PDA

View Full Version : The end of the half debacle yesterday....

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 12:03 PM
I cannot stop thinking about that cluster **** of a last minute we had yesterday just before halftime. To me, it was a perfect example of Mullen as a coach. I haven't found the words to post my thoughts on it, but then I read where tcdog posted about it and it mirrored my thoughts completely.

So, tcdog, I stole this from you because it was a good post. Thank you.

Just how many things went wrong in the last 30 seconds.

1.Dak takes a sack.
2.we call back to back time outs. I wonder what the hell they discussed in those timeouts?
3.with 13 seconds left a long FG or a hailMary would have been way better.
4. A8 yard curl, are you 17ing kidding?
5. An asst Coach and a HC not knowing what the hell is going on. Running a fg team on the field with 4 seconds.wonder how long they have been practicing that.
6. Dan gets Mad at Dak and then the asst Coach, Dan all that shit is on YOU.
7. Have we had a cluster before every halftime this Year?
8. Our self destructions before halftimes this year just sets the stage for awful third quarters

If you can't read that and see that we have a major coaching problem right now.....then you are just trying not to see the obvious. It is time, Gentlemen.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 12:07 PM
One of the most baffling things to me is that Dan chewed Dak's ass about burning that last timeout, and then proceeded to call a pass play that was an 8 yard curl that he KNEW would run out the clock if caught. What the hell was he thinking? I'm serious when I say that it may have been the worst coaching I've seen. We took TWO timeouts back to back and still ended up with an 8 yard pass that ran out the clock. Just atrocious.

Now I know that Dak took the sack, and Dak called the timeout. I'm not saying there isn't blame on Dak and others as well, but if you are the head coach, you have to preach not to take a sack...and then once that second timeout is taken you HAVE GOT to either throw an out route, Hail Mary, or just bring out the long field goal attempt.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!! It was terrible. Embarassing. Pathetic. Any other negative term you can think of, that was it

tcdog70
11-03-2013, 12:57 PM
You are welcome CD, it is just sad to have to post this shit. A HC getting over 2million, should refund some of the. $. Most good High School coaches would have done a better job..with 2 times out run it call a TO run it call a TO kick the FG, go to half time on an upbeat knowing you get the ball after half.

Todd4State
11-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Per Dan's post game inteview, Dak had to call the second timeout because we lined up incorrectly. And also from the postgame interview- and I'm kind of reading between the lines here a little bit- I think what happened was we run the curl and the assistant coach assumed that we wanted to go with a field goal, but Dan wanted to try a hail Mary.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 01:03 PM
You are welcome CD, it is just sad to have to post this shit. A HC getting over 2million, should refund some of the. $. Most good High School coaches would have done a better job..with 2 times out run it call a TO run it call a TO kick the FG, go to half time on an upbeat knowing you get the ball after half.

Yep. That's the thing all of these Mullen defenders don't want to understand. None of us want Mullen to fail....we just see the terrible coaching being displayed, the poor play calling, and the fact that we aren't adjusting, etc. instead of choosing to ignore it and turn a blind eye like the Mullen guys do. They see it, but I think they are just wanting so badly for us to not have to make a coaching change, that they aren't letting themselves believe it. I've been there, that's why I respect their opinions...but they will see it soon enough. I just hope the ones making the decisions don't allow it to snowball.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Per Dan's post game inteview, Dak had to call the second timeout because we lined up incorrectly. And also from the postgame interview- and I'm kind of reading between the lines here a little bit- I think what happened was we run the curl and the assistant coach assumed that we wanted to go with a field goal, but Dan wanted to try a hail Mary.

Wow, so again, all of those were on coaching. Color me shocked.

BDAWG8
11-03-2013, 01:06 PM
I have to disagree w/ #'s 2,4, and 5. The back-back timeouts had everything to do w/ Dak not getting our guys lined up correctly. If you look at the routes we were working the sidelines, again another bad decision by Dak. Lastly if our Ass.'t coach doesn't know the situation there then he doesn't need to be on the sideline. The entire sideline was yelling and signaling clock it. I don't think all blame can be placed on Dan there at the end. After all it was his play calling that got us in the situation to possibly score just before half.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 01:09 PM
I have to disagree w/ #'s 2,4, and 5. The back-back timeouts had everything to do w/ Dak not getting our guys lined up correctly. If you look at the routes we were working the sidelines, again another bad decision by Dak. Lastly if our Ass.'t coach doesn't know the situation there then he doesn't need to be on the sideline. The entire sideline was yelling and signaling clock it. I don't think all blame can be placed on Dan there at the end. After all it was his play calling that got us in the situation to possibly score just before half.

