PDA

View Full Version : Christ Low & Schlabach Write Crap Article on MSU/OM

ShotgunDawg
03-25-2020, 12:33 PM
Just a really poorly written article written by Tennessee & Georgia writers that don't understand the rivalry.

Really wish we could get better content that this, surface level, garbage, terribly written article. Article was probably written 15 min with very little research.

Half ass effort. We deserve better.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28932239/lane-kiffin-mike-leach-wild-state-mississippi-football

Commercecomet24
03-25-2020, 12:43 PM
Good to see you're still fighting the good fight, Gun!

ShotgunDawg
03-25-2020, 12:50 PM
Good to see you're still fighting the good fight, Gun!

the article is lazy, lacks depth, or mis-represents the situation. As Matt Wyatt is talking about today, it's incredible that people get paid to write this garbage.

With more team oriented sites these day & in depth pieces, the national writers have got to step up & write better articles than this.

This IMO is why The Athletic is worth a subscription because The Athletic writers don't write dribble like this. They are much more creative, in depth, & thought provoking in their analysis.

Why the hell is Archie contacted here? What the hell does he have to do with this? Do these old SEC writers have another damn phone number in their phones than Archie's?

Demand better. This article is trash.

I'm tired of hearing about the Virus & want to talk football

Commercecomet24
03-25-2020, 12:55 PM
the article is lazy, lacks depth, or mis-represents the situation. As Matt Wyatt is talking about today, it's incredible that people get paid to write this garbage.

With more team oriented sites these day & in depth pieces, the national writers have got to step up & write better articles than this.

This IMO is why The Athletic is worth a subscription because The Athletic writers don't write dribble like this. They are much more creative, in depth, & thought provoking in their analysis.

Why the hell is Archie contacted here? What the hell does he have to do with this? Do these old SEC writers have another damn phone number in their phones than Archie's?

Demand better. This article is trash.

I'm glad to see you back at it, you posting a thread like this makes everything seem back to normal. Oh and I agree with you. The media in general has gotten extremely lazy minus a few really good ones. I love The Athletic, it's good stuff.

BeardoMSU
03-25-2020, 12:56 PM

Is the article the best? No, but at least we're being written about in a semi-positive way...

I actually didn't find it too bad. Yes it was derivative, basically the same "guess what Moore's piss celebration" did.....but they didn't throw any shade our way or anything. They could've gone into more depth about just how much a shitshow Joe was, but they at least touched on it.

Like I said, at least people care about us.....we could be Arkansas, South Carolina, Vandy, KY, etc., lol.

Also, reading quotes from Coach Leach gets me excited for football season. Thank Christ we pulled the trigger on Moorhead.

Commercecomet24
03-25-2020, 01:01 PM
Is the article the best? No, but at least we're being written about in a semi-positive way...

I actually didn't find it too bad. Yes it was derivative, basically the same "guess what Moore's piss celebration" did.....but they didn't throw any shade our way or anything. They could've gone into more depth about just how much a shitshow Joe was, but they at least touched on it.

Like I said, at least people care about us.....we could be Arkansas, South Carolina, Vandy, KY, etc., lol.

Also, reading quotes from Coach Leach gets me excited for football season. Thank Christ we pulled the trigger on Moorhead.

I don't think I could've lived through another season of jomo. It was hard to watch.

ShotgunDawg
03-25-2020, 01:01 PM
I'm glad to see you back at it, you posting a thread like this makes everything seem back to normal. Oh and I agree with you. The media in general has gotten extremely lazy minus a few really good ones. I love The Athletic, it's good stuff.

We have to get back to normal.

I can only take people freaking out about something they can't control for so long.

I agree with Steve Robertson in that watching the news all the time only makes you angry. I prefer to focus on the more exciting things in life.

BeardoMSU
03-25-2020, 01:09 PM
I prefer to focus on the more exciting things in life.

You're welcome.**

https://youtu.be/Ql1sR7xE2Cs?t=492

Commercecomet24
03-25-2020, 01:11 PM

I can only take people freaking out about something they can't control for so long.

