PDA

View Full Version : In defense of Dan

NeedMoreCowbell
11-03-2013, 09:22 AM
What is wrong with you people?!?! You are hurting the program.*cough*

Dan has done something unthinkable just a few years ago: three straight bowl games and three straight wins over TSUN. Sure, this year hasn't gone as well and people are grouchy about it. But you don't build a program from mediocrity to elite without a few bumps in the road.*cough*

Look at Mizzou. They were a dumpster fire last year, but they didn't fire Pinkle and are competing for Atlanta this year. The chicken littles in our fanbase don't seem to get this.*cough*

The current staff is building relationships in recruiting. All of that investment would be forfeited if we send them packing. We need to stay the course and, dare I say, try to be supportive.*cough*

There's an old saying about people hired in leadership positions: You support them 100%, right up until you fire them. No one on these message boards can fire the coach; they can only support or drag down.*cough*

And make no mistake: By contributing to this speculation about Dan's employment security, you ARE hurting the program. Don't kid yourself if you think screenshots of these threads aren't being shown to our recruits.*cough*

NeedMoreCowbell
11-03-2013, 09:24 AM
New member. I have no idea how those *cough* things got inserted into my post.

civildawg
11-03-2013, 09:29 AM
My thing with Dan is the first 7 games of the season he has shown no will to win what so ever. Yes he showed that yesterday but that just makes me even more mad. You don't get paid 3 mil and act like you don't care. That deserves firing

Dawgfan77
11-03-2013, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=NeedMoreCowbell;78838]What is wrong with you people?!?! You are hurting the program.*cough*

Dan has done something unthinkable just a few years ago: three straight bowl games and three straight wins over TSUN. This should be the normal and now why we should keep a mediocre coach

Look at Mizzou. They were a dumpster fire last year, but they didn't fire Pinkle and are competing for Atlanta this year. The chicken littles in our fanbase don't seem to get this.*cough* Pinkle took MO to a BCS game and was the first year in the SEC really no comparision

The current staff is building relationships in recruiting. All of that investment would be forfeited if we send them packing. We need to stay the course and, dare I say, try to be supportive.*cough* Not true, this staff has pissed off a ton of HS coaches due Dan's attitude.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 09:52 AM
What is wrong with you people?!?! You are hurting the program.*cough*

Dan has done something unthinkable just a few years ago: three straight bowl games and three straight wins over TSUN. Sure, this year hasn't gone as well and people are grouchy about it. But you don't build a program from mediocrity to elite without a few bumps in the road.*cough*

Look at Mizzou. They were a dumpster fire last year, but they didn't fire Pinkle and are competing for Atlanta this year. The chicken littles in our fanbase don't seem to get this.*cough*

The current staff is building relationships in recruiting. All of that investment would be forfeited if we send them packing. We need to stay the course and, dare I say, try to be supportive.*cough*

There's an old saying about people hired in leadership positions: You support them 100%, right up until you fire them. No one on these message boards can fire the coach; they can only support or drag down.*cough*

And make no mistake: By contributing to this speculation about Dan's employment security, you ARE hurting the program. Don't kid yourself if you think screenshots of these threads aren't being shown to our recruits.*cough*

Look... I'm a keep Mullen guy, right now anyway, but I have a few problems with your post.

1. Other programs have shown the ability to recruit and gain momentum much faster than we have. Whether that is Mullen's fault or not is honestly above my pay grade.

2. I believe Mizzou had some serious injuries last year that really held them back. Plus, they play in the East, which honestly feels like the cleaner easier side of the conference.

3. True our staff is still building relationships, but apparently the OM staff already had relationships and Hud already has better relationships than Mullen has built in 5 years.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 09:55 AM
My thing with Dan is the first 7 games of the season he has shown no will to win what so ever. Yes he showed that yesterday but that just makes me even more mad. You don't get paid 3 mil and act like you don't care. That deserves firing

I don't get this, I honestly don't. How do you know his will to win?

Do you only like coaches that walk around yelling and screaming on the sidelines? That doesn't make a good coach.

Did you ever think that a coach that walks around screaming and yelling causes the panic and lack of composure we saw yesterday?

Jimbo Fisher is one of the most laid back coaches in the country and his team plays well, and with poise and composure, Shocking how that happens.