What? The team being lined up wrong is not on Dak. And if you really think we could have spiked it before the clock ran out, you're crazy. The screw up was the play call. And how are we working the sidelines by running an 8 yard curl in the middle of the field? It all goes back to coaching. And the assistant on the sideline that was confused....is Dan's employee

hacker
11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
The Saints JUST came out of a timeout and didn't get their play called on time. FIRE SEAN PAYTON

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
The Saints JUST came out of a timeout and didn't get their play called on time. FIRE SEAN PAYTON

Ha, the Saints are playing great football lately.

Coach34
11-03-2013, 01:14 PM

You got it part right

We lined up wrong- Dakota called the wrong formation. Dakota made the mistake
So, because of Dakota's mistake- we had to call our last time-out.
The Assistant coach knew we were trying to get in position for the FG
We threw the curl to get in position for the FG and to try and get the 1st down or at worst clock the ball- because now we were out of TO's
The dumbass Assistant sent the FG team out- not realizing we didnt have a time-out left. Or he had no idea of the time left.

The Assistant completely ****ed it up. Remember, you get what you pay for in assistant salaries.

It all falls back on Mullen ultimately- but you had Dakota mess up the formation making us unable to run the play called- then an assistant doing something incredibly stupid.

BDAWG8
11-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Cadaver, you've made up your mind that Dan should go. I don't know if anything we do wrong will be anyone other than Dan's fault. Players are the ones executing plays, not coaches.

Coach34
11-03-2013, 01:17 PM

exactly- our fans just see us make mistakes and never watch any other teams play apparently. Teams do stupid shit in every game- every week.

We are a 10 point favorite over Kentucky-win by 6- our fans go nuts and say Mullen didnt have the team prepared or coached
Hud is a 32 point favorite yesterday and is down 2 TD's at half. Wins by 13 or 14- but he is the mf'ing man. Even if his team underperformed much worse.

Fans are fanatics for a reason

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 01:28 PM
exactly- our fans just see us make mistakes and never watch any other teams play apparently. Teams do stupid shit in every game- every week.

We are a 10 point favorite over Kentucky-win by 6- our fans go nuts and say Mullen didnt have the team prepared or coached
Hud is a 32 point favorite yesterday and is down 2 TD's at half. Wins by 13 or 14- but he is the mf'ing man. Even if his team underperformed much worse.

Wow, comparing us to the Saints? But we're just "fans being fanatical". Then you must be delusional.

I'm at a loss for words at how sheepish you have become over Mullen. It's like he has pictures of your wife naked. Nobody said Hud was the man yesterday....instead it was actually one of you Mullen defenders that said "Oh Noz!!1!1 the legend is trailing to 1-6 New Mexico State!!1!1!1 I thought he was the savior!!1!!" And then he proceeded to score 35 2nd half points and make that look dumb as shit. But now you spin it into people saying Hud is a God because he won by 14. What a joke.

And actually, if you truly think we could have spiked the ball in time to stop the clock after that curl, you're clueless. There was no chance. The ball was caught with 6-7 seconds left and the officials wouldn't have even spotted it in time to spike it. Regardless of the Assistant (who is Dan's employee) ****ing up...Dan ****ed up by calling that play regardless.

My God, you people trying to defend Mullen are ridiculous. We all want Mullen to succeed....but when he's screwing up why can you not just call a spade a spade? Why try to spin it and defend him like he's your child. He makes pretty damn good money...I would think he could come up with a better play call after 2 timeouts. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a guy that obviously is a child that needs protection.

BoomBoom
11-03-2013, 01:30 PM
You got it part right

We lined up wrong- Dakota called the wrong formation. Dakota made the mistake
So, because of Dakota's mistake- we had to call our last time-out.
The Assistant coach knew we were trying to get in position for the FG
We threw the curl to get in position for the FG and to try and get the 1st down or at worst clock the ball- because now we were out of TO's
The dumbass Assistant sent the FG team out- not realizing we didnt have a time-out left. Or he had no idea of the time left.

The Assistant completely ****ed it up. Remember, you get what you pay for in assistant salaries.

It all falls back on Mullen ultimately- but you had Dakota mess up the formation making us unable to run the play called- then an assistant doing something incredibly stupid.