I agree with Steve Robertson in that watching the news all the time only makes you angry. I prefer to focus on the more exciting things in life.

Same here!

FISHDAWG
03-25-2020, 02:09 PM

I find this absolutely hilarious for some reason ... but like you I'm ready for some football talk

Todd4State
03-25-2020, 03:29 PM
I don't think I could've lived through another season of jomo. It was hard to watch.

As I've said before my body fat percentage shouldn't be better than our linebackers.

R2Dawg
03-25-2020, 07:39 PM

More than we know. Jo would have had a built in excuse with no spring ball. One of biggest moves in MSU history potentially. So if we stay on our trend we have a bad coach, good coach since what 1980. Leach set to be a good coach.

Todd4State
03-25-2020, 08:07 PM
More than we know. Jo would have had a built in excuse with no spring ball. One of biggest moves in MSU history potentially. So if we stay on our trend we have a bad coach, good coach since what 1980. Leach set to be a good coach.

I guess it depends on if you think Bellard was a good coach or not? LOL. He definitely had a top five season in 1980.

TUSK
03-26-2020, 01:33 AM
This thread has officially tested "positive" for the coronavirus....

Jesus.

RiverCityDawg
03-26-2020, 07:02 AM
Just a really poorly written article written by Tennessee & Georgia writers that don't understand the rivalry.

Really wish we could get better content that this, surface level, garbage, terribly written article. Article was probably written 15 min with very little research.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28932239/lane-kiffin-mike-leach-wild-state-mississippi-football

After your set up, I was expecting much worse. I thought the article was fine for us.

If I were an ole miss fan I wouldn't be too enthused by some of Carter's quotes. He came across as a weak leader just trying to satisfy the majority of the fan base.

I liked the quotes from Rich Rod and Nix. Funny to see how in the moment they were knowing that Moore's cute celebration was probably going to get them all fired.

Overall I enjoyed the article and I'm happy to read anything about an embarrassing moment for ole miss and us replacing Joe with Leach. Would read again. Not every article is meant to be a long form masterpiece. Go read Dellenger or Bob Sturm who covers the Cowboys for the Athletic for that.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2020, 07:42 AM
After your set up, I was expecting much worse. I thought the article was fine for us.

If I were an ole miss fan I wouldn't be too enthused by some of Carter's quotes. He came across as a weak leader just trying to satisfy the majority of the fan base.

I liked the quotes from Rich Rod and Nix. Funny to see how in the moment they were knowing that Moore's cute celebration was probably going to get them all fired.

Overall I enjoyed the article and I'm happy to read anything about an embarrassing moment for ole miss and us replacing Joe with Leach. Would read again. Not every article is meant to be a long form masterpiece. Go read Dellenger or Bob Sturm who covers the Cowboys for the Athletic for that.

You sir have low expectations.

It was a poorly researched article that had many shallow, untrue statements in it. Written by a Tennessee grad and Georgia grad, I'd expect nothing less.

RiverCityDawg
03-26-2020, 08:45 AM

It was a poorly researched article that had many shallow, untrue statements in it. Written by a Tennessee grad and Georgia grad, I'd expect nothing less.

Maybe, but I would say more nuanced expectations. I don't judge all articles equally. It wasn't meant to be more than it was. Not everything is a deep dive. And what were the untrue statements?

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2020, 08:51 AM
Maybe, but I would say more nuanced expectations. I don't judge all articles equally. It wasn't meant to be more than it was. Not everything is a deep dive. And what were the untrue statements?

