PDA

View Full Version : Lovett transfer

TheLostDawg
04-04-2020, 08:49 AM
The CL saying it might be because CML tweet. Seriously?

"He did not say if the decision to enter the transfer portal was because of the controversial tweet"

ShotgunDawg
04-04-2020, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=TheLostDawg;1240872]The CL saying it might be because CML tweet. Seriously?

"He did not say if the decision to enter the transfer portal was because of the controversial tweet"[/QUOTE

Its pathetic.

The reality is that his transfer has nothing to do with the tweet. The tweet is just his Hail Mary to get eligible.

MaroonFlounder
04-04-2020, 09:27 AM
The other thread on this subject got to 5 pages and was killed. Doubt we get a reason why.

msstate7
04-04-2020, 10:11 AM
The worst part of tying this to the tweet is now the tweet is gone, so now it'll just be known as a "racist" tweet by our HC. Leach will be painted as racist by every other sec coach in recruiting going forward

paco
04-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Lovett is a good DT that will help someone. We have an abundance of DT talent. Losing him has no effect on our D-Line especially since our scheme is changing.

KOdawg1
04-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Lovett is a good player, but this just makes room for Pickering, who in my opinion, will be better before it's all said and done

Quaoarsking
04-04-2020, 10:38 AM
The worst part of tying this to the tweet is now the tweet is gone, so now it'll just be known as a "racist" tweet by our HC. Leach will be painted as racist by every other sec coach in recruiting going forward

If Horka hadn't written a "story" about it, no one would even remember it today. No other SEC school would have this problem from their statewide paper.

Jarius
04-04-2020, 10:43 AM
Maybe he will delete his own "racist" retweet

https://twitter.com/nagent25/status/1246446324683243520?s=21

dantheman4248
04-04-2020, 11:36 AM
When did the word noose with 0 become racially charged. It was a shitty "I hate my wife" joke that boomer humor eats up. That has 0 to do with race.

More white people have died from nooses in America than black people. (Suicide)

Do we need to cancel Pirates of the Caribbean now? It has a noose.

MarcoRubio
04-04-2020, 11:51 AM
When did the word noose with 0 become racially charged. It was a shitty "I hate my wife" joke that boomer humor eats up. That has 0 to do with race.

More white people have died from nooses in America than black people. (Suicide)

Do we need to cancel Pirates of the Caribbean now? It has a noose.

These PC idiots can make anything racist. Just give it time. So irrational and ignorant.

To be racist, there has to be intent. Leech is running an operation worth millions of dollars. He?s got several subordinates that are black. Most of his players are black. He?s a very smart guy. He?s a lawyer. Does any reasonable person think he intended to be racist? Really?

You MIGHT could say it was racially insensitive. There?s no intent with that. Guy just posted a joke he probably didn?t think about for more than 20 seconds.

People need to grow the 17 up and look at facts. Stop with all this emotional knee jerk bullsh*t. It?s ruining our country and putting free speech on ice. Ridiculous we can?t see things for what they are because of all these virtue signaling pieces of sh*t. Makes me sick.

crackerjax
04-04-2020, 12:00 PM
Seriously doubt his transfer has anything to do with Leach?s tweet. But if it does, glad he is gone. People that stir up controversy just for the hell of it are a drain.

The Federalist Engineer
04-04-2020, 12:07 PM
It’s not racist, but if your business is 90% black players, you are paid 5M per year, and you tweet around the public, then you pay with fire.

At least it wasn’t a wife murder joke. At least it’s “Feminist” in the modern man-hating, “future is female” way.

dantheman4248
04-04-2020, 12:08 PM
The governor better ban Mel Brooks and Robin Hood Men in Tights and Blazing Saddles.

Don't show the n-word in Mississippi.

dantheman4248
04-04-2020, 12:39 PM
Is there a petition to get the person bringing disgrace to our university fired yet? I don't want anyone to have to sit through a class of theirs listening to them peddle their book.

She brings disgrace to the sociology department.

AlSwearengen
04-04-2020, 01:02 PM
It seems innocent to me, but at the same time, some black folks react to the sight of a noose. I am surprised there are still people who haven’t picked up on this.

Maroonthirteen
04-04-2020, 01:05 PM
Maybe he will delete his own "racist" retweet

https://twitter.com/nagent25/status/1246446324683243520?s=21

I followed him on twitter for a bit. He is extremely..... well preoccupied with racial issues and woke culture. It is a good thing he is gone. Good riddance to fabo_54

ZedFedder
04-04-2020, 01:08 PM
Remember he had some drama on signing day, too. I wonder who may be in his ear. I don’t consider this a big loss.