Yes, the assisstant screwed up, but that is completely irrelevant. The drop back pass call was dumb in that situation and led to the sack. We came out in the wrong formation out of a TO, and that is on coaching. But worse, there is no way you get a second play off after an 8 yard curl there. That call is just stupid. I thought that's what Dan was chewing the assisstant out for, it just makes it worse that it wasn't.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Cadaver, you've made up your mind that Dan should go. I don't know if anything we do wrong will be anyone other than Dan's fault. Players are the ones executing plays, not coaches.

Actually I want the son of a bitch to succeed, but I'm not going to spin his mistakes into blaming others, when the buck ultimately stops with Mullen. I actually saw some good things yesterday. We made several personnel moves like Sobiesk, Shump, JRob, etc, that we're great. However, me and several of our fans have been calling for those obvious moves for 7 weeks or more...so I'm not going to give the coach a blow job for making obvious moves 7 weeks too late! If anything he should be criticized even more for taking so damn long to do obvious Things. At this point in his career, he shouldn't be making boneheaded coaching moves that put his teams in a bad spot like it is year 1...but we are seeing rookie mistakes and no adjustments. I'm sorry that I am expecting more than what he is delivering. I respect your opinions on Mullen, but I don't have to agree with them. And it definitely doesn't make me wrong.

Coach34
11-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Yes, the assisstant screwed up, but that is completely irrelevant. The drop back pass call was dumb in that situation and led to the sack. We came out in the wrong formation out of a TO, and that is on coaching. But worse, there is no way you get a second play off after an 8 yard curl there. That call is just stupid. I thought that's what Dan was chewing the assisstant out for, it just makes it worse that it wasn't.

I totally agree on the bad playcall that led to the sack- it goes back to my RTGDB motto. Run the ball- get 4 -5 yards and get ourselves into position for the FG

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Exactly. It's even worse to know that Dan thought the curl was the right call.

Again, Several players messed up yesterday, and Dak turned it over too much. But to act like that debacle at the end of the half wasn't Mullen's fault is just trying to deny the obvious.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 01:38 PM
I totally agree on the bad playcall that led to the sack- it goes back to my RTGDB motto. Run the ball- get 4 -5 yards and get ourselves into position for the FG

Yep. The RTDB quote is the ultimate answer to yesterday. There are several issues, but that issue was the biggest

Coach34
11-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Exactly. It's even worse to know that Dan thought the curl was the right call.

wtf do you think he should run with no time-outs from the 44 and only 20 seconds left on 2nd and 21? With the defense guarding the sideline?

BossDawg
11-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Teams do stupid shit in every game- every week.

Teams with coaches worth a damn can get past those mistakes and continue to be competitive.

We just seem to be a bunch of circus clowns out there trying to play jokes on everybody for the whole game...joke after joke after joke.

BDAWG8
11-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't think you're wrong at all for wanting more in year 5. I want this thing to be as well oiled as you do. I think this is that transition period that all new coaches go through based on what they inherited. When you have misses in your first couple recruiting classes they're usually magnified in year 5 and 6. We are a young team from an experience standpoint...does it suck yes!! At the end of the day, I don't think it all completely falls on him.

BoomBoom
11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
wtf do you think he should run with no time-outs from the 44 and only 20 seconds left on 2nd and 21? With the defense guarding the sideline?

A play that has a small chance of succeeding is way better than one with zero chance of success. Throw a damn jump ball to Wilson. Something over the middle but past the 1st down marker at least gives a chance of spiking it. Malcolm is an option there. A GD hook and ladder. Idiotic play calls like that 8 yard curl are why fans are ready for a change, and defending it just means nothing will change absent firing Mullen.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 02:21 PM

Are you freaking kidding me??! You claim to be a "Coach" and you say that was the best play he could have run?? You have GOT to either run something along the sidelines, or something that can get you to the sidelines out of the backfield, or else throw it beyond the first down marker where the clock will stop if it's caught. And if you don't think any of those things are possible, and you have no more timeouts, you either throw one towards the end zone, or try a long field goal. But you DEFINITELY don't run a damn 8 yard pass pattern that without a doubt ends the half if it's caught.

And we only had 13 seconds left when he called that play...not 20. Holy hell, i am in shock that you asked that.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 02:24 PM
A play that has a small chance of succeeding is way better than one with zero chance of success. Throw a damn jump ball to Wilson. Something over the middle but past the 1st down marker at least gives a chance of spiking it. Malcolm is an option there. A GD hook and ladder. Idiotic play calls like that 8 yard curl are why fans are ready for a change, and defending it just means nothing will change absent firing Mullen.

