PDA

View Full Version : I'm Realizing that We Will Have to Battle Wolken With Leach As Our Coach

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2020, 08:57 PM
Anybody got a back story here?

It's pretty well established that Wolken is a far left winger, but is his only reason for disliking Leach based on politics or is there an actual incident?

I'm also slowly realizing that Leach coming to the SEC is about like throwing gas on a fire

The first response is pretty good

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2020, 09:01 PM
Never mind, one of the responses showcased the reason Wolken hates Leach

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2020, 09:03 PM
Leach's rebuttal....

Wow, these two really got history. Gonna need Rosebowl to mediate

Big4Dawg
04-06-2020, 09:05 PM
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Brevyn-Jones-115475/RecruitInterests/

Just a year ago, we were his only P5 offer. Now FSU is interested? What about his redshirt year impressed them I wonder.

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2020, 09:06 PM

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2020, 09:06 PM
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Brevyn-Jones-115475/RecruitInterests/

Just a year ago, we were his only P5 offer. Now FSU is interested? What about his redshirt year impressed them I wonder.

Norvell seems to be recruiting a number of G5 types that he was already recruiting at Memphis.

Look no further than taking Almeyer's commitment

dawgday166
04-06-2020, 09:12 PM
I see over last couple of days that ... Shotgun has awoken from his slumber. Lord help us ******

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2020, 09:33 PM
I see over last couple of days that ... Shotgun has awoken from his slumber. Lord help us ******

#quarantinelife

confucius say
04-06-2020, 10:19 PM
Wolken still has sand in his panties because after he and leach got into it 2.5 years ago leach challenged him to a debate and wolken caved.

Irondawg
04-06-2020, 11:14 PM
Loved when Wolken was harassing Freeze - now not caring for him as much

Todd4State
04-07-2020, 12:40 AM
Here's the deal with Leach.

He's eccentric and we all knew that when we hired him. And because he is eccentric he is going to be brilliantly hilarious at times and at the same time there are going to be people that don't get it and take things out of context and usually it's someone like that sociology professor. In short- we're probably going to have to deal with this kind of thing once or twice a year with Leach. We didn't have to deal with this with Dan and Joe because they were not as eccentric.

The thing about it is Leach is also going to win a ton of football games here and that's really what I care the MOST about. He's like Jackie in that regard in that Jackie would do stuff that would get the media's attention like castrate a bull on a practice field. However Leach has a LOT more friends in the media than he does Dan Wolken's. Leach is very likable and is generally perceived by the media positively. But yeah- I can tell you right now he's going to call out the Clarion-Ledger at some point. He'll get along with most of the MSU media because they're going to lob up softball questions like "Coach- that touchdown pass from Costello to Malik Heath to win the game- would you say that was the biggest play of the game?" And then David Murray will ask him a question about Geronimo or the Boer Rebellion or something. At any rate- we're going to win football games and we're probably going to upset some SEC big boys every now and then like we did with Jackie so it's going to be a fun ride. But we're going to have to deal with Leach being eccentric and things like this happening from time to time on the ride too.

The thing about it is this whole incident probably will have the OPPOSITE effect on the team than the "woke" people think. Because Leach is one of US now and he's on our team. When people call out people on your team even if it's warranted or not that can rally people to support their teammate. I mean if you're a player from that perspective to a degree I think they understand that these coaches are all trying to help them achieve their dreams of playing in the NFL and if that doesn't happen these coaches are preparing them to have a good life after football with the degree that they will earn. I think a lot of players are very appreciative of that even if most of them weren't recruited by Leach he's still trying to help them achieve their goals in life. So someone like Lovett and Dan Wolken taking pot shots at him is probably not going to be received very well by our players and for most of them will want to make them work even harder for him.

TUSK
04-07-2020, 02:13 AM
I see several similarities between y'all's new guy and my old (current) guy...

I'm not finding much ED poster reconciliation regarding the disparate shift in 'tude towards either, however...

AROB44
04-07-2020, 07:13 AM
It's pretty well established that Wolken is a far left winger, but is his only reason for disliking Leach based on politics or is there an actual incident?

And how is this determined and what does it have to do with sports? Politics do not belong on here.

Dawgface
04-07-2020, 08:09 AM
Who cares what that dipshit has to say.....

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 08:30 AM

And how is this determined and what does it have to do with sports? Politics do not belong on here.

It’s clear when you read through his twitter and it directly effects his opinions on sports

Todd4State
04-07-2020, 08:48 AM
I see several similarities between y'all's new guy and my old (current) guy...

I'm not finding much ED poster reconciliation regarding the disparate shift in 'tude towards either, however...

Has Saban had problems with Wolken too?

was21
04-07-2020, 08:51 AM
Politics also don't belong in Leach's tweets.

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2020, 08:54 AM

Why not?

I didn’t say politics don’t belong in Wolken’s tweets. Just said he’s far left

Quaoarsking
04-07-2020, 09:27 AM
There are dozens of prominent conservative coaches out there that Wolken doesn't feud with, and dozens of prominent liberal national sportswriters who don't feud with Leach. Whatever it is, I think it's a little deeper than political affiliation.

Obviously I have always been on Leach's side through this when most people here and on SPS thought he was an idiot and terrible coach who could never win in the SEC. Glad everyone is on board.

AROB44
04-07-2020, 09:53 AM

Agree....keep your political beliefs to yourself. A high profile head coach needs to completely stay away from injecting politics to public statements. And, Gun....would you feel the same if Leach was "left leaning"?

TUSK
04-07-2020, 10:35 AM
Nope. But he?s had blowups with em (reporters) before when they ask a dumb (or the same) question over & over....

Leach is similar to MDL in that regard, imo.

smootness
04-07-2020, 10:55 AM
LOL yeah, because where a coach is broadcasting his Zoom meetings from matters.

This pandemic is one of the only times your location doesn't matter at all to anyone. You're as far away from your next door neighbor in your home in Starkville as you are in Key West.

Jarius
04-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Why not?

I didn?t say politics don?t belong in Wolken?s tweets. Just said he?s far left

Because the people he recruits think anyone that supports the president is a racist. As ridiculous as that is, it's the world he has to recruit in.

Percho
04-07-2020, 11:36 AM
If I were coach I would only recruit publicans.

HancockCountyDog
04-07-2020, 11:55 AM
Loved when Wolken was harassing Freeze - now not caring for him as much

This is where I stand.

was21
04-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Because his damn tweets are a lightning rod for controversy and it is ill fitting with the position he holds.

R2Dawg
04-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Agree....keep your political beliefs to yourself. A high profile head coach needs to completely stay away from injecting politics to public statements. And, Gun....would you feel the same if Leach was "left leaning"?

CML is going to say what he wants, accept that. Saying left or right, is not bringing up politics, just an observation. I can tell right off just by that response where people stand - left or right. I won't go any further, you know who you are.

AROB44
04-07-2020, 12:46 PM
CML is going to say what he wants, accept that. Saying left or right, is not bringing up politics, just an observation. I can tell right off just by that response where people stand - left or right. I won't go any further, you know who you are.

if that means you know where I stand, you probably are incorrect.

Mobile Bay
04-07-2020, 01:54 PM

Then you really ain't going to be happy with our coach.

https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougars-football/2016/5/7/11616746/mike-leach-endorses-donald-trump-at-spokane-rally