PDA

View Full Version : Lovett's Father Lies to the Clarion Ledger in Article

ShotgunDawg
04-04-2020, 08:45 PM
Pretty well known knowledge that Mr Lovett would not sign Fabian's LOI to MSU the morning of signing day because he wanted him elswhere.

Now he blantently lies in Clarion Ledger article.

Additionally, I'm curious why Leach has reached to CJ Morgan & many others on the team but not Lovett?

It's my opinion that they don't want him back. Not sure how well liked the kid was on the team.

And FWIW, Horka did not write this. It's actually written by someone who doesn't even work for the CL

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2020/04/04/mike-leach-tweet-mississippi-state-football-coach-fabien-lovett-transfer/2947754001/

Mobile Bay
04-04-2020, 09:45 PM
I want to know what attorney has the brass balls to even say to the NCAA that somebody wants to transfer TO Old Miss because of racism from anywhere.

Jarius
04-04-2020, 09:50 PM
This guy's dad is a complete idiot. He is mad that Leach hasn't called him. Did he ever think that Leach doesn't want his son back on the team because his son is a huge b I t c h

Irondawg
04-04-2020, 10:01 PM
Yeah the fact that Leach didn't reach out it pretty telling - one way or the other (I'm open to the idea that it reflects poorly on Leach possibly) - but it does seem pretty clear that for whatever reason they don't seem to be trying to get him to reconsider.

As many have said but in case someone didn't see it - getting put into the transfer portal is not a simple point and click so it would seem this has been in the works and the timing just worked out well for the family.

Sometimes you just leave it alone and that's what needs to happen here. Will be interesting to see where he ends up though.

Cooterpoot
04-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Now that the cat's out of the bag, life can get back to normal.

Todd4State
04-04-2020, 10:34 PM
This guy's dad is a complete idiot. He is mad that Leach hasn't called him. Did he ever think that Leach doesn't want his son back on the team because his son is a huge b I t c h

So his dad is mad that Leach didn't call and beg him to come back? LOL.

I hate to tell him that Pickering is as good or better anyway.

Sounds like a helicopter parent who is about to find out that they don't have much power.

R2Dawg
04-05-2020, 08:33 AM

Sounds like a helicopter parent who is about to find out that they don't have much power.

Yep, can you say Newman or Webster? Leach hasn't coached a play and he has already turned our program in the right direction.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2020, 08:37 AM

Yup. That's why Leach had his number sent rather than calling.

Leach sent his number in case the kid wanted to come back, but didn't call the dad because Leach ain't asking or begging for him to come back.

Smart move by Leach that really frames Lovett as the bad guy here

JOHNHEVESYMADE
04-05-2020, 10:41 AM
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2020/04/05/ole-miss-tennessee-oregon-contact-mississippi-state-football-player-fabien-lovett-transfer-portal/2948609001/

Now the Ledger and Milligan post a story about all the schools Lovett is garnering interest from, including an interesting name formerly related to MSU. Just don't see how we can trust anyone involved in this situation outside of MSU.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2020, 10:53 AM
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2020/04/05/ole-miss-tennessee-oregon-contact-mississippi-state-football-player-fabien-lovett-transfer-portal/2948609001/

Now the Ledger and Milligan post a story about all the schools Lovett is garnering interest from, including an interesting name formerly related to MSU. Just don't see how we can trust anyone involved in this situation outside of MSU.

As long as he has to sit a year, I don't give a 17 where he goes.

He'll hurt the team he goes to anyway.

dawgoneyall
04-05-2020, 11:25 AM

Craig James II

Dogbone
04-05-2020, 10:18 PM
Craig James II

I think you nailed it. This smells just like Craig James.

Bothrops
04-06-2020, 12:22 AM
I was high as a kite when this kid committed, really thought he was going to blow up at the next level. He played a little out of shape last year, but probably not his fault. Now this happens. What is wrong with people's minds? I mean *******