Exactly. I'm not believing this is having to be explained.

engie
11-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Since it's obvious you aren't letting that go -- after already sticking your foot in your mouth on this yesterday -- Hudspeth accomplished TWO things yesterday Mullen has never done in his CAREER here. Came back from a halftime deficit. Came back from a 4th quarter deficit.

His team came out flat in a trap game, got punched in the mouth, and while you were crowing about it before halftime(reread the thread -- it's bad that several of us had confidence in his halftime adjustments and are starting to develop a swag about it, when if it were our coaches, it would have been doom and gloom meltdown). ULL adjusted, gritted their teeth, and came storming back to win convincingly. Even in an underperformance, he was better than Mullen in multiple ways.

LSU was supposed to beat us by 7. They beat us by 33. We were supposed to beat Bowling Green by 11.5, but won by 1. But Mullen can do no wrong here.

Anybody that can look at what happened at halftime yesterday and think Mullen will EVER win a close game against an equally or superior talented team is kidding themselves.

Houston
LSU
Florida

Auburn
Arkansas

Auburn
LSU
South Carolina

Ole Miss
Northwestern

Auburn

Coach34
11-03-2013, 02:49 PM

it was 2nd and 21- we werent completing anything there vs a loose Secondary with less than 20 seconds left. The curl was the only call short of something to possible get OOB.

Unintelligent bitching has been a problem for our fanbase for years- and bitching about that call is just another example. The bitching should be about the playcall on the sack- it took us out of any scoring chance at that point.

Coach34
11-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Since it's obvious you aren't letting that go -- after already sticking your foot in your mouth on this yesterday -- Hudspeth accomplished TWO things yesterday Mullen has never done in his CAREER here. Came back from a halftime deficit. Came back from a 4th quarter deficit.

There are no trap games when you are a 32 point favorite AT HOME...try that bullshit somewhere else

Hud and his bunch ****ed off and werent up for the game- and it was obvious. They turned it on in the 2nd half. Mullen has never been behind at half against a shitty team like Hud was- so no need to comeback

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 02:53 PM
it was 2nd and 21- we werent completing anything there vs a loose Secondary with less than 20 seconds left. The curl was the only call short of something to possible get OOB.

Unintelligent bitching has been a problem for our fanbase for years- and bitching about that call is just another example. The bitching should be about the playcall on the sack- it took us out of any scoring chance at that point.

You couldn't be more wrong on this one. I agree that the play before was horrible too...but if your best play with 13 seconds left, is a 8 yard curl, then we should have just kneeled it and saved ourselves the embarrassment of having our coach show that he isn't much of one.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 02:54 PM
There are no trap games when you are a 32 point favorite AT HOME...try that bullshit somewhere else

Hud and his bunch ****ed off and werent up for the game- and it was obvious. They turned it on in the 2nd half. Mullen has never been behind at half against a shitty team like Hud was- so no need to comeback

But I thought we had a "let down" game against BG?? Can ULL not have let down games???? Oh that's right, only MSU and ONLY when we are trying too hard to defend our coach that isn't getting shit done.

Coach34
11-03-2013, 03:04 PM
But I thought we had a "let down" game against BG?? Can ULL not have let down games???? Oh that's right, only MSU and ONLY when we are trying too hard to defend our coach that isn't getting shit done.

ULL can absolutely have a letdown game. And they did. I'm just laughing at Engie trying to spin it like Hud did something worth a shit yesterday. He didnt. He struggled to beat a terrible 1-8 football team

Percho
11-03-2013, 03:07 PM
My understanding was. And this would be on CDM. When we took the first TO instead of getting his team together and getting them lined up for what he wanted to do next CDM was on the official about the grounding call. I was on the phone with my son who immediately said when we came back on the field, "Whats going on we don't have a clue what we are doing," And he was right we had to call another TO.

engie
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM

Exactly. Coach has gone full blown sheep on this for some reason that I do not understand and lost all semblance of reality and common sense. There's plenty that's defensible about Mullen -- this is NOT it.

What about Troy last year?
What about UAB 2011?
What about La Tech 2010?
Need I go on?
And those were just the ones that ENDED close(unlike Hud's game last night) that we actually won.

Nevermind all the other 12-13 games I addressed -- that we lost in close ones to similarly talented teams.

