03-31-2020, 07:20 PM
2 sports!

https://twitter.com/sawrobertson12/status/1245140742038794240?s=21

msstate7
03-31-2020, 07:30 PM
Very nice

KOdawg1
03-31-2020, 07:32 PM
Best HS qb prospect we've gotten in awhile. I'm cool with setting up a Texas pipeline

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2020, 07:48 PM
2 sports!

https://twitter.com/sawrobertson12/status/1245140742038794240?s=21

Significantly better football player than baseball.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2020, 07:48 PM
Best HS qb prospect we've gotten in awhile. I'm cool with setting up a Texas pipeline

In a while?

Maybe in our history. Who was better?

HailStateSZN19
03-31-2020, 07:52 PM
Hopefully he’s developed some bonds with some TX WR’s like Theodore Knox....

Bothrops
03-31-2020, 08:28 PM
To be done with qb recruiting right now, is a big advantage.

Matt3467
03-31-2020, 08:44 PM

In a while?

Yea we've only recently been able to recruit well at the QB position. It's odd though considering the other Mississippi schools (prior to Dak) all have a history of great QBs. Outside of maybe Bond no one else stands out like Favre, Mcnair, Collier, the Mannings,and Conerly. Mostly Ole Miss but Alcorn St and Southern Miss have had some good ones.

calidawg
03-31-2020, 09:11 PM
In a while?

Keaton

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2020, 10:40 PM
Keaton

KT was 92 rated with a bad throwing motion.

Tyler Russell was 91 rated.

Sawyer is 93 rated with a good throwing motion.

Sawyer is the highest rated QB we've ever gotten & I think Leach has gotten out of HS I believe

msu15
04-01-2020, 12:16 AM
KT was 92 rated with a bad throwing motion.

Tyler Russell was 91 rated.

Sawyer is 93 rated with a good throwing motion.

Sawyer is the highest rated QB we've ever gotten & I think Leach has gotten out of HS I believe

I've seen some vets of the boards say Kevin Fant was a 5 star at one point during his recruitment.

ZedFedder
04-01-2020, 12:51 AM
There is an ESPN story on the front part of my ESPN app about us getting Sawyer Robertson. Leach getting us publicity... No way that happens with previous coaches.

KOdawg1
04-01-2020, 07:28 AM
I've seen some vets of the boards say Kevin Fant was a 5 star at one point during his recruitment.
That's kinda who I was referencing but regardless, a huge get for us. He can sling it.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 08:41 AM

I'm not sure recruiting rankings existed at that time.

TheLostDawg
04-01-2020, 09:22 AM
247 composite says highest ranked player we've had that plays QB. #163 nationally. KT was around 176.

Dolphus Raymond
04-01-2020, 09:27 AM
Some uplifting news that I badly needed.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 09:47 AM
247 composite says highest ranked player we've had that plays QB. #163 nationally. KT was around 176.

And by watching video on him, he may be underrated. We've never brought in a QB that throws the ball like this regardless of what the recruiting rankings say

This guy has Russell Wilson type deep ball ability

msstate7
04-01-2020, 09:51 AM
And by watching video on him, he may be underrated. We've never brought in a QB that throws the ball like this regardless of what the recruiting rankings say

Good grief, here we go... Russell Wilson is arguably the best deep passer in the nfl. I love Sawyer, and I'm thrilled we got him, but come on

BeardoMSU
04-01-2020, 10:06 AM
Good grief, here we go... Russell Wilson is arguably the best deep passer in the nfl. I love Sawyer, and I'm thrilled we got him, but come on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHYsqyf1j_0

KOdawg1
04-01-2020, 10:23 AM

Better comparison is Drew Lock. And I'm ok with that

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 10:23 AM

For 17s sake. Could you please relax. Just making a point on ingredients. Stop taking everything so damn literal. It ruins the ability to have discussions.

This kid throws one hell of a deep ball on film & the trajectory out of his hand reminds me of Russell Wilson's.

