PDA

View Full Version : Its Simple

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 09:53 AM
First time posting on here so figured I'd start a thread. Been reading these forums for a while now without being a member but I just couldn't bite my tongue any longer. The ONLY way Mullen should stay is if we win 6 games. There is too much talent on this team to not win 6 and the only reason we are not there now is because of one simple thing, COACHING. Dan couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper sack , he's got players that can play on both sides. Lewis, Robinson, Prescott, all with tons of talent. He misuses J-Rob every week, its clear he's a better option than Perkins at this point as far as downhill running. Lewis has had a breakout year he gets the ball I'll give Dan that. But to throw the ball almost 50 times yesterday against a D-Line like SC has is idiotic. What makes it even worse is that you have the SEC's leading rusher for QB's starting for you. When we ran the ball we moved the ball and scored, when we threw the ball we threw picks and had 3 and outs. Just another week for Dan though. Same song different verse. Its happened all year this year, decent to good first half, blow it in the 2nd half. Its embarrassing, we have just as much or more talent than OK State, Auburn, and SC. But we lost all 3 because of horrible play calling, game management, penalties etc. If we don't pull out 6 wins its time for Hudspeth. Period.

Pollodawg
11-03-2013, 09:57 AM
First time posting on here so figured I'd start a thread. Been reading these forums for a while now without being a member but I just couldn't bite my tongue any longer. The ONLY way Mullen should stay is if we win 6 games. There is too much talent on this team to not win 6 and the only reason we are not there now is because of one simple thing, COACHING. Dan couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper sack , he's got players that can play on both sides. Lewis, Robinson, Prescott, all with tons of talent. He misuses J-Rob every week, its clear he's a better option than Perkins at this point as far as downhill running. Lewis has had a breakout year he gets the ball I'll give Dan that. But to throw the ball almost 50 times yesterday against a D-Line like SC has is idiotic. What makes it even worse is that you have the SEC's leading rusher for QB's starting for you. When we ran the ball we moved the ball and scored, when we threw the ball we threw picks and had 3 and outs. Just another week for Dan though. Same song different verse. Its happened all year this year, decent to good first half, blow it in the 2nd half. Its embarrassing, we have just as much or more talent than OK State, Auburn, and SC. But we lost all 3 because of horrible play calling, game management, penalties etc. If we don't pull out 6 wins its time for Hudspeth. Period.

This is simply not true. Both of these teams have more talent across the board than we do. Auburn hauls in a top ten class damn near every year. SC recruits better than we do. Recruiting is part of the problem, but it's only part. The other half of the equation is that Dan runs the same bullshit ass plays no matter what the circumstance.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 10:00 AM
The other half of the equation is that Dan runs the same bullshit ass plays no matter what the circumstance.[/QUOTE]

You have proven that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to football. This is the most "meatball Mike" complaint you can actually have. Please go deeper into what play calls you would have changed yesterday.

I dying to hear this breakdown.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you about who has more talent as far as recruiting rankings and shit like that because what happens on the field is what proves talent, and State this year, because vs Auburn and yesterday, the talent level on the field was even, we went toe to toe with both of them but they have better coaches and that's what won them the game. It wasn't all Dans fault yesterday, I know Dak threw some picks one of them being just plain dumb but that's what happens when you throw it almost 50 times with Dak. He's a runner he's good for our system but Dan being the genius he is decides to throw it all day yesterday, didn't even take shots down the field to keep the safeties honest either it was bubble screen left and right all day. Horrible. RUN THE DAMN BALL and we would've been in the game late at least. Sick of *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* garbage

Pollodawg
11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
The other half of the equation is that Dan runs the same bullshit ass plays no matter what the circumstance.

You have proven that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to football. This is the most "meatball Mike" complaint you can actually have. Please go deeper into what play calls you would have changed yesterday.

I dying to hear this breakdown.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I wouldn't have thrown the ball half-a-hundred times and asked our spotty offensive line to pass block against that D line all game. Not to mention the fact that Mullen is continuously out coached, we always seem to abandon what works, and we never adjust at the half.

Pollodawg
11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you about who has more talent as far as recruiting rankings and shit like that because what happens on the field is what proves talent, and State this year, because vs Auburn and yesterday, the talent level on the field was even, we went toe to toe with both of them but they have better coaches and that's what won them the game. It wasn't all Dans fault yesterday, I know Dak threw some picks one of them being just plain dumb but that's what happens when you throw it almost 50 times with Dak. He's a runner he's good for our system but Dan being the genius he is decides to throw it all day yesterday, didn't even take shots down the field to keep the safeties honest either it was bubble screen left and right all day. Horrible. RUN THE DAMN BALL and we would've been in the game late at least. Sick of *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* garbage

I am actually agreeing with you. I think you missed that point from my earlier post.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Ha my bad then man. My point is, if we don't get to 6 wins with this team, its underachieving and with the way ended last year, and as ugly as it has been this year, Hudspeth is just too good of a fit to pass on. He'd be a perfect fit for Dak in his offense, and he should keep Collins as DC if he gets hired.

geotop
11-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I have been a solid supporter of D Mullen, but what you wrote is spot-on. If we dont win 6, I will openly
support his removal and push to hire a big name coach.

How about Bobby Petrino ? He could ride his motorcycle all over starkvegas

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I have been a solid supporter of D Mullen, but what you wrote is spot-on. If we dont win 6, I will openly
support his removal and push to hire a big name coach.