What happened before halftime is a microcosm of the whole "coaching" problem with Mullen. You don't beat good teams when you totally(and consistently) screw the pooch while they are reeling.

engie
11-03-2013, 03:09 PM
ULL can absolutely have a letdown game. And they did. I'm just laughing at Engie trying to spin it like Hud did something worth a shit yesterday. He didnt. He struggled to beat a terrible 1-8 football team

He made a comeback.

When did Mullen do that? I'll wait.

"Struggled to beat"? He won by 14.

C222
11-03-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm not a Dan defender, but nothing y'all say can convince me the end of the half was his fault. You really think the play call was an 8 yard out and not get out of bounds?

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm not a Dan defender, but nothing y'all say can convince me the end of the half was his fault. You really think the play call was an 8 yard out and not get out of bounds?

Ummmmm Yes. Do you think the receiver just decided to run an 8 yard curl? No, the coach called that play. Is this a serious post?

C222
11-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Ummmmm Yes. Do you think the receiver just decided to run an 8 yard curl? No, the coach called that play. Is this a serious post?

No you ****ing idiot, I'm sure the plan was to get the **** out of bounds. You honestly think our coach is that dumb to tell the WR it's okay to get tackled in the field of play?

Percho
11-03-2013, 03:18 PM
I think CDM thought we could run the 8 yd curl. spike the ball and kick the FG but some DA ran the kicking team on the field not giving enough time to spike the ball.

C222
11-03-2013, 03:19 PM
I think CDM thought we could run the 8 yd curl. spike the ball and kick the FG but some DA ran the kicking team on the field not giving enough time to spike the ball.

I really don't think he thought that but I guess we could argue it day.

Percho
11-03-2013, 03:21 PM
That was the reason CDM was so mad at a coach. Who ever ran the kick team out there before spiking the ball. Mullen knew we would have to spike the ball.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 03:24 PM
No you ****ing idiot, I'm sure the plan was to get the **** out of bounds. You honestly think our coach is that dumb to tell the WR it's okay to get tackled in the field of play?

Haha, you're the moron. No, dipshit....you run a ****ing "Out" if you want to get out of bounds. Not a curl in the middle of the field. Holy shit, to get called an idiot by someone that says what you just said, is beyond hilarious. And you basically just proved how dumb our coach really must be..because he did exactly what you just said would be "dumb"

bluelightstar
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM

Actually we trailed a TERRIBLE UAB team at halftime in 2011. 3-0. The offensive guru was shut out at half by a bad CUSA team.

Why do you insist on going down with the Mullen ship?

engie
11-03-2013, 03:33 PM

Even if the kicking team hadn't run on the field, there was not enough time left on the clock to spike the ball. That's a clock management issue. Should have snapped it 5 seconds faster, then this idea would have worked. Ultimately, this all falls on him though. Do we not practice the hurry-up 2 minute offense constantly? Because the failures there are unacceptable...

C222
11-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Haha, you're the moron. No, dipshit....you run a ****ing "Out" if you want to get out of bounds. Not a curl in the middle of the field. Holy shit, to get called an idiot by someone that says what you just said, is beyond hilarious. And you basically just proved how dumb our coach really must be..because he did exactly what you just said would be "dumb"

Well that's my bad then. I thought it was an out and just a bad route. Then I agree, terrible call and that is on Dan.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Well that's my bad then. I thought it was an out and just a bad route. Then I agree, terrible call and that is on Dan.

Ha, no worries. Just glad you see how dumb of a call it was

Percho
11-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Even if the kicking team hadn't run on the field, there was not enough time left on the clock to spike the ball. That's a clock management issue. Should have snapped it 5 seconds faster, then this idea would have worked. Ultimately, this all falls on him though. Do we not practice the hurry-up 2 minute offense constantly? Because the failures there are unacceptable...

I don't think the clock was running when the ball was snapped. The best of my memory is it was 12/13 sec on clock when ball was caught 7/8 yards down field there was about 5 sec we were going to try hussel up and spike leaving one, may or may not have been abel to get that done, however we wound up with three teams on the field and two of them were ours.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I don't think the clock was running when the ball was snapped. The best of my memory is it was 12/13 sec on clock when ball was caught 7/8 yards down field there was about 5 sec we were going to try hussel up and spike leaving one, may or may not have been abel to get that done, however we wound up with three teams on the field and two of them were ours.

There was no chance of spiking the ball, regardless of if we had tried to rush up and spike it or not. There was not enough time.

BoomBoom
11-03-2013, 04:23 PM

The ref has to set the ball before you can snap it, with the clock running the whole time. 20 seconds probably wouldnt be enough time, let alone 13.