Bothrops
04-04-2020, 01:24 PM

"He did not say if the decision to enter the transfer portal was because of the controversial tweet"

ESPN has also reported that, and like the CL, isn't surprising. Our society has become pathetic and there ain't no going back now.

Commercecomet24
04-04-2020, 01:26 PM
ESPN has also reported that, and like the CL, isn't surprising. Our society has become pathetic and there ain't no going back now.

Yep society has become soft and weak.

ZedFedder
04-04-2020, 01:35 PM
At the end of the day, if he leaves for a tweet, that’s not a guy you want anyway. Like Aaron Brule said, he was looking to leave.

maroonmania
04-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Lovett is a good DT that will help someone. We have an abundance of DT talent. Losing him has no effect on our D-Line especially since our scheme is changing.

I certainly wouldn't say it has no effect. He is a talented player that would be key in our defensive line rotation and he would be a 3rd year college player. Pretty obvious though with his original HS recruiting process that he can be easily swayed by outside voices.

Jacksondevildog
04-04-2020, 02:08 PM
We don't need anyone that gets easily offended playing nose-tackle in the SEC. We will be fine.

State82
04-04-2020, 02:42 PM
Yep society has become soft and weak.

Without a doubt. We need more Chuck Norris and General George Patton.

Churchill
04-04-2020, 03:01 PM
We'll deal with the effects Moorehead had on this program for some time to come.

Jarius
04-04-2020, 04:20 PM
FYI, there is an Ole Miss player telling us to back off Leach. We have the enemy taking up for our coach more than some FORMER and CURRENT PLAYERS. It's pathetic.

Matt3467
04-04-2020, 04:51 PM
It was definitely the Leach tweet. Just scrolling through Lovett's Twitter you can figure that out by his retweets. Glad he's gone.

maroonmania
04-04-2020, 04:59 PM
It was definitely the Leach tweet. Just scrolling through Lovett's Twitter you can figure that out by his retweets. Glad he's gone.

Hard to believe that just the mention of a noose IN ANY CONTEXT would draw that kind of reaction that a guy is ready to transfer but I guess its the world we live in. If the tweet is truly the root of this and our coaches really want to keep Lovett then I don't see why this can't be smoothed over by the coaches, and Leach himself, reaching out and talking with him. I think any reasonable person could be talked to and know that there was nothing racially motivated with the marital joke Leach sent out.

Cooterpoot
04-04-2020, 05:07 PM

No it's not. It was just fuel for the fire.

Jarius
04-04-2020, 05:09 PM
No it's not. It was just fuel for the fire.

It was his way out. He was getting his ass lit up in workouts (and yes he was in black for most of them but he did not like how he was being treated). He was looking for a way to jump and this gave him the opportunity to be a martyr. We aren't done with people leaving. As much window dressing that's around this situation it boils down to the fact that this kid was recruited and signed by a coaching staff that coddled and that's all he knows college life as for the past 2 years. He did not like the way things were going for him (al th Pugh he was excelling) and he wanted out. His teammates know what is up. There will be more people quit. Leach had 20 his first year at WSU.

TheLostDawg
04-04-2020, 05:33 PM
It was his way out. He was getting his ass lit up in workouts (and yes he was in black for most of them but he did not like how he was being treated). He was looking for a way to jump and this gave him the opportunity to be a martyr. We aren't done with people leaving. As much window dressing that's around this situation it boils down to the fact that this kid was recruited and signed by a coaching staff that coddled and that's all he knows college life as for the past 2 years. He did not like the way things were going for him (al th Pugh he was excelling) and he wanted out. His teammates know what is up. There will be more people quit. Leach had 20 his first year at WSU.

20 people quit?

Commercecomet24

Cull em! If they don't want to be here and just want to be coddled then they need to go somewhere else. Maybe moorhead can find a spot for them.

bulldawg28
I followed him on twitter for a bit. He is extremely..... well preoccupied with racial issues and woke culture. It is a good thing he is gone. Good riddance to fabo_54

So following racial injustices is a bad thing to you?

Cooterpoot
04-04-2020, 05:34 PM
I'm not concerned with kids that want out. They need to do what they feel is best for them. I know of two that might and some folks are going to lose their shit if one of those does jump. But Joe Moorhead destroyed a lot of things Dan Mullen build. Time to rebuild.

Commercecomet24
04-04-2020, 05:35 PM
I'm not concerned with kids that want out. They need to do what they feel is best for them. I know of two that might and some folks are going to lose their shit if one of those does jump. But Joe Moorhead destroyed a lot of things Dan Mullen build. Time to rebuild.

Yep!

NCDawg
04-04-2020, 05:53 PM

I think you're correct. Moorhead coddled his players, and some may not want to endure what is necessary to build a good team.

