PDA

View Full Version : Sports returning

Dawgfan77
04-06-2020, 12:51 PM
Contrary to some chicken littles on here sports will be returning soon. Looking to late May early June for baseball and golf. PGA,US open , Masters all have new dates for fall

Good news!!

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 01:07 PM
Contrary to some chicken littles on here sports will be returning soon. Looking to late May early June for baseball and golf. PGA,US open , Masters all have new dates for fall

Good news!!

I just don't see it until a vaccine is approved, which could be this time next year.

Think of the lawsuits that would happen if we got back to normal and people were infected.

Dawgology
04-06-2020, 01:11 PM
Vaccine or treatment. I believe treatment will be available LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG before a vaccine. There is encouraging news on that front just today with Ivermectine appearing to kill Coronavirus in 48 hours in a lab setting. It's already used in humans regularly. Human trials appear to be starting this week.

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 01:15 PM
Vaccine or treatment. I believe treatment will be available LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG before a vaccine. There is encouraging news on that front just today with Ivermectine appearing to kill Coronavirus in 48 hours in a lab setting. It's already used in humans regularly. Human trials appear to be starting this week.

The deep state doesn't want a treatment this quick. Fauci is in the pockets of some big money influencers. This is a population control measure that is taking place. The signs are everywhere.

FISHDAWG
04-06-2020, 01:25 PM
The deep state doesn't want a treatment this quick. Fauci is in the pockets of some big money influencers. This is a population control measure that is taking place. The signs are everywhere.

I think this thing is bigger than Fauci

MrKotter
04-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Thank you! This thing will end much sooner once Fauci's punk ass is gone. The dude was dirty under Obama and he's still dirty.

bluelightstar
04-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Oh goodness, we've got Fauci truthers

Turfdawg67
04-06-2020, 01:54 PM
Thank you! This thing will end much sooner once Fauci's punk ass is gone. The dude was dirty under Obama and he's still dirty.

Hahahahahahaha! Go back to SPS... you fit in better.

Turfdawg67
04-06-2020, 01:56 PM
I just don't see it until a vaccine is approved, which could be this time next year.

Think of the lawsuits that would happen if we got back to normal and people were infected.

Welp. Guess that makes you a "chicken little" according to the OP.

Dawgology
04-06-2020, 02:16 PM

Hold on, let me go grab my tinfoil hat. Better be careful or the aliens are going to read your brain signals and report you to the reptilian high command in DC.

smootness
04-06-2020, 02:39 PM
We will go back to at least relative normal long before we have a vaccine.

If we waited until we had a vaccine, a huge % of our population would die.

msstate7
04-06-2020, 02:40 PM

Think we'll see any braves' baseball?

smootness
04-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Think we'll see any braves' baseball?

Don't know. I think MLB will have to be back no later than basically the All-Star break to have a season. They could have a shortened season, postpone the WS a couple weeks, and get it in. Anything later than that, and I just can't see it.

Commercecomet24
04-06-2020, 02:57 PM

This.

ETA and a huge % of our economy would be die as well.

archdog
04-06-2020, 03:08 PM

I am now dumber having read this.

MrKotter
04-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Hahahahahahaha! Go back to SPS... you fit in better.
Keep that ignorant head buried and continue being lead around.

dantheman4248
04-06-2020, 03:13 PM
I'm the one who's been called chicken little on here so I'm assuming you're talking to me. I literally said best case scenario is Memorial Day and most likely Father's Day to July 4th for a "reopening" of sorts.

So your shot at chicken little... agreed with me. This is actually a shot at the supreme optimists that think we can reopen by May 1.

deadheaddawg
04-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Holy hell.

There are some dumbass conspiracy minded idiots on this board. The deep state lol

I just pray y'all don't have kids. It would be damn near child abuse to be raised by such a idiot

MrKotter
04-06-2020, 03:18 PM
I am now dumber having read this.