BoomBoom
11-03-2013, 04:24 PM
There was no chance of spiking the ball, regardless of if we had tried to rush up and spike it or not. There was not enough time.

But hey, we're going to 'progress' to where we can beat top SEC teams despite being outrecruited and outcoached. Or something.

RougeDawg
11-03-2013, 05:18 PM
All teams make stupid mistakes. The difference in good teams and ours is good teams rebound from them and finish games. We go into disarray and lose it, eventually leading to a team that doesn't give a **** in 2nd half, subsequently getting out played in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Any of you who cannot see this is all coaching, are delusional. Coaching can limit mistakes, and coaching should keep a team as one and focused, after they do make mistakes. Neither of these are, or have been happening, for us over the last 14 games. Time for those of you to wake up and see things for what they really are.

BossDawg
11-03-2013, 05:41 PM
All teams make stupid mistakes. The difference in good teams and ours is good teams rebound from them and finish games. We go into disarray and lose it, eventually leading to a team that doesn't give a **** in 2nd half, subsequently getting out played in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Any of you who cannot see this is all coaching, are delusional. Coaching can limit mistakes, and coaching should keep a team as one and focused, after they do make mistakes. Neither of these are, or have been happening, for us over the last 14 games. Time for those of you to wake up and see things for what they really are.

Nail on the mother ****in' head.

Pollodawg
11-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Actually I want the son of a bitch to succeed, but I'm not going to spin his mistakes into blaming others, when the buck ultimately stops with Mullen. I actually saw some good things yesterday. We made several personnel moves like Sobiesk, Shump, JRob, etc, that we're great. However, me and several of our fans have been calling for those obvious moves for 7 weeks or more...so I'm not going to give the coach a blow job for making obvious moves 7 weeks too late! If anything he should be criticized even more for taking so damn long to do obvious Things. At this point in his career, he shouldn't be making boneheaded coaching moves that put his teams in a bad spot like it is year 1...but we are seeing rookie mistakes and no adjustments. I'm sorry that I am expecting more than what he is delivering. I respect your opinions on Mullen, but I don't have to agree with them. And it definitely doesn't make me wrong.

+1,000. These people who continue to defend Mullen to the bitterest of ends mystify me. And, believe me, if we keep this up, the end WILL BE BITTER.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 06:09 PM
+1,000. These people who continue to defend Mullen to the bitterest of ends mystify me. And, believe me, if we keep this up, the end WILL BE BITTER.

I don't disagree, but be able to separate the people who think logically and are in the "wait and see" crowd from the people that are bitterly defending him.

tcdog70
11-03-2013, 06:37 PM
As I'm watching the deal unfold, I'm excited because it looks like we are finally going to end a half on the upswing. 30 seconds already in fg range and two TOs left. It is really hard to imagine that you can **** that up. It's is so simple Run the damn ball call a TO, then run the damn Ball call a TO and kicke the FG.. But Dan once again gets cute and over thinks a scoring chance.The worst red zone Coach I have ever witnessed. And I've been watching since Paul Davis.

Pollodawg
11-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I don't disagree, but be able to separate the people who think logically and are in the "wait and see" crowd from the people that are bitterly defending him.

That's not pointed at you, man. I am just saying that some of our fans seem to have more regard for Mullen than they do the university.

Barking 13
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
again, unprepared, undiciplined.....

#clowncar

MarketingBully01
11-04-2013, 10:52 AM
So we go down 17-10 at halftime and South Carolina ****s up the kick and we end up with the ball almost in their territory driving running the football to start the second half. We had a chance to overcome that debacle but what happens? Dak inexcusable fumbles the damn football. You can blame as much as you want on Mullen on that game but the biggest glaring item is 4 turnovers and 20 points. South Carolina only scored 14 points where they had to drive the field. That is it.

EngineerDawg
11-04-2013, 11:59 AM
I don't know who's at fault but I know for certain Les Miles would be proud with how we managed the clock at the end of the 2nd.

geotop
11-04-2013, 12:36 PM
again, unprepared, undiciplined.....

#clowncar

Definitely looked like amateur hour.

quickstrike2
11-04-2013, 12:53 PM
For me, it was a 5 game season coming into USC game to form an opinion. Your a 5th year head coach, and you need to win two games. Not an easy win on the schedule, but your in the SEC and you make big money so get it done. Get out of your own way with dumbass decisions and win two games.

So now its a 4 game season after getting blown out in another second half and a shit show of an ending of the first half. I can not see us not getting blown out by A&M and Alabama at this point.