Jarius
04-04-2020, 05:57 PM
20 people quit?

Yes. He had 20 people leave his program year 1 at WSU. I doubt we have that many but we will ha e more than people want. We are still over the 85 limit and we also had a huge culture issue last year. That issue doesn't go away without getting the bad apples out.

dawgday166
04-04-2020, 08:11 PM

Hill I'm guessing. Won't bother me if he does. I've said everyone was higher on him that he deserved ever since Moorhead came on board.

Walkerhill
04-04-2020, 08:21 PM
Hill I'm guessing. Won't bother me if he does. I've said everyone was higher on him that he deserved ever since Moorhead came on board.

Unless he could pull a grad transfer or instant eligibility Hill would be an absolute moron to jump. The guy is set up to be in the league in 1 year if he just holds the rope for 6 months. (If there is a football season).

Mobile Bay
04-04-2020, 09:40 PM
Yes. He had 20 people leave his program year 1 at WSU. I doubt we have that many but we will ha e more than people want. We are still over the 85 limit and we also had a huge culture issue last year. That issue doesn't go away without getting the bad apples out.

In the SEC West they didn't quit. They were processed. We now have a coach more hardassed than Saban. That is what it takes. A fight on every single play. Every down a war. I don't care if we run out next game with a team of 40 people, because every one will be a gladiator, every one a pirate, and every one a winner.

Mobile Bay
04-04-2020, 09:43 PM

Kylin Hill has been all over twitter saying this playbook all but promises him a 1000 yard season. He is full pirate all the way.

ShotgunDawg
04-04-2020, 10:06 PM
Kylin Hill has been all over twitter saying this playbook all but promises him a 1000 yard season. He is full pirate all the way.

Kylin isn't anything all the way.

Mobile Bay
04-04-2020, 10:18 PM

I give all your posts the credit they deserve, which is none.

Cooterpoot
04-04-2020, 10:35 PM

Kylin is just Kylin. He's not bad. Kid is a hard worker. And if you guys start calling out players, you'll make it worse. Just sit back and let the dominoes fall.

dantheman4248
04-05-2020, 04:22 AM
Let's just say the obvious big domino to leave is obvious and if that tweet wasn't enough to get him to leave then he actually knows better and learned something. Someone in his ear has a brain.

TUSK
04-05-2020, 04:40 AM
In the SEC West they didn't quit. They were processed. We now have a coach more hardassed than Saban. That is what it takes. A fight on every single play. Every down a war. I don't care if we run out next game with a team of 40 people, because every one will be a gladiator, every one a pirate, and every one a winner.

Thank god for this post....This entire thread may now be led out back... scratched upon it's head a couple times, then summarily shot. And die.

chef dixon
04-05-2020, 07:18 AM
What's worse is how our fans never fail to perpetuate an inflammatory response on message boards and particularly on twitter at the players. The lack of self awareness is mind boggling.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-05-2020, 07:34 AM

So Deke Adams has been tampering?

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2020, 08:07 AM
What's worse is how our fans never fail to perpetuate an inflammatory response on message boards and particularly on twitter at the players. The lack of self awareness is mind boggling.

Nah. Not the fans fault here

Offshore Dawg
04-05-2020, 08:12 AM

State seems to have and overabundance of ( dumb <17>s ) when it comes to certain subjects. No more complicated than that.

chef dixon
04-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Nah. Not the fans fault here

Not blaming them completely. I wouldn't expect you to agree.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2020, 08:20 AM
Not blaming them completely. I wouldn't expect you to agree.

Fans shouldn't be blamed at all. Much less a little

Here's my percentage of blame.

70% - Lovett and his dad for using race as means to getting immediate eligibility

20% - COVID19 for giving sports writers absolutely nothing to write about until this nothing burger fell in their lap.

10% - Mike Leach for having a lack of awareness. Hopefully he learns from this and better understands his new audience

chef dixon
04-05-2020, 08:33 AM
Fans shouldn't be blamed at all. Much less a little

Here's my percentage of blame.

70% - Lovett and his dad for using race as means to getting immediate eligibility

20% - COVID19 for giving sports writers absolutely nothing to write about until this nothing burger fell in their lap.

10% - Mike Leach for having a lack of awareness. Hopefully he learns from this and better understands his new audience

All the arguments they get in with players or people supporting the players just adds fuel to keep the whole thing going. You aren't changing anyones mind and you can't tell another person how they should feel or act. Its a horrible look and comes off most of the time as ignorance. Just let it be and move on.

msbulldog
04-05-2020, 02:19 PM
So following racial injustices is a bad thing to you?

No 28, it's just football, nothing racist.

