hacker
11-03-2013, 10:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BaUWhxF.png

Churchill
11-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Sad

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 10:32 AM
If Mullen will call some decent plays we'll cover and even have a shot to win, if he does the crap he did yesterday A&M will cover that spread

bully99
11-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Bears -17 against hogs

engie
11-03-2013, 10:33 AM
All is well

Jdawg
11-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Dang, Vegas is usually pretty accurate too. They must not be watching the same team I saw yesterday. I still think we keep it close with a chance to win.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 10:44 AM
If Mullen will call some decent plays we'll cover and even have a shot to win, if he does the crap he did yesterday A&M will cover that spread

GOOD LORD, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL. WOW!!!

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 10:47 AM
GOOD LORD, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL. WOW!!!

Okay dude. I could sit here and defend myself about all that but I aint gonna go into all that without tellin you a lot about me personally im here to talk State football so tell me, what leads you to that conclusion. Teach me Coach

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Okay dude. I could sit here and defend myself about all that but I aint gonna go into all that without tellin you a lot about me personally im here to talk State football so tell me, what leads you to that conclusion. Teach me Coach

Because you are blaming play calling when that is clearly not the problem.

Just so you know, people that blame play calling without any specifics are 99.9% of the time the people who know the least about the game. Your statement shows your ignorance because you clearly couldn't come up with a better answer, so instead you used the most over used cliche in all of football.

step up your game if you want people to think you have a clue.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 11:23 AM

Just so you know, people that blame play calling without any specifics are 99.9% of the time the people who know the least about the game. Your statement shows your ignorance because you clearly couldn't come up with a better answer, so instead you used the most over used cliche in all of football.

Okay coach how about this, we averaged about 4.5 yds per carry yesterday, with the leading rusher in the SEC for QB's starting at QB. We passed it 45 times on the road vs Jadeveon Clowney and SC's d-line. You tell me how that makes sense. When we ran our offense which is read option, and running the ball, we moved it, kept Conner Shaw on the sidelines and were in the game. Oh and don't forget, when we did throw it, it wasn't a down the field shot or anything that would complement our run game, we threw bubble screen left and right, that weren't even blocked well enough to work most of the time, but we still continued to do it. That good enough for ya?

Statecoachingblows**
11-03-2013, 12:12 PM
That's just the point difference for the second half right??

was21
11-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Do you mean if Dak does that crap that he did yesterday they will cover

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Do you mean if Dak does that crap that he did yesterday they will cover
No I mean if Mullen calls 43 passes with a team that can run the ball down A&M's throat and a QB that leads the SEC in rushing they will cover. I know Dak threw some picks but one was Morrow's fault for bad postioning and the other he got hit while he was throwing. The one where he hit D-day in the facemask with it is his fault. But once again if Dan didn't call so many passes and stuck with the option and ground game , which was working, we wouldn't have 5 turnovers and would've been in the game late at least

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 12:41 PM

In my opinion, it shows that you don't know as much as you seem to think. Dak didn't call 43+'pass attempts for himself yesterday against a great pass rushing team on the road, did he? And Dak didn't keep himself in the game when it was clear that he was not throwing it well, and Dan was obviously going to continue calling pass plays. You think you are so damn smart about football, when the truth is, if you can't see the horrible coaching job yesterday IN ADDITION to Dak's turnovers, you are being just as ignorant as those that place zero blame on Dak.

The truth is, Dak made several bad decisions yesterday and that's going to happen at times. But as the head coach, you put him in a position to fail by calling more than 43 pass plays. And then when it's obvious that he is not having his best game,you either run the ball more or change the QB....not call MORE pass plays.

I'm not wanting to turn this into a thread between mine and your viewpoints...but to act like you are some guru just because someone has a different viewpoint THAT THEY CAN BACK UP WITH FACTS....is horseshit IMO.

I am not defending everything Dawgsbite says, because I don't agree with some of it, but him saying our play calling was a big reason we lost yesterday is accurate. Our play calling and coaching had as much blame as Dak's turnovers. Reminds me of the northwestern game.....the first few INT's are on the QB, but after that it's on the coaches for not changing something

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 12:44 PM
In my opinion, it shows that you don't know as much as you seem to think. Dak didn't call 43+'pass attempts for himself yesterday against a great pass rushing team on the road, did he? And Dak didn't keep himself in the game when it was clear that he was not throwing it well, and Dan was obviously going to continue calling pass plays. You think you are so damn smart about football, when the truth is, if you can't see the horrible coaching job yesterday IN ADDITION to Dak's turnovers, you are being just as ignorant as those that place zero blame on Dak.

The truth is, Dak made several bad decisions yesterday and that's going to happen at times. But as the head coach, you put him in a position to fail by calling more than 43 pass plays. And then when it's obvious that he is not having his best game,you either run the ball more or change the QB....not call MORE pass plays.

I'm not wanting to turn this into a thread between mine and your viewpoints...but to act like you are some guru just because someone has a different viewpoint THAT THEY CAN BACK UP WITH FACTS....is horseshit

Thank you Cadaver

HancockCountyDog
11-03-2013, 12:45 PM

How is this : Call more run plays, Call less pass plays;

civildawg
11-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Free money

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Just curious, but with CBS having a double header Saturday, what's the chance that we get the privilege to enjoy Timmy B's and Archie's analysis of our game?

ckDOG
11-03-2013, 07:09 PM
60% run / 40% pass. Of the runs, 70% should be Dak and JR attempting to wear down their line. The other 30 can be draw type plays to LP. That's our only chance at keeping their offense off the field and wearing their defense down enough to give us a chance to score enough to win. If we get pass happy and try to out finesse a light defense I'm going to blow a gasket.

angusyoung
11-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Like I said last week when we opened as a 13 point dog, it's gonna get ugly. We've been through this before where we start mailing it in and Vegas can't make the spreads big enough.

I seen it dawg
11-03-2013, 09:23 PM

Are you fn serious? You must be an idiot. Because of your incorrect thinking about play calling and even moreso because of your last statement. It's appropriate you decided to go silent in this thread and leave this one alone. Maybe you aren't as big an idiot as I originally thought.

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 09:23 PM
We go to the line with a pass run option a lot and take what the defense give us based on how many are in the box. A lot of those throws yesterday were likely reads at the line based on the defense. Dak has to complete those throws for us to free up the run game. It was a good learning experience for him and hopefully it's out of his system. I hope he understands the value of taking a sack or throwing it away now.

I seen it dawg
11-03-2013, 09:25 PM
We go to the line with a pass run option a lot and take what the defense give us based on how many are in the box. A lot of those throws yesterday were likely reads at the line based on the defense. Dak has to complete those throws for us to free up the run game. It was a good learning experience for him and hopefully it's out of his system. I hope he understands the value of taking a sack or throwing it away now.

With a young inexperienced QB we need to CALL more runs to allow for an easier pass game. Dak made some terrible decisions but putting him in a better situation to succeed is on the play caller. Ours didn't do anything to help our QB.

oldjoedawg
11-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Just curious, but with CBS having a double header Saturday, what's the chance that we get the privilege to enjoy Timmy B's and Archie's analysis of our game?

Brando is calling our game.....don't remember who his partner will be....Archie Who can no longer be involved in the media calling/commenting on games since he is on the committee which will choose the four play-off teams next year....