PDA

View Full Version : 2020 College Football Season

StarkVegasSteve
04-02-2020, 05:33 PM
What everyone's thoughts on this? Do we play a full season? Abbreviated season? Start later or earlier?

3 weeks ago I would've said theres a 95% chance we have a full season, now.....I'm probably closer to 55-60%.

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Meh. It's way too early to say.

I know people will predict what's going to happen, but that's impossible. Right now, I'd say we likely get this thing under control by June or July and things will be fine.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2020, 05:58 PM
I don't have a good feeling about it, tbh, given the timeline for a vaccine.

Dawgology
04-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Well they are talking about relaxing social distancing in a month and that is a full 5 months away. It will bankrupt some sports programs if they dont

Commercecomet24
04-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Well they are talking about relaxing social distancing in a month and that is a full 5 months away. It will bankrupt some sports programs if they dont

This. Gonna bankrupt a lot of stuff if it goes to long

Walkerhill
04-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Best bet is limited attendance or no fans. A made for tv product. Don’t shoot the messenger

Quaoarsking
04-02-2020, 07:10 PM
https://watchstadium.com/spring-football-eight-game-season-ads-ponder-contingency-plans-04-01-2020/

Here are a few possibilities. I can't imagine them not getting the games in somehow, but I'm not expecting to be watching any in person.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
04-04-2020, 07:14 AM
I think it will start later but games will not be well attended this year. If this isn't controlled by June or July, we may face the possibility of no season at all. I've been a season ticket holder for the last 10 years but I'm planning at the moment not to renew this year.

Dawgface
04-04-2020, 07:39 AM
I think a limited season will be played. Bowl games may be in trouble if the virus bounces back as I doubt massive vaccines will be ready by then. But who knows at this point....

Leeshouldveflanked
04-04-2020, 07:52 AM
Fauci say a vaccine at least a year, year and half away...

R2Dawg
04-04-2020, 09:19 AM
Best bet is limited attendance or no fans. A made for tv product. Don’t shoot the messenger

Problem is not just the fans but the players; one of them gets it and it spreads everywhere too on the field.

R2Dawg
04-04-2020, 09:23 AM
Fauci say a vaccine at least a year, year and half away...

I don't trust Fauci at all; his comments about the malaria drug show me he has some agenda. Proof from experts and doctors all over the world it works or makes a big difference and he just keeps dismissing and insulting the doctors and results.

When is the last time Fauci actually did any doctoring with a real patient? Got lots of experts doing on the ground doctoring that disagree with him. All Fauci has done is present a doom and gloom message.

MaroonFlounder
04-04-2020, 09:32 AM
What everyone's thoughts on this? Do we play a full season? Abbreviated season? Start later or earlier?

3 weeks ago I would've said theres a 95% chance we have a full season, now.....I'm probably closer to 55-60%.

There's a very real possibility that no football happens until there is a vaccine for this virus.

It generally takes 12-18 months. Medical experts will recommend that no team sports happen until that vaccine.

maroonmania
04-04-2020, 02:12 PM
There's a very real possibility that no football happens until there is a vaccine for this virus.

It generally takes 12-18 months. Medical experts will recommend that no team sports happen until that vaccine.

The testing process is becoming much quicker and easier so i believe the players can be checked before being cleared to practice and play. Therefore, because of the money involved for schools, I believe games will be played and televised even if there are no fans in the stands.