How about Bobby Petrino ? He could ride his motorcycle all over starkvegas

Petrino would be good here for a few years, but ultimately would leave for a better job. MSU would just be a stepping stone. Everyone wants Hud because MSU is his dream job and he would be full invested like Freeze is at OM.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Petrino would be good here for a few years, but ultimately would leave for a better job. MSU would just be a stepping stone. Everyone wants Hud because MSU is his dream job and he would be full invested like Freeze is at OM.

Hud is too good of a fit to pass on, idk if State is his ''dream job'' but I do know hes from Louisville MS, and has been here before and was a helluva play caller for us in 2010. He runs a perfect system for Dak, its a spread option ground and pound, perfect for our team so there would be a good transition to his system and the thing I love the most is that his piss is hot 24/7. Meaning he's an intense guy that's gonna do more than just chew on his playcard and giggle after a shitty performance like Dan is known to do. I honestly believe than Stricklin is smart enough to see this.

Pollodawg
11-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Let's face reality. In year two, Freeze has wiped away everything Mullen has done. He took OM to a bowl in season one and beat State coming off of a worse season than we were when we hired Dan. The man beat a top ten team in year two, not to mention half of the team was out and hauled in a top ten recruiting class. Mullen has done none of those things, and it's year friggen five. Same thing with Malzhan. We aren't behind. We're being lapped. We are staring down the barrell of a 5-7season in Dan's fifth year. Tell me why he makes 2.6 Million a year. Gimme one good reason. The fact that some of our fans horrifies me.

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 11:55 AM
the most attractive thing about Hud to me is that if he came, and if he worked out well, he's be here for a long, long time. I could envision sustained success under him... but even if he doesn't, the school now has enough money to hire a top 15 coaching staff. It's just a matter of whether they want to invest in brick and mortar or wins.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Let's face reality. In year two, Freeze has wiped away everything Mullen has done. He took OM to a bowl in season one and beat State coming off of a worse season than we were when we hired Dan. The man beat a top ten team in year two, not to mention half of the team was out and hauled in a top ten recruiting class. Mullen has done none of those things, and it's year friggen five. Same thing with Malzhan. We aren't behind. We're being lapped. We are staring down the barrell of a 5-7season in Dan's fifth year. Tell me why he makes 2.6 Million a year. Gimme one good reason. The fact that some of our fans horrifies me.

I want Mullen gone too but not because of what Rev. Freeze has done at TSUN. I don't care if we're 0-11 going into the Egg Bowl im still gonna say were gonna beat their ass and be pulling like hell that we do. Mullen could beat Freeze this year but even that may not be enough to justify all the BS he's done this year. I played with a defensive player that's at state now and are good friends with a big shot in the bulldog club and they plain out just don't like Mullen. He comes off as a prick and he's a yankee that's one thing they don't like about him ha cant say I blame them on that. If we win 6 I could see him staying if he doesn't he needs to be on the first bus out of here and Hud should be on the first one in

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 12:01 PM
anyone that says we should eliminate 3/4's of the country in our search for a head football coach doesn't really want what's best for MSU.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 12:12 PM
anyone that says we should eliminate 3/4's of the country in our search for a head football coach doesn't really want what's best for MSU.

You tell me whos a better fit for State then and also, who would come

Pollodawg
11-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I want Mullen gone too but not because of what Rev. Freeze has done at TSUN. I don't care if we're 0-11 going into the Egg Bowl im still gonna say were gonna beat their ass and be pulling like hell that we do. Mullen could beat Freeze this year but even that may not be enough to justify all the BS he's done this year. I played with a defensive player that's at state now and are good friends with a big shot in the bulldog club and they plain out just don't like Mullen. He comes off as a prick and he's a yankee that's one thing they don't like about him ha cant say I blame them on that. If we win 6 I could see him staying if he doesn't he needs to be on the first bus out of here and Hud should be on the first one in

That's just throwing out a point of comparison at at similar program. Why can't we do what they've done? Hell, they aren't any better than we are.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 12:24 PM
That's just throwing out a point of comparison at at similar program. Why can't we do what they've done? Hell, they aren't any better than we are.

Ding Ding Ding !!! I agree totally.

HunterDawg
11-03-2013, 01:16 PM
This is simply not true. Both of these teams have more talent across the board than we do. Auburn hauls in a top ten class damn near every year. SC recruits better than we do. Recruiting is part of the problem, but it's only part. The other half of the equation is that Dan runs the same bullshit ass plays no matter what the circumstance.

We have to remember that we play in the SEC West. A team that would finish at or near the top in a lot of other conferences is toast in the SEC West.

We can be very good and not win a lot in this league. Losing doesn't mean our coach is an idiot or our players are lazy and stuff. Everyone has talent and good coaching. It is super high level competition.

It all goes in cycles. Auburn was down last year, Ark is way down, Vandy is up, Alabama even lost a lot of games a few years ago. We can't panic. Given time, it will all even out. 2014 will be very different if we keep our heads.

maroonmania
11-03-2013, 01:36 PM
We have to remember that we play in the SEC West. A team that would finish at or near the top in a lot of other conferences is toast in the SEC West.

We can be very good and not win a lot in this league. Losing doesn't mean our coach is an idiot or our players are lazy and stuff. Everyone has talent and good coaching. It is super high level competition.

It all goes in cycles. Auburn was down last year, Ark is way down, Vandy is up, Alabama even lost a lot of games a few years ago. We can't panic. Given time, it will all even out. 2014 will be very different if we keep our heads.

Problem is this year we barely got by the worst team in the SEC at home that plays in the other division. Right now I would say we are only slightly better than KY and Ark and maybe on par with TN and Vandy.