PDA

View Full Version : MSU and coaches and a unique position we are in

R2Dawg
04-06-2020, 07:49 PM
So many have bashed Starkville and even MSU for never being a starting spot. I disagree. Yes we are a great launch pad for early career go getters. I think Vic could have ended his career here but the call home to TX, either he or his family, was just too much. Vic fits the mold for a coach that could end his career here. Yes I know he didn't but. People change when they get a little older. If Joe had been successful he was gone at first opportunity similar to Dan and so will any young coach that comes in here - save baseball and we have a chance in WBB.

Jackie Sherril made his last stop at MSU and possibly the best coach in MSU history. Not starting that debate here. Ron Polk is another. Point is coaches that have had some success and older in years 10-15 years left may find the pace of Starkville and the Family at MSU just right.

I could see Leech if he has some success making a long stay here until he decides to retire in Key West and go around doing stand up routines or writing books or something. Howland is about to do the same thing probably. Baseball we are already a destination school. I think we can be in WBB too.

So guys it can happen at MSU with the right hire.