PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen

Raytoraid83
11-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Talked to a player last night, not gonna name names but he plays and starts. He said Mullen calls every play and has never let Koening call a play, which isn't shocking, and that he likes to put Koening as the bad guy when things go wrong on offense. Hevesy is miserable. And last and probably biggest point the players are fed up with Mullen and don't have fun playing for him anymore. That last point should pretty much be all you need to hear if you want Dan Mullen to stay another year.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Talked to a player last night, not gonna name names but he plays and starts. He said Mullen calls every play and has never let Koening call a play, which isn't shocking, and that he likes to put Koening as the bad guy when things go wrong on offense. Hevesy is miserable. And last and probably biggest point the players are fed up with Mullen and don't have fun playing for him anymore. That last point should pretty much be all you need to hear if you want Dan Mullen to stay another year.

I think this attitude is fairly typical for teams struggling to win games. Not sure how fun I want Mullen to be at practice with the way we are playing. Fun and relaxed coaches is earned by execution and winning.

Bill Parcells is probably the most miserable. non fun coach to play for in the history of football.

godlluB
11-03-2013, 11:19 AM
I doubt that Saban is much fun at practice either (or anywhere else, for that matter). But if you ask the players if they have fun playing for him, I'd wager that most of them would answer in the affirmative.

Raytoraid83
11-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Yea it was a not fun, they're tired of his BS, not a his practices are hard not fun

Saltydog
11-03-2013, 11:23 AM
it's not. Now, with that being said, I wondered if there were bigger issues (respect/locker room issues) and apparently so but winning will cure all ills and losing will intensify these issues to the point where Dan may not be able to salvage this team so it remains to be seen. In any event, it's not looking good.

Jdawg
11-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Not having fun is one thing. No longer playing for him is another. When they start quitting then we have to make a coaching change. That could very well happen if things don't go well the next 2 weeks.

Ronny
11-03-2013, 11:27 AM
...they might not like playing for Mullen, but my god. Mullen is burdened with the task of coaching their lazy, ignorant asses.

If you are a MSU DB you have looked like a real idiot this fall. I'm sure Mullen has attempted to remedy this. But if you are too ****ing lazy to cover one-on-one, how is that Mullen fault?

And to the out-of-control thug who gets a personal foul every game: That's not Mullen. That's just you being an asshole.

thf24
11-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I heard some similar but much more devastating things yesterday, and while I'm not going to share those at this time (my source is pretty solid but it's not stuff that needs to be on a public forum), I just wanted to add that what you're saying matches up with what I know as well as some other bits mentioned on the board last week. Again, without going into details, we may have problems that go a lot deeper than coaching and executing on the field.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Not having fun is one thing. No longer playing for him is another. When they start quitting then we have to make a coaching change. That could very well happen if things don't go well the next 2 weeks.

They played hard for him yesterday. I don't think there is any plausible way to beat the #14 team in the country in every stat without playing hard.

Not saying we played well or smart, but don't see how effort or playing hard was an issue.

thf24
11-03-2013, 11:35 AM
They played hard for him yesterday. I don't think there is any plausible way to beat the #14 team in the country in every stat without playing hard.

Not saying we played well or smart, but don't see how effort or playing hard was an issue.

They played hard, but why was it necessarily for him?

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 11:43 AM

well, that's changed in the last week or two then... I'm starting to wonder if this is becoming an offense vs defense issue with the D still supporting him along with Dak and others being upset.

Will James
11-03-2013, 11:59 AM

we beat them in the stats because they had the luxury of short fields 5 times. Can't look at stats like that in fuseball

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 12:03 PM
we beat them in the stats because they had the luxury of short fields 5 times. Can't look at stats like that in fuseball

no. we beat them in stats because we forced 6 three and outs, only have up 13 first downs, and didn't allow a 3rd down conversion until the 4th quarter.

drunkernhelldawg
11-03-2013, 12:09 PM
I think the people making light of the "fun" issue are missing the point. "Fun" doesn't mean whoopty doo; fun means being so passionate about your leader and your organization that going all out is a true pleasure. This is a telling and serious issue. And, as the original poster of this thread says, it is all you need to know. I'm rooting on DM to turn it around, but I think it starts with trust.

hailmari
11-03-2013, 12:16 PM
...they might not like playing for Mullen, but my god. Mullen is burdened with the task of coaching their lazy, ignorant asses.

If you are a MSU DB you have looked like a real idiot this fall. I'm sure Mullen has attempted to remedy this. But if you are too ****ing lazy to cover one-on-one, how is that Mullen fault?

And to the out-of-control thug who gets a personal foul every game: That's not Mullen. That's just you being an asshole.

^Printed by ole miss fans and sent to all our recruits

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I think the people making light of the "fun" issue are missing the point. "Fun" doesn't mean whoopty doo; fun means being so passionate about your leader and your organization that going all out is a true pleasure. This is a telling and serious issue. And, as the original poster of this thread says, it is all you need to know. I'm rooting on DM to turn it around, but I think it starts with trust.

^^This^^

Quaoarsking
11-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Raytoraid83 trolls again...

Coach34
11-03-2013, 01:04 PM
They played hard, but why was it necessarily for him?

does it matter as long as they play hard?

Coach34
11-03-2013, 01:07 PM
no. we beat them in stats because we forced 6 three and outs, only have up 13 first downs, and didn't allow a 3rd down conversion until the 4th quarter.

This all day

Raytoraid83
11-03-2013, 01:09 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA if you want me to troll here you go, CANT WAIT TO WATCH US HUSTLE IN THE SCRIMMAGE TODAY, WE MAY NOT WIN THE GAME BUT WE NEVER LOSE A 50/50 BALL!!!

maroonmania
11-03-2013, 01:32 PM

OK, so just to clarify, "fun" is not skipping out on a preseason practice to have a team bowling party?

thf24
11-03-2013, 01:33 PM
does it matter as long as they play hard?

Did it matter that Dee Bost played hard even though he had no respect for Stans and constantly undermined him?

preachermatt83
11-03-2013, 02:39 PM

DING DING DING!!!

preachermatt83
11-03-2013, 02:42 PM
well, that's changed in the last week or two then... I'm starting to wonder if this is becoming an offense vs defense issue with the D still supporting him along with Dak and others being upset.

This is pretty close to what's happening but it goes a little deeper than that.

hells bells
11-03-2013, 06:23 PM
^Printed by ole miss fans and sent to all our recruits

Dunb asses like this make me hate elitedawgs ect.

donald igwebuike
11-03-2013, 06:37 PM

as long as they're playing hard I don't give a 17 if its fun.

Gonna see if I can get some real info from one of the player's dad.

Raytoraid83
11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
as long as they're playing hard I don't give a 17 if its fun.

Gonna see if I can get some real info from one of the player's dad.

Sounds good lemme know what he says