PDA

View Full Version : If anybody is interested this post is about MSU football

TaleofTwoDogs
03-28-2020, 10:37 PM
Got bored so I decided to jump over to 24/7 and look at the class of 2020 highlight videos. I'm usually not that impressed with these kinds of videos as they represent the best of the best and typically any P5 recruit will look like a man among boys in these highlights. But I got to tell you, Will Rogers looks like the real deal. Fundamentals. technique, field awareness and his arm look like (dare I say it) Dak. He looks like a QB not an athlete playing the position. Don't know if he has the true "it" factor but if he does, after KJ, it may be the Rogers show.

Todd4State
03-28-2020, 11:09 PM
I think Rogers is going to be a better fit for Leach's system than he would have been under Joe's. From what I have heard Leach likes to play older QB's probably because his system is so reliant on the QB making the play calls. After Costello graduates I could see us trying to get another grad transfer maybe depending on what we do with Garrett Shrader who I think we could redshirt. I think Shrader will also be a good fit in Leach's system because he is accurate and he has shown flashes where he goes through multiple progressions and made plays- see the key 4th down conversion in the Egg Bowl to Deddrick Thomas.

I could see:

Costello 2020
Shrader 2021-2022
Rogers 2023-2024

Or something like that.

Walkerhill
03-29-2020, 08:08 AM
What do we know about the Vandy transfer qb? I assume he fits the Leach mold? What were the circumstances around his transfer from Vandy - depth chart or other?

Jarius
03-29-2020, 10:48 AM
I think Rogers is going to be a better fit for Leach's system than he would have been under Joe's. From what I have heard Leach likes to play older QB's probably because his system is so reliant on the QB making the play calls. After Costello graduates I could see us trying to get another grad transfer maybe depending on what we do with Garrett Shrader who I think we could redshirt. I think Shrader will also be a good fit in Leach's system because he is accurate and he has shown flashes where he goes through multiple progressions and made plays- see the key 4th down conversion in the Egg Bowl to Deddrick Thomas.

I could see:

Costello 2020
Shrader 2021-2022
Rogers 2023-2024

Or something like that.

I don't think Shrader will play another meaningful down at MSU barring injury to people in front of him. I do really like Will Rogers and hope he can translate to SEC football.

dawgday166
03-29-2020, 10:52 AM
I don't think Shrader will play another meaningful down at MSU barring injury to people in front of him. I do really like Will Rogers and hope he can translate to SEC football.

Regardless of how well he can execute the offense, he better clean up his habits (from what I've read) or he be gone. Leach won't put up with that shit.

MaroonFlounder
03-29-2020, 01:25 PM
Regardless of how well he can execute the offense, he better clean up his habits (from what I've read) or he be gone. Leach won't put up with that shit.

The maturation process has not happened for Lt. Shrader.