PDA

View Full Version : I'm willing to give Mullen another year

civildawg
11-03-2013, 09:36 AM
But only that we have to win a minimum of 8 regular season games next year. Are we all in agreement that if he wins less than 8 he deserves to go?

engie
11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
The only reason I'm not in favor of that is because I'm of the opinion that you can't fire a bowl coach at MSU. So, IMO that locks him in for another one...

If it was a simple "keep/fire Mullen" thing -- without the Hudspeth stuff happening in the background -- it's a totally different approach.

Op4isabitch
11-03-2013, 10:15 AM
This team reminds me of Nutts last ole miss team. Totally out coached in every game, the players seem to have lost faith in the staff and I don't see the Mu-llen era ending well but I do see it ending soon. I don't see us keeping him if we lose out this year and that's what is going to happen.

engie
11-03-2013, 10:37 AM
This team reminds me of Nutts 2010 ole miss team. Totally out coached in every game, the players seem to have lost faith in the staff and I don't see the Mu-llen era ending well but I do see it ending soon. I don't see us keeping him if we lose out this year and that's what is going to happen.

FIFY

The career path similarities between Nutt and Mullen are striking really. Most of us can see him mailing it in, and nowhere is it more clear than in recruiting. Do we give him another year to see if he can complete a total crash and burn -- and thus complete an exact replica of Nutt's career at Ole Miss(post Mullen era)?