PDA

View Full Version : Hand Sanitizer locations.

Jack Lambert
04-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Mosby Drug Store in Canton is making it and selling it. Very reasonable price.

Old Town Drug Store in Brandon is making it and selling it.

Cat Had Vodka is now making hand sanitizer. If you can get to one of their facilities they will fill two water bottles for free.

Sorry Mods but this stuff is hard to find. I thought I would share.

DownwardDawg
04-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Thanks for sharing. This is an important thread!!!
Fortunately, my wife is a nurse. She has always made sure we had plenty of hand sanitizer at home as well as dial ant bacterial soap. Now I’m not making fun of her anymore.

FISHDAWG
04-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Mosby Drug Store in Canton is making it and selling it. Very reasonable price.

Old Town Drug Store in Brandon is making it and selling it.

Cat Had Vodka is now making hand sanitizer. If you can get to one of their facilities they will fill two water bottles for free.

Sorry Mods but this stuff is hard to find. I thought I would share.

My wife researched the whole "Does standard sanitizer work against the virus" .... she found out that bleach is the ingredient to count on ... she made up several bottles from some recipe that works and I spilled it all over me after filling up with gas this am ..... I'm about ready to say screw it and just take my chances

yjnkdawg
04-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Thanks Jack. This is viable information and what I was hoping to see more similar type in the Covid-19 thread. Which I haven't. Predictions or educated guesses (or whatever) may be good for some, but I would rather get actual info that will hopefully help us through this crisis. This morning the Kroger in Brandon had milk, bread, frozen foods, but people had apparently gone crazy on raw apples and potatoes. And to add no hydrogen peroxide, soap or sanitizer which was no surprise.

Turfdawg67
04-03-2020, 12:20 PM
1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel, 2/3 cup of rubbing alcohol + 8-10 drops of an essential oil fragrance of your choice (I chose lemongrass) and you've got a 65% alcohol based homemade sanitizer. I've made 2 batches and refilled some old sanitizer pump bottles with them. I've got enough product to make 3-4 more 8oz bottles if need be.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

ETA: the CDC recommends a sanitizer that's at least 60% alcohol based.

archdog
04-03-2020, 12:51 PM
1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel, 2/3 cup of rubbing alcohol + 8-10 drops of an essential oil fragrance of your choice (I chose lemongrass) and you've got a 65% alcohol based homemade sanitizer. I've made 2 batches and refilled some old sanitizer pump bottles with them. I've got enough product to make 3-4 more 8oz bottles if need be.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

ETA: the CDC recommends a sanitizer that's at least 60% alcohol based.

Basic soap works better on average. The issue with hand sanitizer is people do not use enough and do not scrub enough. When you have the option to use soap, use soap.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2020, 01:07 PM
If you want something that will kill anything and everything get some Dr. Tichenors mouthwash concentrate, it's 80% alcohol. Use it for hand sanitizer just don't make the mistake of using it as a mouthwash without diluting it with water because it will burn the outer layer of skin off your tongue and mouth!

yjnkdawg
04-03-2020, 01:13 PM
If you want something that will kill anything and everything get some Dr. Tichenors mouthwash concentrate, it's 80% alcohol. Use it for hand sanitizer just don't make the mistake of using it as a mouthwash without diluting it with water because it will burn the outer layer of skin off your tongue and mouth!

That should definitely meet the CDC alcohol requirement. :)

Commercecomet24
04-03-2020, 01:20 PM
That should definitely meet the CDC alcohol requirement. :)

My grandfather used to use that stuff as antiseptic for everything. He would gargle with it straight at night too. He let me try it one night and I thought my mouth was on fire! He thought it was hilarious. He was a farmer so there weren't any days off and he couldn't afford to get sick. Different time. I miss those days.

DownwardDawg
04-03-2020, 02:44 PM
Basic soap works better on average. The issue with hand sanitizer is people do not use enough and do not scrub enough. When you have the option to use soap, use soap.

I use both when possible. Soap and water then sanitizer.
I like the aloe diy recipe. I heard someone at work talking about that also.

DownwardDawg
04-03-2020, 02:45 PM
My grandfather used to use that stuff as antiseptic for everything. He would gargle with it straight at night too. He let me try it one night and I thought my mouth was on fire! He thought it was hilarious. He was a farmer so there weren't any days off and he couldn't afford to get sick. Different time. I miss those days.

I knew an old dude that drank it at work. He’s probably dead now.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2020, 02:48 PM
I knew an old dude that drank it at work. He’s probably dead now.

If he drank that stuff I'm sure his organs and brains were pickled, but he probably never got any bugs lol.

Turfdawg67
04-03-2020, 02:52 PM

Of course it does, but I use hand sanitizer when there's no soap or water around.

yjnkdawg
04-03-2020, 06:09 PM

Me too, CC. I grew up on a farm and now in a subdivision with less than 0.5 acres. :(

Commercecomet24
04-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Me too, CC. I grew up on a farm and now in a subdivision with less than 0.5 acres. :(

Same here. I always said I wouldn't miss it but dang I would go back to those days in a heartbeat. They were simple, good times.

RocketDawg
04-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Where do you buy aloe vera gel and essential oils?

RocketDawg
04-03-2020, 07:56 PM

I only have about 1/3 acre, and most of is taken up by the house, trees and flower beds, and the driveway. I have something like 5000 sq ft of grass.

Turfdawg67
04-04-2020, 12:46 AM
Where do you buy aloe vera gel and essential oils?

WalMart is where I found them both... Have to admit that I knew nothing about "essential oils" and my wife said "look where the candles are sold", and boom, many to be had. The aloe will be where the suntan lotion is found. Good luck, my friend.

TheLostDawg
04-04-2020, 09:22 AM

I thought that was for drinking