way. Instead, it's highly likely that he'll never reach his ceiling simply because he started his career in his impressionable seasons under a poor culture with bad leadership.

We always used to get mad at Mullen for sitting guys like Josh Robinson & at times playing the lesser talented guy, but it should be clear to everyone at this point in time that there was a method to Mullen's madness with that & he was right.

The key is getting multiple Josh Robinson type players so that there is competition in practice & when you sit the guy that won't do right, you replace him with a similar talent. That's what drives Bama & Georgia

TNDawg35
Exactly!! The only thing wrong right now is ?some? people are using Leaches tweet as an excuse to not make it be about them can?t cutting it.

I have also heard a couple QBs who have told some people they are leaving...

ShotgunDawg
agree here .... I wanna see some Dillion Day kinda attitude come back to this team

Yup. It's coming. It'll be here before you know it & with our increased WR & QB recruiting, I think we've got a chance to win bigger than we ever have

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Exactly!! The only thing wrong right now is ?some? people are using Leaches tweet as an excuse to not make it be about them can?t cutting it.

I have also heard a couple QBs who have told some people they are leaving...

Then leave....

With Costello, Rogers, & now Robertson & Greek coming in, we're good at QB.

Leach has transformed that room in record time

1bigdawg
04-07-2020, 09:57 AM

Beast, I believe you are probably right about Lovett. However, he was primarily a "black shirt" during the short time he was in the Leach program. He is apparently not afraid to work.

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 10:08 AM
In regards to Lovett, does anyone know why he wanted to leave MSU (tweet isn't the reason)?

BeastMan
04-07-2020, 10:09 AM
In regards to Lovett, does anyone know why he wanted to leave MSU (tweet isn't the reason)?

The rumor is he’s been getting shopped since JoMo left

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 10:11 AM

IDK if I believe that rumor because I doubt a player would be willing to sacrifice a year of eligibility for a little cash.

Wouldn't make any sense from a career perspective

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 10:16 AM
Anybody know who the starter is that is considering transferring?

Eiland would make some sense due to Lashley & Cross

Jack Lambert
04-07-2020, 10:22 AM
There was going to be a mass defection after spring training. Many were waiting around to see where they were going fit in. Since no spring practice they are bolting. I do think a few will stay around that might have transferred. The tweet has nothing to do with guys being lazy and not wanting to change attitude ir sistem.. Just my dumbass opinion.

BeastMan
04-07-2020, 10:33 AM
IDK if I believe that rumor because I doubt a player would be willing to sacrifice a year of eligibility for a little cash.

Wouldn't make any sense from a career perspective

The rumor doesn’t involve the player himself getting anything

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 10:33 AM
I keep wondering if we'll pick up any Wazzou transfers.

Would be nice to have a few players on the roster that knew Leach's expectations & help set the culture

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 10:34 AM
The rumor doesn’t involve the player himself getting anything

So the dad would sacrifice a year of the his son's eligibility for a few bucks?

Also, the going rate for a 3 star DT that is losing a year of eligibility can't be much.

In fact, why would anyone pay for that all? Just go pay to get a JUCO guy with the same amount of eligibility & can play this coming season.

MedDawg
04-07-2020, 10:35 AM

In December Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance". That was after the Egg Bowl win and we had a bowl game still coming up. He has been looking to leave for a while.

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 10:37 AM
In December Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance". That was after the Egg Bowl win and we had a bowl game still coming up. He has been looking to leave for a while.

I wonder what his issue is?

He said that before Arnett's new scheme was hired, before JoMo was gone, & while he was a starter.

I'm just curious what his real reasons are

thf24
04-07-2020, 10:41 AM
So the dad would sacrifice a year of the his son's eligibility for a few bucks?

Also, the going rate for a 3 star DT that is losing a year of eligibility can't be much.

In fact, why would anyone pay for that all? Just go pay to get a JUCO guy with the same amount of eligibility & can play this coming season.

In hindsight of past cases, the handlers seeking paydays seem to lack the awareness to think any further ahead than the immediate cash prospect.

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 10:47 AM
In hindsight of past cases, the handlers seeking paydays seem to lack the awareness to think any further ahead than the immediate cash prospect.

I agree, but I can't imagine there was any reasonably good money on the table for his services.

3 star DT, serviceable starter but not a difference maker, losing a year of eligibility, & a track record of makeup concerns.

I can't imagine someone offering that guy much more than a month's rent

Fabian Lovett is a solid player but the type that any SEC program should be able to reasonably recruit without having to go through the hassle of buying a player on another team

NWADAWG
04-07-2020, 11:02 AM
I agree, but I can't imagine there was any reasonably good money on the table for his services.

