PDA

View Full Version : Theory on Mullen's coaching tendencies this season.

thf24
11-03-2013, 10:34 AM
To begin, I am NOT trying to defend Mullen with this post and I do not necessarily believe it myself.

After the OSU game, what if Mullen finally came to the conclusion that he cannot effectively use Russell in his offense and, given that he has a tough schedule, a QB on the bench who fits his system but still needs to go through growing pains, a young, inexperienced receiving corps, a weak secondary, and an extremely talented kicker with a head case, decided to mark this season down as a wash and use it to prepare for 2014. In my opinion, playing mostly Dak after OSU (even though that should happen anyway), rotating a ton of guys on defense even in big games, insisting on trotting Bell out despite miss after miss, lacking fire on the sideline, and having a sense of apathy and nonchalance when talking to the media are all possible indicators.

There are a few things that would seem to contradict this idea (playing mostly Perkins over J-Rob and Shumpert and continuing to play Whitley to name a few) but all in all, I think the idea is somewhat plausible. However, like I said, I'm not trying to defend Mullen in the slightest, and if by some wild chance this were true, it would be even more evidence that he needs to go.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Your right he could be doing that but I have no idea why he would considering we had a shot at at least 8 wins this year. If this is true he doesn't deserve to be here next year. Hire Hud

geotop
11-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I read that Mullen was saiving TR for next week. Didnt want to aggravate his ankle at SoCar

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 10:42 AM
I read that Mullen was saiving TR for next week. Didnt want to aggravate his ankle at SoCar

Why in the hell would he save TR for next week when A&M cant stop the running game to save their lives? Prescott is perfect vs A&M but knowing how idiotic Dan has been this year it wouldn't surprise me if that's what he does.

hacker
11-03-2013, 10:42 AM
At least 8 wins this year? Laughable. Hardly anybody on ED gave us a chance to win more than 6 before the year. I predicted 6, too. Everyone was saying "2014 is the year we'll win 8+" and now that it's actually happening, our fan base is freaking out. I guess they didn't expect their predictions to come true.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 10:44 AM
At least 8 wins this year? Laughable. Hardly anybody on ED gave us a chance to win more than 6 before the year. I predicted 6, too. Everyone was saying "2014 is the year we'll win 8+" and now that it's actually happening, our fan base is freaking out. I guess they didn't expect their predictions to come true.

OSU, Auburn, TSUN, Arky. BGSU, Troy, Alcorn, Kentucky. 8 wins. not to mention LSU, which we had a chance, A&M we have a chance at if Dan doesn't blow it.