Dude is actually correct. I see why MS is considered to have the dumbest of the dumb. Do a little research and find out who Fauci really is instead of having NBC/CNN tell you he's great. You are the stupid one here and not maroonfliunder.

deadheaddawg
04-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Dude is actually correct. I see why MS is considered to have the dumbest of the dumb. Do a little research and find out who Fauci really is instead of having NBC/CNN tell you he's great. You are the stupid one here and not maroonfliunder.

lolz

dantheman4248
04-06-2020, 03:21 PM
It's literally sad that people are toeing the line of thinking that Fauci is the guy to blame here. He's just one pawn and hell the guy at least gives a damn about Americans. Working 20 hour days and trying to help. There's so many other people that need to go in front of him from this disaster. I just honestly don't understand how he is becoming the boogeyman for this. (Note: This is not an endorsement of him or saying everything he says is golden. Just that he's so very clearly this administration's fall guy to keep you distracted from all the money they've made off selling stocks and having shadow company control the test kit market in the US. Never let a good tragedy go to waste.)

deadheaddawg
04-06-2020, 03:23 PM
I think bigfoot probably got the virus from eating the lochness monster. I guess he is called Yeti in china. But I am pretty sure the virus went from Lochness to yeti then to a black panther then to humans

MrKotter
04-06-2020, 03:35 PM
It's literally sad that people are toeing the line of thinking that Fauci is the guy to blame here. He's just one pawn and hell the guy at least gives a damn about Americans. Working 20 hour days and trying to help. There's so many other people that need to go in front of him from this disaster. I just honestly don't understand how he is becoming the boogeyman for this. (Note: This is not an endorsement of him or saying everything he says is golden. Just that he's so very clearly this administration's fall guy to keep you distracted from all the money they've made off selling stocks and having shadow company control the test kit market in the US. Never let a good tragedy go to waste.)

All you have to do is read up on the guy. He's not this Superman you people believe he is

archdog
04-06-2020, 03:49 PM
We will not be cleared for sporting events unless 1 or more of the following are met.

1. We have a worldwide vaccine and everyone is innoculated.
2. A very large portion of our population has had the virus and has recovered and cleared to join back to society.
3. Our numbers have dropped. Testing is continuous and immediate. We gain the ability to track infected people and who they have been in contact with, etc.

Until those things happen, we are not going to have large gatherings of any kind.

Cooterpoot
04-06-2020, 03:52 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be late June, early July before we see things start moving much on the sports scene.

archdog
04-06-2020, 03:53 PM

Enlighten me then. FAUCI has spent his entire life fighting infectious deseases. For the greater good. A man of his talents and intellect could have made 4 fortunes in the amount of time he spent on the front lines against H1N1 and ebola.

Give me a reason to doubt his scientific experience, please.

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 03:53 PM
I think bigfoot probably got the virus from eating the lochness monster. I guess he is called Yeti in china. But I am pretty sure the virus went from Lochness to yeti then to a black panther then to humans

Laugh away. A friend of my dad's worked in a couple of high-level positions. We were talking about some scenarios that I (skeptic to the bone at the time) joked about could actually happen one day. (minus the mythical creature angle that you've concocted ). He looked me straight in the eyes and said "One day some things will come to light and it will hit you and everyone else like a ton of bricks".

We may be closing in on "that day"

archdog
04-06-2020, 03:54 PM
Dude is not correct. It may be the single dumbest thing I have read on the internet.

Dawgology
We will not be cleared for sporting events unless 1 or more of the following are met.

1. We have a worldwide vaccine and everyone is innoculated.
2. A very large portion of our population has had the virus and has recovered and cleared to join back to society.
3. Our numbers have dropped. Testing is continuous and immediate. We gain the ability to track infected people and who they have been in contact with, etc.

Until those things happen, we are not going to have large gatherings of any kind.

Or until the REAL mortality rate is figured combined with better treatment options. I think that the true mortality rate will end up being well under 1% and with better treatment options plus a lower influx of new patients due to larger group immunity it will drop way down.

Dawgology
Laugh away. A friend of my dad's worked in a couple of high-level positions. We were talking about some scenarios that I (skeptic to the bone at the time) joked about could actually happen one day. (minus the mythical creature angle that you've concocted ). He looked me straight in the eyes and said "One day some things will come to light and it will hit you and everyone else like a ton of bricks".

We may be closing in on "that day"

Like what?