3 star DT, serviceable starter but not a difference maker, losing a year of eligibility, & a track record of makeup concerns.

I can't imagine someone offering that guy much more than a month's rent

Fabian Lovett is a solid player but the type that any SEC program should be able to reasonably recruit without having to go through the hassle of buying a player on another team

Maybe buying a player like him from another program is cheaper than buying them on the open market during recruiting season.

If you assume that everyone is cheating and paying players, then it becomes a business value game. You would get less years of use for your investment but you would get more of a known product. How you value that ROI would depend on a lot of factors.

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Maybe buying a player like him from another program is cheaper than buying them on the open market during recruiting season.

If you assume that everyone is cheating and paying players, then it becomes a business value game. You would get less years of use for your investment but you would get more of a known product. How you value that ROI would depend on a lot of factors.

Yeah, but since it's cheaper, why would the player sacrifice a year of eligibility for cheap money?

I think there is more to this. I think he just wasn't happy at MSU for some reason that we don't know about

Maybe his teammates hated him? IDK

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 11:28 AM
Interesting..... Leach "liked" this tweet.

ZedFedder
04-07-2020, 11:30 AM
Leach is like Mullen in the sense that he really doesn’t care much what most people think. His methods are proven over the last 18 years. Count me as one who isn’t worried.

NWADAWG
04-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Yeah, but since it's cheaper, why would the player sacrifice a year of eligibility for cheap money?

I think there is more to this. I think he just wasn't happy at MSU for some reason that we don't know about

A new dodge charger is cheaper than a f150 king ranch. $30k is cheaper than $50k. I have never been recruited by an SEC team and don't know what cheaper and more are in SEC football reference but my guess is more than a couple hundred bucks. I would guess that more money is up front lump sums and less ongoing payments for players so maybe it's about getting another lump sum.

Also, the ROI goes both ways.

Maybe he doesn't like his odd of shining in the new scheme.
Maybe he doesn't like his odds against upcoming competition with limited interior line play.
Maybe he doesn't like Leach or one of the new assistants.
Maybe he doesn't like the stricter policies on and off the field.
Maybe he's a delusional kid that's had rainbow blown up his but his whole life and is now having trouble dealing with hard honesty.
Maybe he's a great kid that just wants a change.
Maybe some girl crapped on him and he wants to get away.
Maybe we told him to take a hike because we didn't like the ROI we were getting.

Who knows what all is contributing to him leaving? But most all life decisions are about risk and reward / ROI when you boil down to the bare truth. And yes, I understand that money is not the only thing that people invest. For some reason, he sees his ROI being better somewhere else and some school will make the deal.

gtowndawg
04-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Interesting..... Leach "liked" this tweet.

I noticed that too. Maybe Leech's way of saying "see ya"??

1bigdawg
04-07-2020, 04:01 PM
A new dodge charger is cheaper than a f150 king ranch. $30k is cheaper than $50k. I have never been recruited by an SEC team and don't know what cheaper and more are in SEC football reference but my guess is more than a couple hundred bucks. I would guess that more money is up front lump sums and less ongoing payments for players so maybe it's about getting another lump sum.

Also, the ROI goes both ways.

Maybe he doesn't like his odd of shining in the new scheme. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"
Maybe he doesn't like his odds against upcoming competition with limited interior line play. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"
Maybe he doesn't like Leach or one of the new assistants. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"
Maybe he doesn't like the stricter policies on and off the field. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"
Maybe he's a delusional kid that's had rainbow blown up his but his whole life and is now having trouble dealing with hard honesty. Maybe
Maybe he's a great kid that just wants a change. Maybe
Maybe some girl crapped on him and he wants to get away. Maybe
Maybe we told him to take a hike because we didn't like the ROI we were getting. On December 7, Lovett tweeted "I should have left Mississippi when I had the chance"

Who knows what all is contributing to him leaving? But most all life decisions are about risk and reward / ROI when you boil down to the bare truth. And yes, I understand that money is not the only thing that people invest. For some reason, he sees his ROI being better somewhere else and some school will make the deal.

Who knows is correct, but let's remember that he was looking for a way "out of Mississipp" on December 7th.

HoopsDawg
04-07-2020, 10:13 PM

He's not going to lose a year of eligibilty no matter how many times you post. He will be playing somewhere this season if we have a season.

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 10:26 PM
He's not going to lose a year of eligibilty no matter how many times you post. He will be playing somewhere this season if we have a season.

Maybe, maybe not. But anyone trying to buy him wouldn’t have known that