PDA

View Full Version : For those finished with online church this morning (I just logged off)

R2Dawg
03-22-2020, 11:34 AM
turn on 08 Kansas vs Memphis NC game replay. Big boy basketball. Man these two teams were really talented.

MaroonFlounder
03-22-2020, 09:10 PM
Our pastor made a house call with communion wine & wafer.

I told him these times feel like book of Revelations playing out.

He agreed.

viverlibre
03-22-2020, 09:49 PM
I wonder what this will do to small, rural churches that don't have much of an online presence (due to older members and leadership). Most offering/tithe money comes in through the offering plate, some members will continue to give by whatever means necessary, but others will not (especially with so many being hit hard in the pocketbook).

Large, prosperous churches, like Pinelake, have a good bit of fat in their budgets and a younger crowd that is more apt to give online. They can tighten the belt and still be able to pay essential bills and salaries. A small church, with the pastor as the only full-time employee, is likely going to struggle.

FYI my mom's small rural church, with a mostly older crowd, had in-person services today. Last week I advised my mom to stay home and she has followed those orders.

confucius say
03-22-2020, 10:01 PM
Yea I can't understand why some churches are still meeting. Especially with older populations

viverlibre
03-22-2020, 10:10 PM
Yea I can't understand why some churches are still meeting. Especially with older populations

Because of tight margins and they know that without services they will miss a lot of tithes/offerings. This whole ordeal may lead to the reemergence of bi-vocational preachers for small churches. This was common back in the day, but many small churches have made their pastors full time, although the weekly crowds are 100 or less.

R2Dawg
03-23-2020, 11:38 AM
Because of tight margins and they know that without services they will miss a lot of tithes/offerings. This whole ordeal may lead to the reemergence of bi-vocational preachers for small churches. This was common back in the day, but many small churches have made their pastors full time, although the weekly crowds are 100 or less.

This could really impact smaller churches. I think it could help larger churches where people who may not ordinarily come will go online and tune in. My wife noticed several new people on facebook stream Sunday that have never been to our church. We also just setup online giving as far as tithe. I will probably start doing that now and forego the plate routine.

This is not the end yet but a forecast of the end and maybe a trial run of sorts. No doubt this crisis will be used as a catalyst for establishing One world order and cashless society. All these things have been converging for many years. I say this is not the end because of one major piece - Israel. Israel has to build the temple. When they start this, get ready and I mean pack your bags.

Lord McBuckethead
03-23-2020, 03:45 PM
We held Sunday school on Zoom Sunday. It was pretty good to see everyone.
Also note: Revelations was a story. No need to worry about it, unless a 1/3 of the world population disappears all at once without warning. Then I would imagine, most of us would be gone that moment and it wouldn't matter.

Or it could just be a story, made up by a guy. Translated poorly over centuries. I am not one that believes every line in the Bible is golden and all perfect representation of God's history or intent.

BiscuitEater
03-23-2020, 04:03 PM
And yet, it was a in the mid 1300's in Europe, after ~20-30 million had died from the black plague when some finally turned to the Bible for help.

Passage from Laviticus .."He shall remain unclean all the days during which he has the infection; he is unclean. He shall live alone; his dwelling shall be outside the camp." Leviticus 14:8. Thus, 'quarantine' was invented or rather 'rediscovered' in the Bible and Europe was saved.