PDA

View Full Version : Anybody playing golf during these times?

Tough Dawg
04-03-2020, 08:22 AM
Just curious if some of you guys were still getting out and playing while obeying all the CDC guidelines? Several courses have gotten creative with different things to make everything as safe as possible.

Hot Rock
04-03-2020, 09:20 AM
I have not but I would if I had my own cart, or pull cart and I could maintain social distancing. Course not crowded etc

archdog
04-03-2020, 09:35 AM
Played Saturday. MSU course was gorgeous. Walking only though. Took my 6 year old and we got through 3 holes. I was 1 over through 3 though.

I would recommend to everyone to go and walk 9 every few days. They had push carts available as well

DragonDawgZ
04-03-2020, 09:58 AM
Played yesterday actually. Everyone got their own cart. Had foam in the cups to easily retrieve your ball. Leave the pins in as well. Great to be outdoors

Tough Dawg
04-03-2020, 10:00 AM
This is more in line with what my course is doing. 5 guys 5 carts. Pins in. Each has his own cooler of beer. Nice little wolf game. Venmo any debts afterwards.

Dawgface
04-04-2020, 07:34 AM
I'm playing with one buddy instead of my normal large group. We have private carts so don't have to worry about getting an infected one. Sure glad my course is open as it would be boring as he'll otherwise.

RocketDawg
04-04-2020, 04:39 PM
Played yesterday actually. Everyone got their own cart. Had foam in the cups to easily retrieve your ball. Leave the pins in as well. Great to be outdoors

That's exactly what courses here are doing. The course is cleaning the carts, and it's one person per cart, but I still wonder how well the carts are being cleaned. They don't have doctors cleaning the carts between uses - it's a minimum wage kid who probably can't work anywhere else, so you have to wonder how thoroughly they've been cleaned.

It's probably the safest sport you can play, but there's still some risk.