Is it as good as Wilson's? Probably not, but my comparison highlights what I see as special about the player & then I compared it to someone that is also special in that area.

it's pretty simple to figure out so long as you have a brain & realize that even if we saw HS film of Russell Wilson, it would be ridiculous to say that the player will actually be Russell Wilson.

Your intent on sounding smart actually makes you dumb.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 10:25 AM
Better comparison is Drew Lock. And I'm ok with that

Yeah. Good comparison. Heck year we'd be OK with that.

FWIW, I wasn't comparing his overall ability to Russell Wilson. Was just comparing one aspect of his game.

Overall, he actually reminds me of Nick Foles

msstate7
04-01-2020, 10:32 AM
For 17s sake. Could you please relax. Just making a point on ingredients. Stop taking everything so damn literal. It ruins the ability to have discussions.

This kid throws one hell of a deep ball on film & the trajectory out of his hand reminds me of Russell Wilson's.

Is it as good as Wilson's? Probably not, but my comparison highlights what I see as special about the player & then I compared it to someone that is also special in that area.

it's pretty simple to figure out so long as you have a brain & realize that even if we saw HS film of Russell Wilson, it would be ridiculous to say that the player will actually be Russell Wilson.

Ok, how about don't get carried away with dumb comparisons? Remember Stevens being a better passer than dak?

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 10:38 AM
Ok, how about don't get carried away with dumb comparisons? Remember Stevens being a better passer than dak?

Stevens, when he read the field correctly, had quality footwork, & was healthy did throw a better ball than Dak in my opinion. Dak was significantly better is all the other areas, which makes him an obviously much better QB. That wasn't what I was comparing though. I was comparing the actual touch on the pass.

Must be fun to just call people on their opinion without ever putting your own opinions out there.

Can't sound stupid if you never put out your own creative opinion can you? Which basically makes you worthless & someone that would get fired for bringing no value.

Again, your intent on sounding smart makes you an idiot because you consistently miss the point

msstate7
04-01-2020, 10:39 AM
Stevens, when he read the field correctly, had quality footwork, & was healthy did throw a better ball than Dak in my opinion. Dak was significantly better is all the other areas, which makes him an obviously much better QB. That wasn't what I was comparing though. I was comparing the actual touch on the pass.

Must be fun to just call people on their opinion without ever putting your own opinions out there.

Can't sound stupid if you never put own your own creative opinion can you? Which basically makes you worthless & someone that would get fired for bring no value.

I don't put my opinions out here? Lol, good one

ETA... anyway, forget it. Sawyer is one hell of a recruit. I'm absolutely thrilled we have him. Maybe he's as good as Russell deep and Brees underneath.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 10:44 AM
I don't put my opinions out here? Lol, good one

ETA... anyway, forget it. Sawyer is one hell of a recruit. I'm absolutely thrilled we have him. Maybe he's as good as Russell deep and Brees underneath.

Maybe he is or maybe he isn't. Or maybe one thing he does kind of reminds you of someone

Again, I'm convinced you could be watching the HS version of Tom Brady on film & call someone out if they said the video reminded them of Tom Brady?

See the problem here?

Dawgology
04-01-2020, 10:54 AM
Awesome pick up! Hail State!!

ScoobaDawg
04-01-2020, 11:03 AM

Shhh didn't you hear. He won the NC in hs for best spin rate.

But for real, it's a hugeeee get. super excited to see how the QB battles work out over the next 3-4 years.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 11:13 AM
Shhh didn't you hear. He won the NC in hs for best spin rate.

But for real, it's a hugeeee get. super excited to see how the QB battles work out over the next 3-4 years.

Lots of options for sure. If Leach's track record is any evidence, out of this group, we'll have one hell of a starter

His track record also indicates that he can turn 1 year starters into NFL players. So I don't think we'll see too many transfers either

HoopsDawg
04-01-2020, 11:13 AM

Fant was never a 5 star. Rodney Hudson was probably the highest rated QB we've ever signed. But based on offers, I think Robertson takes the top spot now. Legit offers from Texas and Southern Cal.