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Enlighten me then. FAUCI has spent his entire life fighting infectious deseases. For the greater good. A man of his talents and intellect could have made 4 fortunes in the amount of time he spent on the front lines against H1N1 and ebola.

Give me a reason to doubt his scientific experience, please.

His extreme reluctance to acknowledge the positive effect of Hydrochloriquine.

archdog
04-06-2020, 03:57 PM
All you have to do is read up on the guy. He's not this Superman you people believe he is

Who said he is Superman? Hell he could be a wife beater and a pedophile for all I know. I do know he is a very qualified scientist that studies infectious deseases. And that sir, is what we need at this moment, regardless of whatever you think you found while sluething on the internet. Considering everyone else in the administration was saying literally 16 hours before the world bought all the toilet paper that is was contained and there was nothing to worry about. Everyone except Fauci

archdog
04-06-2020, 04:03 PM
His extreme reluctance to acknowledge the positive effect of Hydrochloriquine.

Well the only study was limited to like 30 people......so unlike the president, scientist require more data when making a recommendation. When a scientist says something, they try to make it based on tested data and trial results.

To this point, the President himself said a vaccine is close. Two seconds later Fauci reminded people that vaccines are measured in years not weeks, and if everything went great it would be 18 months to 2 years for a vaccine.

Why did he say that? Cause he 17n knows what he is talking about and the President did exactly what I expect a salesman to do. Tell you what you want to hear with zero knowledge about the real world vaccine needs or timeline. Swallow that fake information, salesmen and developers thrive on it. Anything to get the contract signed.

This is not political. I want the President to come through for those in need. There is zero reasons to run down Fauci. If anything, he has been the best voice of reason throughout this tough situation.

MadDawg
04-06-2020, 04:07 PM

You are a much better condescending asshole than a comedian. Stick to your strengths.

archdog
04-06-2020, 04:10 PM
Or until the REAL mortality rate is figured combined with better treatment options. I think that the true mortality rate will end up being well under 1% and with better treatment options plus a lower influx of new patients due to larger group immunity it will drop way down.

I don't see it happening. Hope you are right.
I do and have always believed that the overall mortality rate is pretty much at 1%. The issue is that in the older groups it is hovering around 20%. For younger than 40, it is probably around what the flu is.

gtowndawg
04-06-2020, 04:11 PM
UFC scheduled their next event for April 18 (yes, this April). I assume it's closed but at least we are getting back to something semi-normal. PGA starting to reschedule events as of today as well. Masters Nov 9-15 and the PGA championship looking like first week of August.

deadheaddawg
04-06-2020, 04:14 PM
You are a much better condescending asshole than a comedian. Stick to your strengths.

This deep state shit doesn't deserve even a smidgen of seriousness. It deserves the same level of respect as a flat earther. It is so stupid I cant even be a condescending asshole. I just have to laugh and pray that people like Mr. Knotter and maroonflounder are sterile

shoeless joe
04-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Don't know. I think MLB will have to be back no later than basically the All-Star break to have a season. They could have a shortened season, postpone the WS a couple weeks, and get it in. Anything later than that, and I just can't see it.

I hope to see some scheduled double headers... as Ernie banks would say

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 04:49 PM
This deep state shit doesn't deserve even a smidgen of seriousness. It deserves the same level of respect as a flat earther. It is so stupid I cant even be a condescending asshole. I just have to laugh and pray that people like Mr. Knotter and maroonflounder are sterile

Deep state is just a figure of speech. Call it bureaucrats that have taken their actions one (or several) steps further.

And work on your condescending tone, bro.

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 04:52 PM
Well the only study was limited to like 30 people......so unlike the president, scientist require more data when making a recommendation. When a scientist says something, they try to make it based on tested data and trial results.

To this point, the President himself said a vaccine is close. Two seconds later Fauci reminded people that vaccines are measured in years not weeks, and if everything went great it would be 18 months to 2 years for a vaccine.

Why did he say that? Cause he 17n knows what he is talking about and the President did exactly what I expect a salesman to do. Tell you what you want to hear with zero knowledge about the real world vaccine needs or timeline. Swallow that fake information, salesmen and developers thrive on it. Anything to get the contract signed.