I don't think there is any chance Nix was talking about his job status on the head sets after Moore's antics. I think that was a straight up lie

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2020, 08:54 AM
The Mississippi football article recipe when written by outsiders:

1. Quote from Ole Miss head coach
2. Something about civil rights or how underrated the rivalry is (When anyone with a brain realizes it's one of the top 5 rivalries in American sports)
3. Random quote from Archie Manning which doesn't seem to fit.
4. Random quote from Rick Cleveland which undermines MSU and calls for less toxicity when the toxicity is what makes it fun
5. Small mention of MSU & maybe a quote
6. Talk about how both programs struggle.
7. The end.

deadheaddawg
03-26-2020, 08:55 AM
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed the article

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2020, 08:57 AM
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed the article

I also enjoy a McDonalds hamburger every once in a while

QuadrupleOption
03-26-2020, 10:23 AM

You've said this multiple times but have yet to provide any examples. Every quote in that article was directly sourced - I'm not sure what exactly they said that was untrue. No assertions were made.

I did enjoy this quote:

We haven't won a game yet, but we're relevant and relevant nationally because of his reputation and his name and the things he's accomplished in football.

Which speaks entirely to the Ole Miss mentality. "I mean yeah, he's accomplished nothing here but now people are talking about Ole Miss and that's really what we want because you have to pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee......"

Commercecomet24
03-26-2020, 10:31 AM
As I've said before my body fat percentage shouldn't be better than our linebackers.

That's hilarious!

Commercecomet24
03-26-2020, 10:33 AM
This thread has officially tested "positive" for the coronavirus....

Jesus.

LOL, I think we're all just getting brain dead from corona 24/7.

BB30
03-26-2020, 10:42 AM

Coming from the fellow that freaks out about every little thing that he can't control when it comes to State sports ha ha.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2020, 10:49 AM
Coming from the fellow that freaks out about every little thing that he can't control when it comes to State sports ha ha.

Except a freak out about very little

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2020, 12:42 PM
Nah, you probably lost your job because you developed no NFL draftable players

https://i.imgur.com/dPCT955.jpg

1bigdawg
04-27-2020, 12:51 PM

They quoted Nix. What he said may have been a lie, but their quote is not.

I will not otherwise defend the article.

confucius say
04-27-2020, 12:57 PM
They quoted Nix. What he said may have been a lie, but their quote is not.

I will not otherwise defend the article.

Think his post was directed at nix. Not the authors.

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2020, 12:58 PM

Correct.

Todd4State
04-27-2020, 01:03 PM

https://i.imgur.com/dPCT955.jpg

Pretty shortsighted to fire a coaching staff over one incident.

Of course the entire reason they were hired in the first place was because they won the 2017 Egg Bowl thanks to acting completely ridiculous and totally disrespectful to the game itself. And the POS officials that allowed them to get away with it.

BiscuitEater
04-27-2020, 01:12 PM

No one 'ever' seems to mention that Ole Miss fans were overjoyed when D.K. Metcalf did the same 'dog pee' pose in their 2017 win. Metcalf was a 'hero' for the pose while Elijah Moore was a 'goat' for the same pose that got the coaching staff fired.

Hambone
04-27-2020, 02:25 PM
Jesus Shotgun..... this thread went 32 days without a comment (which was, by you) only for you to come back and comment on it again?

Just liked to point out you have resorted to commenting on your own posts to bring them back to the front page.

Narcissistic much?

Turfdawg67
04-27-2020, 02:38 PM

Didn't know Nix was a poster on ED.

IMissJack
04-27-2020, 05:01 PM

Let me guess, they do however understand Texas vs A&M, which Texas leads 75-37-5 (And A&M was not relevant at all until Sherrill) .
Michigan vs Mich St. UM- 71-36-5

There are plenty of rivalries that don't mean anything other than to the teams playing. Minnesota vs Wisconsin, oh give me some of that...
Many rivalries come from 50-75 years ago, when a lot of schools had similar talent levels, (even though MSU did not seem to). If you look at the last 30 years, I doubt you will find many rivalries that are as even as MSU vs. OM. In fact, with about 10 schools getting most of the best talent, a lot of rivalries that are still called rivalries just are not any more.

Sienfield
04-27-2020, 05:50 PM
I wish the article had touched on our bleachers needing an awning on them.***

TUSK
04-28-2020, 12:13 AM
Damn, this thread caught the Corona, recovered, but caught it, again....

Die, thread, die....