PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Egg Bowl again tonight, I have to admit

R2Dawg
03-24-2020, 08:49 PM
I love running the football. I've watched MSU over 5 decades and that is what we do and we do it well. Nasty OL, power RB or speed, and great QB runners.

I will adjust to our new air raid as long as it moves the chains and scores but there is just something about run the ball down your throat that is just MSU.

Haddix, Roberts, Bond, Keffer, Davis, Bouie, JJ, Miller, Griffith, Norwood, Dixon, Robinson, Ballard, Fitz, Dak, Williams, Hill, etc. I am sure I missed someone big, there have been so many.

Excited for next year just the feeling I have about MSU football. That said I am ready to see what Leach can do.

Pinto
03-24-2020, 09:18 PM
What gets me is every pass play ole miss has lineman 10 yds downfield. Refs didn?t notice/call it until 4th quarter.

Joebob
03-24-2020, 09:47 PM
I love running the football. I've watched MSU over 5 decades and that is what we do and we do it well. Nasty OL, power RB or speed, and great QB runners.

I will adjust to our new air raid as long as it moves the chains and scores but there is just something about run the ball down your throat that is just MSU.

Haddix, Roberts, Bond, Keffer, Davis, Bouie, JJ, Miller, Griffith, Norwood, Dixon, Robinson, Ballard, Fitz, Dak, Williams, Hill, etc. I am sure I missed someone big, there have been so many.

Excited for next year just the feeling I have about MSU football. That said I am ready to see what Leach can do.

Me too. Love running the ball no matter what size back we have.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2020, 09:56 PM
What gets me is every pass play ole miss has lineman 10 yds downfield. Refs didn?t notice/call it until 4th quarter.

Yep and that was supposed to be a point of emphasis this year.

Todd4State
03-24-2020, 11:32 PM

Hugh Freeze and Gus Mahlzahn have made a nice career off of SEC officials overlooking that rule.

Lord McBuckethead
03-25-2020, 11:16 AM
And we will too this year. Tunnel screen with all 5 linemen out front.

R2Dawg
03-25-2020, 12:08 PM
And we will too this year. Tunnel screen with all 5 linemen out front.

Yeah and this will be the year they decide to enforce it slowing down air raid offense. Figures.

TheLostDawg
03-25-2020, 05:16 PM
We'll still see our running backs perform. Just in open space now.

Lord McBuckethead
03-25-2020, 05:43 PM
The mythical open space argument.
I do see Leach getting us finally to open the field and getting our RBs matched up with LB in the open field. Why? Cause he will throw the ball all over the place, whether we are ready for it or not.
I see this first year as a potential 7-5 year with us building to a 10 win season within 3 years. This has been our best chance to do it in a long time. We just need some studs on defense and some stud WRs. We have the RBs to do it. We have the offensive line. We will have the qb to get it done.