PDA

View Full Version : Crappie guys I?ve a question

Natedogg33
04-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Not wanting to pry into everyone?s secret cabinet, but I have question. What are your ?go to? colors on your jigs? I?ve been catching some, but it seems I?m missing something a bit. Get a lot of bumps and no takers at times. I?m not s spider rigger, so just a one poler mostly. Our best color has been pink and black. Caught some on chartreuse and black, and a few on electric chicken. Water is pretty clean. Fishing fairly deep water. 9-13?. Any suggestions?

BeastMan
04-04-2020, 09:04 PM
I’m not qualified to answer this question at all but I’ve always had good luck on red/chart tube bait on a jig. I really only fish it in spring when when are shallow under a cork

Bass Chaser
04-06-2020, 10:46 AM
I'm not qualified either, but I've done well using Bobby Garland orange and chartreuse at the Rez.

I also try to make sure I present the jig horizontally by moving the knot.

FISHDAWG
04-06-2020, 02:15 PM
I'm a saltwater guy so live bait is what I prefer ... when I do go Cosmopolitan tho I use a white or pink jig

BeastMan
04-07-2020, 09:46 AM
I'm not qualified either, but I've done well using Bobby Garland orange and chartreuse at the Rez.

Ok I’m interested. What knot you tying?

BeastMan
04-07-2020, 09:47 AM

Ok I’m interested. What knot you tying? On small diameter line I tie a uni b/c I’ve had an improved clinch slip on 4-6lb line

FISHDAWG
04-07-2020, 12:04 PM
Ok I?m interested. What knot you tying? On small diameter line I tie a uni b/c I?ve had an improved clinch slip on 4-6lb line

Clinch knot since it's just Crappie ..... Palomar for most other things ... or uni to uni

Natedogg33
04-07-2020, 03:31 PM
Checking the knot, and getting that jig to fall flat, is probably the a one most important tip for jig fishing crappie.

Bass Chaser
04-08-2020, 10:45 AM
Clinch knot since it's just Crappie ..... Palomar for most other things ... or uni to uni

That's what I do.

Bass Chaser
04-08-2020, 10:47 AM
Checking the knot, and getting that jig to fall flat, is probably the a one most important tip for jig fishing crappie.

Well stated. Just slide the knot around the eye of the jig so it lays flat.