ZedFedder
04-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Fant was never a 5 star. Rodney Hudson was probably the highest rated QB we've ever signed. But based on offers, I think Robertson takes the top spot now. Legit offers from Texas and Southern Cal.

Correct. Apparently Texas was really recruiting him hard. If Texas wanted him, out of all the QBs in Texas they could get, that should tell you a whole lot.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 12:11 PM
Correct. Apparently Texas was really recruiting him hard. If Texas wanted him, out of all the QBs in Texas they could get, that should tell you a whole lot.

I remember when the NFL had 9 starting QBs one week a few years from the state of Texas & ZERO of them played for Texas.

So, it seems to be a good omen to get a QB from Texas that doesn't actually play for the Longhorns

TheLostDawg
04-01-2020, 12:11 PM
Yes but y'all also have to think about is not only his value as a top QB but value as a recruiter for wr committing this early and in a time like this.

msstate7
04-01-2020, 12:15 PM

To be fair, Texas has a commitment at qb that is rated higher in composite and 247. 247 rating is really close though, 94 to 93

msbulldog
04-01-2020, 12:22 PM

I watched the film, very impressive deep ball and the analysis from Gabe Brooks on 247 says his short to intermediate throws are his strength.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 12:33 PM
I watched the film, very impressive deep ball and the analysis from Gabe Brooks on 247 says his short to intermediate throws are his strength.

Well, I guess he's just pretty 17ing good then.

I trust Leach. Leach's background says that we could sign the #1 QB in America & a transfer 3 star will end up being a Heisman candidate.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-01-2020, 12:36 PM
To be fair, Texas has a commitment at qb that is rated higher in composite and 247. 247 rating is really close though, 94 to 93

Yep. Robertson & Nussmeir are supposedly the only 2 other QB's they were willing to take with this kid. They are expecting a 1 QB class but those 2 were too good to pass up if they could've gotten them. Says a lot about both when they already have the top rated QB in the state.

ETA: Once Robertson gets re-rated correctly on rivals (3* there), his composite is going to really shoot up. He's the 51st rated player on ESPN & 154 on just the 247 ratings. Kid is a huge pull.

msstate7
04-01-2020, 12:38 PM
Well, I guess he's just pretty 17ing good then.

I trust Leach. Leach's background says that we could sign the #1 QB in America & a transfer 3 star will end up being a Heisman candidate.

I would think we prefer accuracy on short passes than on deep looking at Washington st's yds/att

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-01-2020, 12:56 PM
In a while?

KJ Costello: 0.9749

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 12:59 PM
KJ Costello: 0.9749

Correct. The insinuation was "out of HS".

Either way, we've got a blue blood QB room.

1bigdawg
04-01-2020, 01:07 PM
John Bond was the #1 option QB in the country out of high school. No rankings back then, but I believe he was consensus #1.

Commercecomet24
04-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Correct. The insinuation was "out of HS".

Either way, we've got a blue blood QB room.

Yep and it's deep and talented.

Bothrops
04-01-2020, 01:35 PM

Can't sound stupid if you never put out your own creative opinion can you? Which basically makes you worthless & someone that would get fired for bringing no value.

Again, your intent on sounding smart makes you an idiot because you consistently miss the point

Dak throws an NFL ball better than a college ball.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2020, 01:41 PM
Dak throws an NFL ball better than a college ball.

Agree completely. The touch that Stevens showed on the ball early last season when healthy was better than what Dak showed in college.

That was my point. Obviously it looks ridiculous now, but it's important to realize that I was comparing an ingredient & not the entire meal

FISHDAWG
04-01-2020, 02:30 PM
Agree completely. The touch that Stevens showed on the ball early last season when healthy was better than what Dak showed in college.

That was my point. Obviously it looks ridiculous now, but it's important to realize that I was comparing an ingredient & not the entire meal

totally agree here that Tommy had better touch ... I also think Tyler Russell had better touch and accuracy than Dak but it takes a total package (including leadership and respect) and Dak excelled with that package ..... here's to hoping Sawyer develops the "total package" as we already know he has the talent