This is not political. I want the President to come through for those in need. There is zero reasons to run down Fauci. If anything, he has been the best voice of reason throughout this tough situation.

I don't think you realize how closely aligned Fauci is with the people that are hell bent on bringing the president down.

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 04:56 PM
Also. I respect Deborah Birx a lot, but her medical license is expired, and I'm not sure why. Maybe just due to being overseas for so much of her work in recent years.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-06-2020, 05:05 PM
Skeeters coming out now... can you catch the Covid from a Skeeter?

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 05:11 PM

Not sure, but due to the rainy winter and early spring, the West Nile is gonna be a bitch this year, with standing water in some areas that don't usually have it.

dantheman4248
04-06-2020, 05:11 PM

Did you even read any of my post?

You're proving the stereotype that Mississippians can't read. If your refuse to even read my post then what the **** are you doing quoting a response to me?

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-06-2020, 05:21 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/premier-league-june-return-without-fans-government-soccer-222213175.html

Add the premier league to sports leagues hoping to get rolling sooner rather than later. In an empty stadium, but it beats nothing at all

Dawgology
04-06-2020, 06:35 PM
I don't see it happening. Hope you are right.
I do and have always believed that the overall mortality rate is pretty much at 1%. The issue is that in the older groups it is hovering around 20%. For younger than 40, it is probably around what the flu is.

What do you not see happening? Better treatment or lower mortality rate? Because both are a given unless this is unlike any pandemic that has ever happened in the history of humankind.

Turfdawg67
04-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Keep that ignorant head buried and continue being lead around.

Never mind, why bother...

Quaoarsking
04-06-2020, 08:19 PM
If Fauci is so corrupt and evil, what does that say about Trump for letting him be in that role? #OnlyTheBestPeople

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 08:20 PM

A Dr. In NY has treated 350 Covid patients with HydroxyChloroquine and Z-pack with a 100% success rate.
A Dr. Zelenko, I think is his name.

Quaoarsking
04-06-2020, 08:24 PM
A Dr. In NY has treated 350 Covid patients with HydroxyChloroquine and Z-pack with a 100% success rate.
A Dr. Zelenko, I think is his name.

Do you really think there's some global conspiracy to keep chloroquine away from people? There are trials going on in multiple countries right now. We'll know soon whether it should be a primary treatment or not, but anecdotal evidence has never cut it in medicine and doesn't now either.

dawgday166
04-06-2020, 08:33 PM

Where is this research? Not sure I'm a deep state guy on this one but ... I am starting to question Fauci some. Birx is the better of the two.

Starting to wonder if Fauci:
a) Likes the attention and wants to be "the man"
b) Is an alarmist about stuff like this. Some folks always scream worst possible scenario.

Having said that, I don't know the answers but would like to read some background on Fauci. And yes, I know Google is my friend but I am fortunate enough to be working 11 to 12 hour days now (on a computer all day but mostly on telecon meetings for like 9 of those) and don't feel like hunting all night long for it. You can pm me with a couple or 3 links if you have them handy ... I would appreciate it mane.

dawgday166
04-06-2020, 08:34 PM

You can catch EVERYTHING from a skeeter *****

dawgday166
04-06-2020, 08:38 PM
Who said he is Superman? Hell he could be a wife beater and a pedophile for all I know. I do know he is a very qualified scientist that studies infectious deseases. And that sir, is what we need at this moment, regardless of whatever you think you found while sluething on the internet. Considering everyone else in the administration was saying literally 16 hours before the world bought all the toilet paper that is was contained and there was nothing to worry about. Everyone except Fauci

Everyone else being both sides of the aisle. Cause anyone who says both sides weren't wrong on this is full of shit.

Commercecomet24
04-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Everyone else being both sides of the aisle. Cause anyone who says both sides weren't wrong on this is full of shit.

Great post!

dantheman4248
04-06-2020, 10:41 PM
https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/major-producer-of-hydroxychloroquine-once-paid-michael-cohen-hefty-sum-for-access-to-trump/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

For the hydroxychloroquine truthers. It's hard to trust a serial liar in Trump on that, especially when he's been blatantly paid to endorse them.