NCMSTFAN
04-05-2020, 02:22 PM
Being a black man who was raised in Mississippi, the tweet didn't offend me at all. I got the joke and I understand the type of humor Leach has. That being said, he is going to have to be careful about saying and posting certain things. In the past, he has spoken alot on politics and other issues that were controversial, which he has every right to being an American, but it doesn't mean it cant affect our program.... I like Leach and feel he can bring alot to MSU, but he has to be careful in being a leader of our program. He is coaching in Mississippi and unfortunately our state doesn't have the best History in terms of racism, education etc. I spent many years in the military traveling the world and meeting different people from different backgrounds and alot of people actually still view Mississippi in a negative manner, the last thing our program needs is negative attention... I do agree with the majority of you and think this was not racial whatsoever, I just hope he is careful moving forward.

Jarius
04-05-2020, 02:26 PM
All the arguments they get in with players or people supporting the players just adds fuel to keep the whole thing going. You aren't changing anyones mind and you can't tell another person how they should feel or act. Its a horrible look and comes off most of the time as ignorance. Just let it be and move on.

There comes a time when people draw a line with things that are so far out in left field that you can't just let go. Our head coach and university getting thrown in the mud because a couple of idiots are too stupid to not understand an innocent meme is that time. They can "feel" however they want to feel. That doesn't make them any less of a dumbass for feeling that way and the more people allow the line in the sand to be stepped over the more stupid shit like this becomes the norm. We have a national talk show guy saying we should FIRE our head coach over this. It is not ok to throw that card out when it's not warranted because of the ramifications that card carries in 2020. This is a bunch of bullshit brought on by a ridiculous professor and a () that needed a way out so he decided to martyr himself with the help of his idiot daddy. At some point people better get their heads out of their rear ends. The blowback from this is ridiculous and completely unwarranted and people that want everyone to just sit down and shut up and support the players no matter what are just asking for this stuff to get worse and worse and worse.

Joebob
04-05-2020, 08:15 PM
Being a black man who was raised in Mississippi, the tweet didn't offend me at all. I got the joke and I understand the type of humor Leach has. That being said, he is going to have to be careful about saying and posting certain things. In the past, he has spoken alot on politics and other issues that were controversial, which he has every right to being an American, but it doesn't mean it cant affect our program.... I like Leach and feel he can bring alot to MSU, but he has to be careful in being a leader of our program. He is coaching in the Mississippi and unfortunately our state doesn't have the best History in terms of racism, education etc. I spent many years in the military traveling the world and meeting different people from different backgrounds and alot of people actually still view Mississippi in a negative manner, the last thing our program needs is negative attention... I do agree with the majority of you and think this was not racial whatsoever, I just hope he is careful moving forward.

Totally agree. Leach meant nothing by it, but as you said, things like that can be taken in a different context in other places. Hopefully he?ll be a little more aware in the future. Now lets?s get on to football.

bulldawg28
04-05-2020, 09:54 PM
No 28, it's just football, nothing racist.

I agree the tweet was not racist. I'm referring to the player being socially engaged is not a bad thing.

ShotgunDawg
04-05-2020, 10:12 PM
I agree the tweet was not racist. I'm referring to the player being socially engaged is not a bad thing.

It is when they perpetuate racism by finding non-racist things racist.

There is a balance between being aware & actively looking for people to screw up.

When you see the world as racist, it's a problem because you're going to over analyze it. When you see the world as completely non-racist, that's also problem.

Both sides have a problem

FISHDAWG
04-06-2020, 07:22 AM

yep ... he's not known for coddling people and that's exactly what most folks on this board were looking for ...... you're right-I believe we will see several more during his tenure here and I'm def OK with that

bulldawg28
04-06-2020, 07:29 AM
It is when they perpetuate racism by finding non-racist things racist.

There is a balance between being aware & actively looking for people to screw up.

When you see the world as racist, it's a problem because you're going to over analyze it. When you see the world as completely non-racist, that's also problem.

Both sides have a problem

I agree 100%

MaroonFlounder
04-06-2020, 10:31 AM
I'm in the middle of reading 'Swing Your Sword'.

A couple of times in the book Mike talks about things that are very poignant about race and culture and understanding not just differences but human relations. One is a thought on segregation/integration in the early 70s, and the other is about his time in Valdosta, GA and the elementary school his daughter was attending. When you read it, you'll realize that Leach is not racist at all. Some of you may have already read the book and brought this up. If so, my apologies.

BB30
04-06-2020, 12:12 PM
Cull em! If they don't want to be here and just want to be coddled then they need to go somewhere else. Maybe moorhead can find a spot for them.

I'm all for it I just hope our crazy fanbase gives him time to do his thing and that they don't freak out if we go 6-6 or 7-5 next year.