As for the both sides of the aisle argument, yes both sides are bad. The whole point is that there is a **** lot of terrible shit in washington. Someone the swamp grew stronger with the man supposed to drain it. Fauci is the fall guy and someone spouting to be safer than possibly absolutely necessary is NOT the American people's enemy. People who say it's ok to be more risky than that are the one willing to trade lives for "the economy." That's my enemy, and if it isn't yours.... idk what to tell you because at this point your heels are dug in.

dawgday166
04-06-2020, 11:17 PM
Do you really think there's some global conspiracy to keep chloroquine away from people? There are trials going on in multiple countries right now. We'll know soon whether it should be a primary treatment or not, but anecdotal evidence has never cut it in medicine and doesn't now either.

Tell that to Washington when he figured out how to vaccinate his men at Valley Forge to give them a chance to make it thru the winter AND smallpox. If he had waited for a double blind study it would be our Prime Minister in ICU in England now. There are legit success stories for the cloroquin combo.

TheLostDawg
04-07-2020, 12:20 AM
So sports is returning... Certainly can't come soon enough

Todd4State
04-07-2020, 12:46 AM
If Fauci is so corrupt and evil, what does that say about Trump for letting him be in that role? #OnlyTheBestPeople

I don't like Dr. Fauci not because he is corrupt or evil- I don't think he's either/or and I don't buy any conspiracy theories that he's trying to bring down our economy and Trump. Trump obviously doesn't believe it either otherwise he would just fire his ass.

I don't like him because you can't be a million off on something that greatly affects our country and still be lauded as some hero.

Todd4State
04-07-2020, 12:51 AM
https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/major-producer-of-hydroxychloroquine-once-paid-michael-cohen-hefty-sum-for-access-to-trump/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

For the hydroxychloroquine truthers. It's hard to trust a serial liar in Trump on that, especially when he's been blatantly paid to endorse them.

As for the both sides of the aisle argument, yes both sides are bad. The whole point is that there is a **** lot of terrible shit in washington. Someone the swamp grew stronger with the man supposed to drain it. Fauci is the fall guy and someone spouting to be safer than possibly absolutely necessary is NOT the American people's enemy. People who say it's ok to be more risky than that are the one willing to trade lives for "the economy." That's my enemy, and if it isn't yours.... idk what to tell you because at this point your heels are dug in.

The MOST important thing is that medicine is HELPING people. The media has completely lost sight of that. That's the bottom line. I guarantee you ALL of the people that are crying "anecdotal evidence" and "potential side effects" would want that drug if they or their loved ones life was on the line with this. And that's all the anecdotal evidence anyone really needs to know. Who cares who is getting money from whom if people are getting better? SOMEONE is always getting money from someone.

I don't need a five year double blinded research study on 12 million people to tell me that Advil or Aspirin is going to help me manage my headache.

BhamDawg205
04-07-2020, 05:06 AM
Holy hell.

There are some dumbass conspiracy minded idiots on this board. The deep state lol

I just pray y'all don't have kids. It would be damn near child abuse to be raised by such a idiot

Lol... Took a break hoping some would wise up. Nope some still toting Faux News water. Needed that laugh. People care more about sports, than lives.

I fall in that essential business to, but country should have been shut down 14 days back in late February or early March. But nope the deniers still drag this out, while the numbers get infected and deaths pile up. At work, I where a mask and gloves, because social distance ain't always feasible. I know 2 that have contracted Covid-19 at other facilities. One fell on the workroom floor and died few days later. Haven't heard about the other. That second worked at the same facility as my wife. The good news she was off and the girl had been quarantined already. Both instances management withheld timely information.

We've been blessed so far no symptoms. Check our temps everyday. I care for me and my wife, but the love and fear for our kids even greater.

Be Safe MSU Fam

msstate7
04-07-2020, 05:59 AM
Mlb early as May?

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/coronavirus-mlb-mlbpa-discuss-starting-2020-season-as-soon-as-may-with-all-games-in-arizona-per-reports/

FISHDAWG
04-07-2020, 06:54 AM
damn it's so obvious when the arguing SPS'ers come over here ... I really wish ya'll would leave that smart-ass mentality over there